Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 262 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Elon Musk is rolling out satellite internet service. I didn't know that was a thing but apparently, it's a thing now.

I investigated this as I wanted internet at my static caravan and there was no broadband. It was a no go or a very expensive way .

I'm however getting rid of the caravan next March so it's too late for me

If only we had a cricket thread, damn us for not thinking of it... :coolio:

oh and good luck with your nerve test. If you need any people to back you up, I am sure a lot of us can confirm you get on our nerves. :toot::toot:

He is just such a maverick sirdennis, you watch, he'll be telling us what he's watched on tv and the latest film he's viewed in here next!

Trekker the Anarchist.

I think he is still unsettled by the fact that he missed Frank Bough dying in the R.I.P thread.

I investigated this as I wanted internet at my static caravan and there was no broadband. It was a no go or a very expensive way .

I'm however getting rid of the caravan next March so it's too late for me

It's only available in the US and Canada for now but it won't be long until it's available all over the world. It's not such a big deal for city slickers like us but it's going to mean a lot of people in tech can leave the cities and still get paid mega money.

Neighbour bin update . They still haven't bothered to clear up the now split and over flowing bin bag they left out mistakenly believing it would be taken.
Dirty Dingle bastards .

I'm on leave today and days like this make me realise I can easily occupy myself upon retirement!.

I'm sort of retired, or semi retired, it has been a disaster so far really. Covid, then lockdown, then the flair up, which is 18 weeks long at the moment. So much for relaxing, going to the forests and woods to be 'hippy' and chilling. Ha. My timing is ace!!!!!!

I can confirm tv has been very useful!!

My laptop was playing up a bit the other day, so in a fit of frustration I had a look on ebay. A fantastic, almost new HP one came up in my search, and nobody had bid on it yet. It was on for less than 2/3rds a new one would cost, and only a couple of months old.

I placed a bid equal to the minimum required. In my mind, it would be beaten, as it is a great deal, so I really wasn't expecting to win. I was just teaching my old laptop a lesson!!!!!

One day to go on the auction, and it is still the only bid. Whoops.

Part of me wants it, because it is a great laptop, and part of me is hoping I'll be outbid, because my Dell XPS 13 is fine, really.

Is this win/win or lose/lose?

I'm sort of retired, or semi retired, it has been a disaster so far really. Covid, then lockdown, then the flair up, which is 18 weeks long at the moment. So much for relaxing, going to the forests and woods to be 'hippy' and chilling. Ha. My timing is ace!!!!!!

I can confirm tv has been very useful!!

I guess a small crumb of comfort is that the flair up coincides with a time where there isnt much to do and restrictions are in place. But yes 'free' things like being outdoors in the fresh air enjoying the simple things is more than an irritation!.

I genuinely think that I will have no problem filling my time in retirement.

I guess a small crumb of comfort is that the flair up coincides with a time where there isnt much to do and restrictions are in place. But yes 'free' things like being outdoors in the fresh air enjoying the simple things is more than an irritation!.

I genuinely think that I will have no problem filling my time in retirement.

If sensible, you really won't I'm sure.

All I need is a stroll, or a hike, make sure parents are ok and my gym. Obviously at the moment flair up wise, it falls down. However, when I was working all the hours and having these flair ups, it used to be hell. So at least there is less stress and as boring as I find it, I can rest up.

Have to look on the positives and it is a positive!