January transfer window | Page 40 | Vital Football

January transfer window

The story that you linked to is dated 3 June 2019.
That’s early mornings for you. Story had popped up on the Lincs live site. Never even thought about checking the date!! My fault for reading that shite 🤢😂 Looks like the Bruno rumour is valid though 😢

Centre Back is looking like a headache with Bossie likely to miss up to half our remaining games.
Bolger/Shacks are unlikely to go injury/suspension-free for any long period.
With five loanees in Saturday's squad, adding another loan would mean someone sitting out.

Might be a case of getting someone on a short-term deal until a young ball-playing defender can be found in the summer (unless Max M is trusted with this?).

What this Andrade transfer has shown in a thread like this is that, sometimes, rumours are passed off as just that, a little too quickly.

Just because you don't think something will happen, it doesn't mean it won't. Just because you don't think the player will make that move, it doesn't mean he won't. Just because something is rumoured but doesn't happen, it doesn't mean things weren't happening behind the scenes.

I get hold of most of the transfer news, which I don't put in these threads because it's not my place to do so. Others may have heard things 3rd or 4th hand and are happy to share. The Andrade thing cropped up for me middle of last week I think it was, so reading the denial of anything in the Salford move was an interesting one. Sometimes there are people posting on here who actually know what they're talking about, and just because it ends up not happening, it doesn't mean they're any less informed. Football moves in different directions, very fast.

Why does Leigh Curtis know all our business. Nothing from our own press of course
He's big mates with O'Connor so that's probably where he got that one.

Wouldn't surprise me if our lot told him and he's tweeted it. You'd expect a local journalist to know a few bits of info anyway. Our lot will have been told not to say anything and embargo any information.

You can always tell how long it's been in the pipeline by how quickly the Echo get their more detailed articles online.

What this Andrade transfer has shown in a thread like this is that, sometimes, rumours are passed off as just that, a little too quickly.

Just because you don't think something will happen, it doesn't mean it won't. Just because you don't think the player will make that move, it doesn't mean he won't. Just because something is rumoured but doesn't happen, it doesn't mean things weren't happening behind the scenes.

I get hold of most of the transfer news, which I don't put in these threads because it's not my place to do so. Others may have heard things 3rd or 4th hand and are happy to share. The Andrade thing cropped up for me middle of last week I think it was, so reading the denial of anything in the Salford move was an interesting one. Sometimes there are people posting on here who actually know what they're talking about, and just because it ends up not happening, it doesn't mean they're any less informed. Football moves in different directions, very fast.

All true. But for a completely unconnected punter like me, there's absolutely no way to tell. I know one or two folks I'd trust as sources on here, but even they are wrong sometimes. All grist to the message-board mill, though!