January transfer window | Page 38 | Vital Football

January transfer window

Another point worth noting is that the big clubs have always loaned us players. The likes of Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal) come to mind in recent years.

The difference now is that they are loaning us their stars of the future instead of those they are trying to find permanent homes for.

Another point worth noting is that the big clubs have always loaned us players. The likes of Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal) come to mind in recent years.

The difference now is that they are loaning us their stars of the future instead of those they are trying to find permanent homes for.

They may want them to experience a home "atmosphere". Something that does not exist at either West Ham or Arsenal.

Think the comparisons between Sutton and Appleton are a bit wide of the mark, and a bit unfair to MA. Appleton has experience of managing in this division and of coaching at the highest level. Sutton meanwhile had no coaching experience and was just playing at being a Manager to see if he could do it. Also he was, and is, a complete arse.

They may want them to experience a home "atmosphere". Something that does not exist at either West Ham or Arsenal.

Spot on about the Gooners. The atmosphere at the Olympic Stadium isn’t as bad as made out to be - albeit the ‘atmosphere’ is often one of vitriol aimed at the Dildo Brothers.

I can remember Toffolo being less then complementary on the radio about the previous management. I am sure it was him?

Does seem unlikely that he would rush to join them.

It might be good news for us if we do sell as there could be a queue

Unless Salford are offering championship wages I can’t see anyone going up there especially Andrade who at 26 is about to peak in the next year or 2 he will not want to be playing for a team who are 12th in league 2 in front of a few thousand.

O’Connor is at the right age to go there as he could get a couple of lucrative years from them. For the club he is not always available and presumably is a high earner. It might also be an indication that Morrell is staying if OC goes.

What this transfer window has highlighted more than anything is the massive contrast in Management styles between Danny and MA.
It was always smoke and mirrors with Danny and most transfers did not happen early in the windows.But we all know how successful his Management style was for the club.
However MA is a totally different animal he said he wanted to bring younger players into the club and at least 4 or 5 new players in in January. He has delivered already, it would appear that he has a pretty transparent style of Management. I cannot see any reason why he cannot also bring great success to the Club.
I find these new young players coming in extremely exciting, not only are they young but they look a really talented bunch. We will have some more ups and downs this season but I think next Season could be very exciting for us all if MA
keeps things going along these lines.

Betfred are offering odds of 40 to 1 on oddschecker for us to get promoted !!:oops: . Thats ridiculous, we're just 6 pts off the playoffs. I know where im going in the morning before they clock the calibre of our new intake. Got to be worth a fiver that. (last of the big spenders).
I like a bet but 40/1 shots don't win very often. I suggest putting your 5 on a win today at around 2/1, then consider if you want to put another 5 on the 40s!

Which would be ironic because he slagged off Raggett's 'people' for trying to get him to do that prior to the Wycombe game two years ago.

Depends on his source but could just be amplifying the gossip we’ve already heard. The fact he’s not involved today is nothing to do with a potential move assuming he’s not made a quicker recovery than expected.

I thought our old players who play in league two went to the cods not bloody Salford!
So they want Akinde O'Connor and Andrade? Pett as well maybe? Freck?