January transfer window | Vital Football

January transfer window

NorthNottsImp

Vital Reserves Team
I think we can all see that the Jan transfer window is going to be hopefully busy. I am sure that MA has targets in mind and that he knows who he wants to bring in. Assuming that we didn't pay a lot of compensation for MA, we will have some Cowley money available. One rumour I heard last night is that Chapman's agent is pushing for a move away. Could we see Anderson leave? It would be a shame but he hasn't really played that much under MA. Will we get a much-needed striker in? I am still unconvinced by Akinde and think he may leave. One key aspect for me will be keeping Morrell.

We need to get another forward and central defender in January whatever happens. This squad is so unbalanced. I dread to think what will happen if walker gets a serious injury.

We need to get another forward and central defender in January whatever happens. This squad is so unbalanced. I dread to think what will happen if walker gets a serious injury.

I get your point but it's no more lacking in CF and CD options than last years title winning squad was.

Bit early to be considering this. If we are where we are or better come 1st January leave well alone as January signings don't work
Consolidate this season and work it out come the summer

The other issue is trying to retain the players we want to keep.

I’m not sure we have to do anything in January except be prepared to replace any players that leave or take advantage of opportunities created by other teams dealings.

Need to strengthen up-front and centre back - but if the Cowleys had been here probably gone for a couple more midfield players!!

Bit surprised about Chapman if true, seems MA likes him and he is getting more chances now. Don't see him moving any higher up the leagues.

Bit surprised about Chapman if true, seems MA likes him and he is getting more chances now. Don't see him moving any higher up the leagues.

I assume you mean you don’t see him moving up the leagues yet...

Chapman is the one we really need to sign up on a long term contract.

Chapman is still 18 and playing L1 football... great potential to become one of Lincoln’s best players for many a year.

I assume you mean you don’t see him moving up the leagues yet...

Chapman is the one we really need to sign up on a long term contract.

Chapman is still 18 and playing L1 football... great potential to become one of Lincoln’s best players for many a year.
Yes meant don't see him moving to a club in the Championship or higher at the moment.

Chapman could be a contender 18 year old made half a dozen League 2 appearance and decent performance in League 1. Could be a good contender for a Championship academy side.

I think it is fair to say there will be a few arrivals and departures in January. Well I would be very surprised if that is not the case. MA will want to put his own stamp on the squad.

I still maintain for this level of football we have a decent competitive squad that can be a touch naive at times.
2/3 additions and I think we can keep building. The next two are relatively important windows to demonstrate the direction of the club.

I still believe that some think MAPP won’t be backed like the Cowleys were, I believe he could be backed more significantly.