January transfer window | Page 41 | Vital Football

January transfer window

What this Andrade transfer has shown in a thread like this is that, sometimes, rumours are passed off as just that, a little too quickly.

Just because you don't think something will happen, it doesn't mean it won't. Just because you don't think the player will make that move, it doesn't mean he won't. Just because something is rumoured but doesn't happen, it doesn't mean things weren't happening behind the scenes.

I get hold of most of the transfer news, which I don't put in these threads because it's not my place to do so. Others may have heard things 3rd or 4th hand and are happy to share. The Andrade thing cropped up for me middle of last week I think it was, so reading the denial of anything in the Salford move was an interesting one. Sometimes there are people posting on here who actually know what they're talking about, and just because it ends up not happening, it doesn't mean they're any less informed. Football moves in different directions, very fast.

So how close was Bruno to leaving in the summer then?

All true. But for a completely unconnected punter like me, there's absolutely no way to tell. I know one or two folks I'd trust as sources on here, but even they are wrong sometimes. All grist to the message-board mill, though!
Correct, but I don't think you were one who necessarily poured scorn on it. I'd probably have had reservations as well, I was surprised when it cropped up, but given their financial resources, it probably wasn't a massive surprise they were linked.

I think with Andrade the problem was he was supposed to be still injured, think the confirmation he had been training all week came after the Leigh Curtis tweet.

So how close was Bruno to leaving in the summer then?
I can't remember how the summer panned out tbh. Didn't he injure his ankle and was rehabbing alongside Freck?

I think we all got the impression that Andrade was being held back by DC because he wanted to raise funds.

I can't remember how the summer panned out tbh. Didn't he injure his ankle and was rehabbing alongside Freck?

I think we all got the impression that Andrade was being held back by DC because he wanted to raise funds.

And yet I was categorically told by at least 2 fans that he was leaving in the summer along with Akinde.

I’m not sure how anyone can guarantee something will happen 100%. All you can do is guarantee that a rumour that something might happen is reliable based on your source.

I was happy to pour scorn on the Curtis comment due to the way it was worded about Andrade not being in the squad off the back of being injured for a month. Turns out he was right I was wrong. C'est la vie.

What this Andrade transfer has shown in a thread like this is that, sometimes, rumours are passed off as just that, a little too quickly.

Just because you don't think something will happen, it doesn't mean it won't. Just because you don't think the player will make that move, it doesn't mean he won't. Just because something is rumoured but doesn't happen, it doesn't mean things weren't happening behind the scenes.

I get hold of most of the transfer news, which I don't put in these threads because it's not my place to do so. Others may have heard things 3rd or 4th hand and are happy to share. The Andrade thing cropped up for me middle of last week I think it was, so reading the denial of anything in the Salford move was an interesting one. Sometimes there are people posting on here who actually know what they're talking about, and just because it ends up not happening, it doesn't mean they're any less informed. Football moves in different directions, very fast.
Luke, as a lifelong pedant I enjoyed your 'sermon'. However what remains unclear to me is the phrase "I get hold of most of the transfer news". Our chairman and members of the Supporters Board have been known to post on Vitals. Are you saying you are similarly ITK but are necessarily selective/discrete on what you post? Or has the phrase "it's not my place to do so" been added there as weasel words to big-it-up and hide that you aren't really ITK?

Luke, as a lifelong pedant I enjoyed your 'sermon'. However what remains unclear to me is the phrase "I get hold of most of the transfer news". Our chairman and members of the Supporters Board have been known to post on Vitals. Are you saying you are similarly ITK but are necessarily selective/discrete on what you post? Or has the phrase "it's not my place to do so" been added there as weasel words to big-it-up and hide that you aren't really ITK?
Ouch! Meewow

You've confused me with putting blue within olive so I'm not sure whether that's a sarcastic post or not. :lol:

Don’t know whether it’ll impact on our chances of keeping Morrell but it seems Burnley are about to spend £6m on one of Bristol City’s midfielders.
Would post a link but don’t know how 😩

Don’t know whether it’ll impact on our chances of keeping Morrell but it seems Burnley are about to spend £6m on one of Bristol City’s midfielders.
Would post a link but don’t know how 😩

"We understand however, that despite talks taking place, as it stands no transfer is close to happening." So probably not "about to spend £6m currently at all"