January Signings | Page 18 | Vital Football

January Signings

So the sum total of our January business so far has been to loan out RND and Verrips. There'll be trouble 't mill if we don't bring anyone in.

I see Demarai Gray has gone to Germany for peanuts to sit on Leverkusen's bench. What a weapon he could have been for us in the Championship. But, but, but - wages.

So the sum total of our January business so far has been to loan out RND and Verrips. There'll be trouble 't mill if we don't bring anyone in.

I see Demarai Gray has gone to Germany for peanuts to sit on Leverkusen's bench. What a weapon he could have been for us in the Championship. But, but, but - wages.
Didn’t even know verrips had gone out 😳

There'll be trouble 't mill if we don't bring anyone in.

It could be historic.

We'll probably end up getting within 4 or 5 points of safety.

Then in 4 or 5 years time when we're back in L1 we'll rue 'the PL relegation where we didn't even strengthen in January'...

It could be historic.

Then in 4 or 5 years time when we're back in L1 we'll rue 'the PL relegation where we didn't even strengthen in January'...
Especially when you see the likes of Ben Davies being quoted at £2 million to Liverpool. The board would not sanction that signing before the start of the season and that could be the most costly mistake in the clubs history.

It could be historic.

We could have brought in any number of expensive players, out of favour, out of form, or coming back from injury. See them on the bench twice and wondered again why we thought we could find the saviour out of other peoples cast offs. Every January the same.

Name me three January signings for us who had a positive effect of the team.

We could have brought in any number of expensive players, out of favour, out of form, or coming back from injury. See them on the bench twice and wondered again why we thought we could find the saviour out of other peoples cast offs. Every January the same.

Name me three January signings for us who had a positive effect of the team.

Hogan, Madine and Dowell spring to mind.

Both points of view carry some weight, we're as good as down so why throw more money at it as opposed to bring in some quality to at least have a puncher's chance. One thing's for sure though, fail to bring anybody in and this will be the state of Blades on social media.

WHKU305.jpg

Social media shouldn’t be that bad the last few interviews he’s said no one will be coming in he reiterated it in today’s so we should all be conditioned to the reality,anybody expecting any business either way just doesn’t listen

WBA have signed Maitland-Niles from Arsenal. Also their new striker had a good debut on Saturday. We are going to have to be on our A game tomorrow. Our rivals are all strengthening.

I hope we're not looking at Norwich and being complacent about being able to bounce straight back.

They're signing Maja as well by the looks of it.

These striker moves don't bother me though because we've got way more than enough for next season.

I hope we're not looking at Norwich and being complacent about being able to bounce straight back.
I've seen plenty of fans on different forums say in the last few weeks they didn't want us to sign anyone this month,saying it would be a waste of time.UTMPB

I've seen plenty of fans on different forums say in the last few weeks they didn't want us to sign anyone this month,saying it would be a waste of time.UTMPB

When we looked completely hopeless......

Even if you told me now we would 100% be relegated I'd still be well in favour of spending something to try and at the very least be closer to 20 points than 10.

It could make a big difference for next season.

Finish this season somewhat positively and the club is in a much better position.