January 2020 Transfers | Page 20 | Vital Football

January 2020 Transfers

I seem to remember a link to him back in the summer, I might even have written about it and I’ve seen his name again recently. He’s recently played for the German senior side and is valued at €16m by Transfermkt - would be a great signing but not sure how realistic it is in our current position, sadly.

Nice mention about steipys aerial prowess tucks, dont think hes won a header all season when ive seen him, piss poor for someone 6ft 3in. He just backs in and tried to win a free kick rather than win the header.

Remember he started off as a left winger, not a centre forward. Furthermore I suspect German football is more about the ball on the ground rather than in the air.

I thought Holt use to back into players trying to earn free kicks?

Last edited:
so why go and get a player who plays in same position as Roberts....won't it be the same issue?

Duda primarily plays as a central attacking midfield player (where Steiperman plays and where they were trying to get Sir Benny to play). Roberts is primarily a winger.

One report is that we have missed out on signing Chievo goalkeeper Elia Caprile as he has decided to sign for Leeds over us? He is 18 and apparently we have been scouting him for a while???

We have Oxborough, Muir, Barden and Johnson....may be some I have missed.
Not convinced by that story.

I seem to remember a link to him back in the summer, I might even have written about it and I’ve seen his name again recently. He’s recently played for the German senior side and is valued at €16m by Transfermkt - would be a great signing but not sure how realistic it is in our current position, sadly.

I think Botman is more likely!

Just watching the EFL on Quest and Middlesboro have this lad called Patrick Roberts who the commentator described as ‘lively ‘ and ‘impressive ‘ . I think we should try and sign him

Partner step dad is a Boro fan. Said Roberts was bloody excellent today and reminded him of 'that little Irish chap we had

Just watching the EFL on Quest and Middlesboro have this lad called Patrick Roberts who the commentator described as ‘lively ‘ and ‘impressive ‘ . I think we should try and sign him

Did 'Boro play him as a winger or a central midfield player who can header?

Secondly 'Boro play in the Championship not the premiership and while some players look capable in the Championship (eg. Steiperman) they get found out in the premiership.