January 2019 transfers | Page 4 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

Rotherham looked no fools yesterday and looked a team of battlers . We just need to be aware of that and play at 100% and we will win

Phillips and Power are set to join Dordrecht on loan according to reports in Holland.

This would be brilliant moves for these two and maybe could help them progress as young Cantwell has. Phillips has talent but he has had injuries and is there an issue with attitude as his last two loans have been cut short by both clubs. Power is another young talent and one the club think highly of.

In this report they say we are looking at sending another of our young u23 players out to Holland on loan....maybe Spyrou or Odisuna - you think whoever it is they are in the frame to make the next step...There are a few like Idah, Oxborough maybe even Srbeny.

Interesting he has hit some form in this and last season in the lower leagues but before that he has been poor in front of goal - 100 games 15 goals. You'd think that we have snapped up young forwards from lower leagues like Abrahams and Bloomfield who have gone into the u23 and then out on loan so if this was the thinking for this chap then would it be the right move for him?

Maybe if we stay in this League , but if we go up we will need a far superior type of striker . No disrespect to the lad , but past experience tells me we would have to spend big to stay in the PL

So Oli is on the way to Besiktas. Turkey seems to be a place players out of form go.

I thought it would be a loan but hopefully, they are paying his wage or giving us a loan fee. Hope he impresses and they buy him for the reported 3 million agreed in the deal.

I saw a question raised the other day and one I was thinking about. If we went up and Saints went down do you think we would be in with a shout of signing Angus Gunn on a perm deal? Krul will only have a year left and my opinion is he isn't good enough for the premiership as a number 1, McGovern will be out of contract and out of the club, Oxborough will be still inexperienced and maybe a loan.

Just wanted to see what your views would be on this? The guy loves the club and area and hasn't got a look in at Saints but would he leave a season later? Would he be too much? The guy will want to be playing at the top level to get the chance to get in the England squad.

He made a big error going to Southampton.
If he had stayed we would probably be 4 / 5 points better off already
and having first team football.

So is Oli's move a loan with a fee agreed for a move in summer or is it a £3 million deal in January?

We need to get a goalkeeper on loan in January 2019 so that Oxborough can go out on loan for the second half of the season.

In addition if we were to (must not say it)......how about David Marshall on a free (contract ends next summer) from Hull during the summer 2019 window?

Pinto has put a picture up on his Twitter (I think it was) of him back in Portugal (It coukd be anywhere in Europe but he says on picture 'good to be back' or along those lines) is he out sorting a move, is he out there just visiting or is it an old picture? With only a few months left on his deal and the ability to negotiate with other clubs 6 months before his current contract expires I can only see him leaving. A passionate guy and one I like around the club but he isn't what we need in my opinion. Good going forward but a poor defender a bit like Martin in his day.

I see some clubs are looking at Pritchard for 15 million ..... We all know he has no loyalty and would move but more importantly I'm sure we will get a cut of that money 10/15% sell on fee