January 2019 transfers | Page 2 | Vital Football

January 2019 transfers

Cant see Harry Anderson (right winger) would fit in but we do need at some stage another left winger. This would then free up Cantwell to play in "the hole".

Kieran Sadlier started off in Cambridge youth set up and went to West Ham. It seems that he went looking for first team action in Scotland and then in the Republic of Ireland.

He is 6' tall and turned 24 last September.

2016 -17 Sligo Rovers 49 apps 15 goals
2017- 18 Cork City 46 apps 18 goals

Although mainly right footed he plays on the left wing and
is out of contract at the 31/12/18.

Eire U21

Mind you how is Simon "Max" Power (a left winger) progressing?

Hi FC Bears,

Do you have any info please on Josh Giurgi?
He is a forward (but can also play in attacking midfield) - 16 years old - We signed him from Leixlip United - he scored 50 goals for them - he has played for Ireland u15s - U16s and more recently U17 and scored in their euro 2019 qualifier. He obviously has the talent to be playing at a higher level for Ireland.

That is all I know.

I see a report in Turkey is saying that Galatasaray are showing an interest in signing Pukki. Surely this won't happen and Pukki will want to stay after only moving here in Summer and being so close the premiership.

The paper says that Galatasaray had scouts watching on Saturday.

As soon as we start to do well the transfer rumours rear the ugly heads . The only way to stop it is to stay top of the League and get back to to the Prem

As soon as we start to do well the transfer rumours rear the ugly heads . The only way to stop it is to stay top of the League and get back to to the Prem
It was a big talking point on the chat with Bailey and Paddy D. They were of the opinion that Pukki - Aarons - Lewis will not leave in January if we are still in the top 6 mix but if no promotion then he thinks big money might make us sell and big wages might make them want to leave.

I would hope the new contracts would mean Aarons would stay another season after only getting into our 1st team this season and Lewis might stay one more too. But we all know contracts aren't up to much these days.

They were saying if we didn't go up Leitner - Pukki - Klose (not sign a new deal) - Aarons - Lewis - Hernandez might be the ones who clubs would look at in summer - if that were the case I would be very worried

Pukki reckons he is happy at Norwich and settled here with his family despite interest from Galatasary. That’s good to know , but as we are all aware .....money talks

Surely we won't sell in January apart from moving Oli on (loan or transfer). It will be a real fucker if we lose Webber - Idah - Pukki et al as we are looking like a real team uint again.

I see first team coach Fluthmann has left the club to return to Germany after 18 months . I hope this not unsettling and that John can seamlessly take over . I don’t want a single thing rocking the boat now we are top

I see first team coach Fluthmann has left the club to return to Germany after 18 months . I hope this not unsettling and that John can seamlessly take over . I don’t want a single thing rocking the boat now we are top
I mentioned he was leaving in an earlier post last week. We will now need a new 1st team coach. Sad that he has left as it is best to stay together but I guess he wanted to go.

Ah, yes I mentioned it in the u23 thread.

Looks like Galatasary are after prem attacker Divock Origi instead.

That's right hands off Turkey

Two things with the Pukki speculation. He’s only just signed and he’s on fire. From what I understand, at Galatasaray there would be no guarantee of being first choice which is a position he currently holds at Norwich. Surely that sort of thing must be in a player’s mind when a prospective transfer is being discussed.
Secondly, with the season going so well (at the moment) and the chance of Premier League football a real possibility (as much as it can be in November anyway) I’d be amazed if the player wanted to jump ship. I also highly doubt that City would be prepared to sell any of Pukki, Aarons or Lewis if we are still right up there come January. We keep hearing that money isn’t so tight these days, so no need to sell now. With another six months under their belts, if promotion didn’t happen, then be prepared to lose them in the summer for a very high price.
That’s probably more than two points but you get my drift, I’m sure.