January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 57 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
His advisors turned us down flat because we wouldn't give any guarantees on playing time.
It does my head in when people say this not when he was at Coventry (and we should have bloody signed him )he wasn't. Why are we so damn slow off the mark. We know we can develop talent so when it is showing go and get it. Look at how these German clubs are hoovering up young prospects. You are lucky if the player's in your academy at anyone time have one top level talent. You have to recruit them. I'll be bold For all the talk of Sterling, Parrot, Eyomna,Roles, Skipp. I'd be shocked if any of them make it as Prem players.

And this is the nexus of the problem...we have shown a history of not rotating our forwards. If Kane is healthy he plays...even if it isn't tactically correct.

*ANY forward worth their salt want to play and score...

Exactly right, other teams don't rotate their back 4 much , but do rotate their forward players, we do it the other way round for some reason that flies against all football logic.

Exactly right, other teams don't rotate their back 4 much , but do rotate their forward players, we do it the other way round for some reason that flies against all football logic.

Liverpool have had 10 different starting CM pairings this season. That’s before the Ox is back

Liverpool have had 10 different starting CM pairings this season. That’s before the Ox is back

Liverpool have an insane wealth of talent going forward and in midfield. When you think they have Wijneldum, Henderson, Keita, Milner, Ox, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi its insane to think how much they are paying in wages.

However, one injury to VVD and they are in the same position we are in now. Klopp hasnt exactly done much rotating with his best defensive players this season and he relies massively on VVD.

The real difference this season is, as Ex pointed out, that so many of our players were in the latter stages of the WC. Resting the likes of Kane for a game here and there (which Poch has done) isnt going to make up for having no pre-season and next to no proper break.

Liverpool have an insane wealth of talent going forward and in midfield. When you think they have Wijneldum, Henderson, Keita, Milner, Ox, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Sturridge, Origi its insane to think how much they are paying in wages.

However, one injury to VVD and they are in the same position we are in now. Klopp hasnt exactly done much rotating with his best defensive players this season and he relies massively on VVD.

The real difference this season is, as Ex pointed out, that so many of our players were in the latter stages of the WC. Resting the likes of Kane for a game here and there (which Poch has done) isnt going to make up for having no pre-season and next to no proper break.

I’m struggling to think of many games mopo has rested Kane?

2 league cup games and I seem to recall a league game maybe?

I agree it won’t make up for it, but giving him the week off for Tranmere might have helped a little.

As for Liverpool, they have 2 CBs out and are coping fine at the moment.

How much wages are we wasting, which goes back to the woeful job our recruitment team have done/are doing.

I’m struggling to think of many games mopo has rested Kane?

2 league cup games and I seem to recall a league game maybe?

I agree it won’t make up for it, but giving him the week off for Tranmere might have helped a little.

As for Liverpool, they have 2 CBs out and are coping fine at the moment.

How much wages are we wasting, which goes back to the woeful job our recruitment team have done/are doing.

I think the bigger problem is giving Kane too much power over how he is managed. We all know from numerous reports that Kane is a nightmare to manage in the best possible way - he is a workaholic! You have to wonder if Poch has too much trust in Kane and should force him to sit out more.

And if one of those Liverpool CB's isnt VVD, its hardly worth mentioning. HE would be the loss that could derail their season.

I think the bigger problem is giving Kane too much power over how he is managed. We all know from numerous reports that Kane is a nightmare to manage in the best possible way - he is a workaholic! You have to wonder if Poch has too much trust in Kane and should force him to sit out more.

And if one of those Liverpool CB's isnt VVD, its hardly worth mentioning. HE would be the loss that could derail their season.
Don't think that's fair mate Gomez is the best English CB in the top flight better than Stones or Maguire

Don't think that's fair mate Gomez is the best English CB in the top flight better than Stones or Maguire

As true as that is, VVD is the powerhouse in their defence. A VVD loss would have the same impact on that squad as losing Kane has had on ours. Lovren and Matip are a whole level below and Gomez is still very young.

Poch has said our recent injuries have not changed our transfer policy. If we can sign a player that improves the squad he will consider it as he has in the past.

I feel that the lack of a pre-season is the key reason for the majority or our injuries. Some are just unfortunate injuries - you can't plan for Kane's ankle injury, and Dier's appendix op, or the timing of Lucas Moura getting that knee injury. Other teams would really struggle with the amount of 1st team player injuries we've had. To still be in four comps. despite that is incredible!

POCHETTINO: I WON'T USE JANSSEN

Despite a shortage of attacking options, Mauricio Pochettino is insistent on not using out-of-favour striker Vincent Janssen.

The Dutchman signed in the summer of 2016, but has not played since August 2017. He has been linked with a move away from the club this month, with Pochettino saying there is no way back for him in north London.

"I think it's so clear that now it's one year and a half that he's not in our plans," he said. "He's not in Tottenham's plans. Not in just the manager's plans but the club's plan.

"Eighteen months ago we took the decision for him to try to find a different place to play because for different reasons it didn't work. That happens in football.

"It's not a personal problem, it's about the professional side. For different reasons that professional relationship isn't working and we need to find a solution. We are trying to find the resolution.

"He got the injury months ago and we'rehelping him, trying to find the right place for him to feel again like a player and play footb