January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 56 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
I know one of the players at Sunderland and his Dad and we've been talking about Josh for quite sometime now - the player I know there rates him very highly, but doesn't think he's good enough for the Prem - for certain there are a number of championship clubs looking at him - and I know who they are, I wouldn't be surprised if we take a chance on him.

The Sunderland fan I work with says the same, then again Kane isn’t good enough for Madrid is he ?

The Sunderland fan I work with says the same, then again Kane isn’t good enough for Madrid is he ?

Sometimes, as we know, players step up and surprise everyone with what they have in their locker - he'd be a risk for someone - but my guess is we'd just keep track of him after he goes to a championship club or oe of the lessor PL clubs that are watching him .

I know West Ham and Watford are keen on him, but haven't made a move yet.

Sometimes, as we know, players step up and surprise everyone with what they have in their locker - he'd be a risk for someone - but my guess is we'd just keep track of him after he goes to a championship club or oe of the lessor PL clubs that are watching him .

I know West Ham and Watford are keen on him, but haven't made a move yet.

I know he’s only young - but he’s “only” got 14 goals this season - his all round play is lacking as well.

What makes him different to say Billy Sharp who had the same sort of record?

Depending on the fee - it’s completely risk free.

But I would rather loan out Sterling to a League 1 club flying high and compare

I know he’s only young - but he’s “only” got 14 goals this season - his all round play is lacking as well.

What makes him different to say Billy Sharp who had the same sort of record?

Depending on the fee - it’s completely risk free.

But I would rather loan out Sterling to a League 1 club flying high and compare

According to the press it's Cardiff who look to be favourites to sign him now -0 makes sense as next season he would then be at a level where he might shine and the loss if he didn't woldn be too big to suffer.

According to the press it's Cardiff who look to be favourites to sign him now -0 makes sense as next season he would then be at a level where he might shine and the loss if he didn't woldn be too big to suffer.

Seems a sensible approach and thinking about it he reminds me a lot of Dwight Gayle- great championship player - not good enough for PL.

Tan gets/got a lot of stick - but he seems to have learnt his lesson this time around with transfers.

Just as long as they don’t fly him in ?

Bowen suits us. Can play out wide or centrally. My money is on Leicester buying him though... just because they are making a habit of buying all the top, young, English talent up from under our noses because we over-think it.

Bowen suits us. Can play out wide or centrally. My money is on Leicester buying him though... just because they are making a habit of buying all the top, young, English talent up from under our noses because we over-think it.

We definitely missed out on Maddison, top talent and I'm sure he would look even better in our team.

He had just turned 19. He also previously had a couple of loan spells where he had scored goals in the Championship.

Sterling is most definitely not a Kane type player either.

I'm not saying Sterling is a Kane-type player but how old was Kane when he scored his first PL goal? How old was Winks when he made his debut for us with no loans under his belt?

The point I'm making is that just because Sterling is 20 and hasnt been loaned out does not mean he isn't going to make it. It is Poch's decision on not loaning out players like Sterling. Onomah and CCV have reached an age where Poch would like them to be in the first team but still feels they arent at the right level so a loan is their last chance to reach that level. Sterling has obviously not reached that point yet with Poch so it wont be long before we see him get a chance. Its down to him to grab it with both hands on only then will we see what he is made of. Sometimes the ones you expect the least surprise you the most.

For the record, I have my doubts over Sterling but I think he deserves a chance to show us because there have been plenty of surprises down the years with players I thought were dead weight and would never make it and suddenly shone when given the right chance.

Poch will only play the youngsters when he is convinced they have been fully brainwashed and indoctrinated into his style of play...

We don't want any of that lateral thinking primadonna 'Gazza style' brilliance now, do we.....thinking outside the box...AND in it has been banned from our club .. in fact thinking in general seems to be verboeten

Surely we must get in some bodies now whether loans or transfers.

This really does look like the end of our season otherwise, even if Deli and Harry come back in March sometime, how long tell they get up to speed ?

And as has been mentioned, if we keep playing Winks, Llorente, Lamela and Eriksen in every single match now, they are going to break as well, guaranteed.

You couldn't make this up really, only Spurs could do it.

This really does look like the end of our season otherwise, even if Deli and Harry come back in March sometime, how long tell they get up to speed ?

And as has been mentioned, if we keep playing Winks, Llorente, Lamela and Eriksen in every single match now, they are going to break as well, guaranteed.

Money on Eriksen breaking down next?

Lamela hasnt been injured for a few weeks as well

Our next four league games up to late February where we may have Kane back anyway, certainly Dele should be:

Watford
Newcastle
Leicester
Burnley

Hardly a season ending list if Poch manages each situation comptetently!

Our next four league games up to late February where we may have Kane back anyway, certainly Dele should be:

Watford
Newcastle
Leicester
Burnley

Hardly a season ending list if Poch manages each situation comptetently!

We struggled to break down the second worst team in the league, what gives you hope for the above?

Not aimed at you, but again to repeat myself this was entirely predictable

Few of us kept on being told the squad is unable to be improved on, once again its shown as rubbish.