January 2019 Transfer Window | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7310

Silly season is about to start so I thought it's a good time to break from the summer thread.

Personally I don't expect much, all I can hope for is selling a bit of deadwood in the form of Janssen, Llorente, GKN and Vorm, and perhaps one of our loaned out players in CCV/Onomah.

Would be great to get a couple of signings in place for the summer, but it's not going to happen.

The one guy I would go all out to sign is N'dombele, he is the closest I've seen to Dembele. Papers are saying £50m might do it.

Agree on N'Dombele. Kondogbia looked good as well for Valencia last week in CL. Rate Neves as well at Wolves. Priority 1 position for me would be centre mid as we look to recover from Dembele leaving the spine of the team.

Said this in the summer, but I'd be happy if we made a formal agreement for these type of players to join in the summer and leave them at their current clubs. It's always nice to sign them now but if that's what it takes to land them then we should be prepared to get creative like BM did for Gorettzka and Liverpool did with Keita.

Seems this could be a pretty short uninspiring thread! LOL
Is that better than a long ,inspiring thread, US ,if the outcome is the same . What's the physical properties of your glass? Mine is always half full ,which is probably why I'm happy but skint, ha ha
I'm going for two in and three out but ain't got a clue on names . I just feel we can't ,........just can't ......... let another opportunity to improve the squad pass us buy ....................can we !?

Silly season is about to start so I thought it's a good time to break from the summer thread.

Personally I don't expect much, all I can hope for is selling a bit of deadwood in the form of Janssen, Llorente, GKN and Vorm, and perhaps one of our loaned out players in CCV/Onomah.

Would be great to get a couple of signings in place for the summer, but it's not going to happen.

Llorente wont be going anywhere - sitting on another 6 months of 90k a week for doing nothing.

I'd be happy if we tied Toby down to a new deal as well as bringing in a couple of good players.
Seen all sorts of rumours regarding 100 million and 85 million spends in January, but as usual I'll only believe anything as and when(if) it happens.

Getting excited about the annual non-event..oh sorry that’s Christmas...in the unlikely event that Poch/Levy/the tea lady admit their summer cock-up any player signed is unlikely to surface before next season anyway as we know Poch’s system is so complicated that professional footballers need at least 6 months to absorb it....much better to start promoting kids now...if they are any good they will show it and if not then they can get out and pursue their careers elsewhere instead of doing nothing every week.

I wrote this season off after the summer. So I would take Muttley's way of signing players for next season.

The CM area must be addressed. I think we need a new LB and cover for Alli and Eriksen.

A new up and coming number 1 would be nice.

Even if miracle of miracles we did sign anyone, Poch wouldn't play them for the remainder of the season.

Is that better than a long ,inspiring thread, US ,if the outcome is the same . What's the physical properties of your glass? Mine is always half full ,which is probably why I'm happy but skint, ha ha
I'm going for two in and three out but ain't got a clue on names . I just feel we can't ,........just can't ......... let another opportunity to improve the squad pass us buy ....................can we !?

Wanderer, well we have already let multiple windows pass without REALLY strengthening the squad...so yeah I bet we could do it again...though we better not.