January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 12 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
Just thought I'd drop in a snippet I heard; it looks like Anthony Georgiou is being prepared as a Left wingback....

It will be a very brave move if it happens, but it also might be a very exciting one too - so just as we converted Rose, we could have found another nugget....

Wouldn't get my hopes up, seems the pressure to succeed transitioned us away from promoting youth (if that was really a thing) into spending.

Not sure why Poch didn't put some effort into converting N'Koudou into the LWB. He also had the same attributes people are talking about Georgiou now.

There's also the 16 year old at Boro that has played a few cup games. The England U17 England captain. Lightning quick apparently and even the "youngsters adverse Pulis" is playing him.

Ashley Young is right footed and plays LWB. :eek!:
I was listening the other day to some EX pro saying what a big mistake it is that you should ideally avoid it. That Van Gaal among others was adamant that you should try your best, for both attacking and defensive balance for left footers at leftback leftmid and, left side centre back. It made sense to me.

Well we kind of backed ourselves into a corning now that we didn't bring anyone in earlier...Injuries are piling up and for others...well their performance is substandard.

My list in priority order:

-DM - For the love of all that is holy...please!
-LB/RB - I do think we should give the likes of KWP/Serge a legitimate shot...why not? I don't think we are better with Davies/Tripps at the moment.
-Striker - as posted in another thread...good luck finding someone that would want to ride the bench. (unless it is named Llorente...)

Well we kind of backed ourselves into a corning now that we didn't bring anyone in earlier...Injuries are piling up and for others...well their performance is substandard.

My list in priority order:

-DM - For the love of all that is holy...please!
-LB/RB - I do think we should give the likes of KWP/Serge a legitimate shot...why not? I don't think we are better with Davies/Tripps at the moment.
-Striker - as posted in another thread...good luck finding someone that would want to ride the bench. (unless it is named Llorente...)

With Serge in the side we increase the possibility of suffering mishaps both offensively and defensively, at least Tripps can do something going forward.

With Serge in the side we increase the possibility of suffering mishaps both offensively and defensively, at least Tripps can do something going forward.

Good point, though I still think Serge will be better in the long run. I think he will be a better defender and will improve going forward. (the bar set by Tripps isn't very high)

Good point, though I still think Serge will be better in the long run. I think he will be a better defender and will improve going forward. (the bar set by Tripps isn't very high)

I think the bar set by Aurier is too low for the £20+million we have paid for him. There is already a vast void to fill if he is to reach the standard you foresee. Something as basic as taking a throw-in should never have been an issue & reflect the poor level of his general game.

I think the bar set by Aurier is too low for the £20+million we have paid for him. There is already a vast void to fill if he is to reach the standard you foresee. Something as basic as taking a throw-in should never have been an issue & reflect the poor level of his general game.

I don't think his throw ins reflect his game . They were a quick fix anyway. Learning how to cross or restrain yourself from rash challenges not so easy to fix.

Abso-blood- lutly! I want brookes and Wan-bissaka even if we have to do deal where they loan back till summer. They are exactly what we need.

Have seen Brookes several times this season, he could develop into a tremendous player in a couple of seasons