January 2019 Transfer Window | Page 11 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window

• Thread starter Deleted member 7310
  • Start date
That is the thinking thats killing us. Right now mate an outstanding Leftback with the exception of Chewell at city who we cant get is not available. A very promising RB with a higher ceiling of development than what we have maybe. Its time to get strategic start doing the kind of deals Liverpool did for Keita. I think we also need to move now for Brookes at Bournemouth Eriksen is a real question mark.

What's killing us is the idea that we can stack bang average players as 'depth' or alternatively push for the best in each and every position. Liverpool play Robertson and Alexander Arnold and look pretty much invincible, there's no reason to believe KWP can shine, and use the funds elsewhere.

Ryan Sessegnon is there waiting. I'd sell Rose, Tripps along the rest of the deadwood to sign him in Jan and loan him back to Fulham until the end of the season.

If we can't bag him, Kieran Tierney will also be a fantastic signing.

That is the thinking thats killing us. Right now mate an outstanding Leftback with the exception of Chewell at city who we cant get is not available. A very promising RB with a higher ceiling of development than what we have maybe. Its time to get strategic start doing the kind of deals Liverpool did for Keita. I think we also need to move now for Brookes at Bournemouth Eriksen is a real question mark.
Brookes could be a good long term investment

What's killing us is the idea that we can stack bang average players as 'depth' or alternatively push for the best in each and every position. Liverpool play Robertson and Alexander Arnold and look pretty much invincible, there's no reason to believe KWP can shine, and use the funds elsewhere.

Ryan Sessegnon is there waiting. I'd sell Rose, Tripps along the rest of the deadwood to sign him in Jan and loan him back to Fulham until the end of the season.

Arnold and Robertson ...are excellent young players. I was on here banging on about Robertson when he was at Hull. Not sure I follow you. Sessingnon is not a LB anyone who has watched knows this. I agree about stockpiling average but we have to get better at getting the best young players we can. By the way did you lads see the kid that came on for Wolves. Harry Kane would love playing with that lad he looks quality.

Arnold and Robertson ...are excellent young players. I was on here banging on about Robertson when he was at Hull. Not sure I follow you. Sessingnon is not a LB anyone who has watched knows this. I agree about stockpiling average but we have to get better at getting the best young players we can. By the way did you lads see the kid that came on for Wolves. Harry Kane would love playing with that lad he looks quality.
Gibbs-White was part of the England side that won the U17 WC, if I was Poch I would be going all out to get him. England really do have some outstanding young players coming through, Jadon Sancho, Foden, Mason Mount, Rice (if he chooses England over Ireland) and this kid. I really hope Edwards joins that club.

Sessegnon has played a LB in each and every game this season.

Being part of a defence that's conceded 28 goals in 10 games is probably a bit of a culture shock from where he was last season. Be really interesting to see whether he sinks or swims being back at LB.

I thought Sessegnon is playing further forward and doesn't want to be a 'wing-back'?

Have you seen there defensive record.? Im well aware he has "played" there (by the way he has not played each and every game ) he was dropped for a couple of games after we played them. Then he played wide mid, garanteed he will make his name further forward he is not a LB and has been as poor as Bale was in that position. Dont get me wrong I've been most vocal on us buying him as a wide midfeild player for us, he is quality but not a leftback. And Ex is correct the kid is a good lad and does what he is told but has made it clear he dont want to be a LB

Last edited:
Looking at Fulham's defensive record to assess personal potential is mad, it's like not buying players from relegated teams because they suck.

Watched him last season play an attacking role and called it here that he wasn't getting time in LB. Now he is, and if that's his preferred position, he has everything it takes to become a top LB.

Both him or Kieran Tierney would be my shout way ahead of any RB.

Looking at Fulham's defensive record to assess personal potential is mad, it's like not buying players from relegated teams because they suck.

Watched him last season play an attacking role and called it here that he wasn't getting time in LB. Now he is, and if that's his preferred position, he has everything it takes to become a top LB.

Both him or Kieran Tierney would be my shout way ahead of any RB.
Pollo I have seen him live against us and seen him at the Cottage for Fulham, I'm judging him on his gor at leftback its been poor. More over he dont want to play there! Seen this with Dire and Bale trying to get someone to play where they are not fully comfortable dont work.

Wonder whether Dembele confirmed as being out until early 2019 will be a timely reminder to the club to make a bold move for a new centre mid in the Jan window?
Ndombele scored again in the champions league we aint ever getting him but we so need reinforcing at centre mid...?

I still like the look of Diawara of Napoli. He is the best young DM around.

Good passer with good vision. He gets stuck in and reads the game well. Top athlete to boot.

Him and Winks would be top nosh.

Need to watch some more of Red Star, because some of their players looked good.

Wonder whether Dembele confirmed as being out until early 2019 will be a timely reminder to the club to make a bold move for a new centre mid in the Jan window?

I remember when I had hope for the transfer window haha!

Have you seen there defensive record.? Im well aware he has "played" there (by the way he has not played each and every game ) he was dropped for a couple of games after we played them. Then he played wide mid, garanteed he will make his name further forward he is not a LB and has been as poor as Bale was in that position. Dont get me wrong I've been most vocal on us buying him as a wide midfeild player for us, he is quality but not a leftback. And Ex is correct the kid is a good lad and does what he is told but has made it clear he dont want to be a LB

Just thought I'd drop in a snippet I heard; it looks like Anthony Georgiou is being prepared as a Left wingback....

It will be a very brave move if it happens, but it also might be a very exciting one too - so just as we converted Rose, we could have found another nugget....

I dont know why more effortis put into making what you need. Whenever I have watch Antony I've thought, he has assets but will he ever by a top class wide mid? He could however easily make a cracking wing-back with many of Rose's best attributes but better delivery and vision to boot. If he is of the right mindset give him a proper go at it.

I dont know why more effortis put into making what you need. Whenever I have watch Antony I've thought, he has assets but will he ever by a top class wide mid? He could however easily make a cracking wing-back with many of Rose's best attributes but better delivery and vision to boot. If he is of the right mindset give him a proper go at it.

The other added bonus is that Spurs is in his blood, so if he does end up being as good as, or better (as one of our coaches told me) than Danny at LWB....we've got him for a long time to come.

Perhaps, his chances will start in the cups this season?