January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 70 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

You're probably correct, which is such a shame as it does put us in the "negative" bracket; especially when playing at home.
Problem being that most of our opponents come here with five in the middle and one up top, or play a formation that packs the midfield. If we play a formation that leaves us open then we'd lose. I'd rather we won ugly than lost playing pretty football.

Heard a rumour! that Shackell has an American wife and is joining an American club in the Summer, maybe just for the Summer and back here next season. Don't know if there is any truth in it. Could be the reason Bolger has signed.
Would certainly explain why Bolger would sign for us when it looked like he would be as likely to start here as he is doing at Fleetwood. If we said he'll get a few games this year but be first choice next year in League One, he might have taken it from a longer-term point of view.

I think Akinde has had a really good run of performances for us recently Started really well yesterday but then I felt he struggled , not his best game for us.
However,whilst I acknowledge we need another back up striker I think the midfield area is the one that needs an additional player. We have probably the strongest defensive midfield in the league they work there socks off closing down the opposition and helping out the defense. But I think we lack a creative midfielder who could play the sort of balls to Akinde etc to unlock a defence. But unless Danny can come up with one of his signings who isn't on anyones radar.These players are rarely available and would probably be too expensive.
Butvyou never know with Danny.
I was impressed with the way he rolled the Grmsby defender to get through on goal, down the left channel. Sadly McKeown got out well to save, but it was a lovely piece of skill and strength.

Timewasters we can do without.

Elsnick from Derby or Humphrys at Fulham could be better options....both would be loans.

Our current midfielders certainly know there will be competition soon for their places and that is a good thing,........on your toes lads!!!!!!!!! i want your shirt?

Humphrys signed full time with Southend and then scored 2 goals on Saturday in their 4-0 win at Bradford.......decent player.
check the goals out on his twitter
https://twitter.com/HumphrysStevie?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Hearing that we're interested in Rob Hunt from Oldham. Plays RB.
(according to my Oldham supporting mate the source is normally reliable)

Isn’t it a bit too similar to the lad at Grimsby announcing he’s going to the states for the same reason? Too much of a co-incidence this comes out within a day or so!?

Quite possibly. I personally have not heard the rumour, but I do know his Mrs is American.

Current squad (with contract date) after the departure of Bernard Mensah:

Goalkeepers: 2
Grant Smith (June 2020)
Josh Vickers (June 2019)

Defenders: 9
Cian Bolger (June 2021)
Michael Bostwick (June 2020)
Neal Eardley (June 2020)
Harry Toffolo (June 2020)
James Wilson (June 2020)
Sam Habergham (June 2019)
Jason Shackell (June 2019)
Scott Wharton (on loan until the end of the season)
James Brown (on loan until the end of the season)

Midfielders / Wingers: 7
Lee Frecklington (June 2020)
Ellis Chapman (June 2020)
Tom Pett (June 2020)
Harry Anderson (June 2020)
Bruno Andrade (June 2020)
Michael O'Connor (June 2019 with option for further year)
Danny Rowe (on loan until the end of the season)

Strikers: 3
John Akinde (June 2021)
Matt Rhead (June 2019)
Shay McCartan (on loan until the end of the season with option to purchase)

Tom Shaw and Jamie McCombe are not included - unlikely to be used except in emergency. Jordan Adebayo-Smith not included because he is not currently on professional terms.

Total: 21
Signed: 17
On loan: 4

So far this window: 6 out, 3 in

Goalkeepers: 1 out (Slocombe), 0 in
Defenders: 1 out (Crookes), 2 in (Bolger, Brown)
Midfielders/wingers: 3 out (Luque, Gordon, Mensah), 1 in (Rowe)
Forwards: 1 out (Green), 0 in

Sincilbanks if JA has an average of 0.1 assist per 90 minutes he would only have had 2.7 assists this year. I believe he has about 10 assists this year, am I missing something here?

I like to see the squad list, because what was one of the Cods comments that we would lose all our players next year? 4 out of contract, and being ruthless two injury prone and two veterans