January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 68 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

I'm sure Danny implied in the past that he was interested in signing Duckens Nazon. From recollection of that game against Coventry he is the sort of player that we could do with. He's not playing much for Sint-Truiden in the first division in Belgium but he is under contract there for another two and a half years.

Current squad (with contract date) after the departure of Kellan Gordon:

Goalkeepers: 2
Grant Smith (June 2020)
Josh Vickers (June 2019)

Defenders: 9
Cian Bolger (June 2021)
Michael Bostwick (June 2020)
Neal Eardley (June 2020)
Harry Toffolo (June 2020)
James Wilson (June 2020)
Sam Habergham (June 2019)
Jason Shackell (June 2019)
Scott Wharton (on loan until the end of the season)
James Brown (on loan until the end of the season)

Midfielders / Wingers: 8
Lee Frecklington (June 2020)
Ellis Chapman (June 2020)
Tom Pett (June 2020)
Harry Anderson (June 2020)
Bruno Andrade (June 2020)
Michael O'Connor (June 2019 with option for further year)
Danny Rowe (on loan until the end of the season)
Bernard Mensah (on loan until the end of the season)

Strikers: 3
John Akinde (June 2021)
Matt Rhead (June 2019)
Shay McCartan (on loan until the end of the season with option to purchase)

Tom Shaw and Jamie McCombe are not included - unlikely to be used except in emergency. Jordan Adebayo-Smith not included because he is not currently on professional terms.

Total: 22
Signed: 17
On loan: 5

So far this window: 5 out, 3 in

Goalkeepers: 1 out (Slocombe), 0 in
Defenders: 1 out (Crookes), 2 in (Bolger, Brown)
Midfielders/wingers: 2 out (Luque, Gordon), 1 in (Rowe)
Forwards: 1 out (Green), 0 in

Interesting name I did hear yesterday was Duckens Nazon who has been on loan at Oldham and Coventry previously from Wolves.

He’d be ideal. Was it just a name mentioned as someone who’d be good for us or someone thinking he’s on his way here?

Big decision to be made here. Do we go along with DC and happy to sit proudly at the top of the league or do we acknowledge the innate ramblings of Jonny come lately fans who base their football knowledge on watching football on television

Spot on. The innanity of the argument is summed up by people who seem to think that Akinde and Rhead are the same type of striker.

Heard a rumour! that Shackell has an American wife and is joining an American club in the Summer, maybe just for the Summer and back here next season. Don't know if there is any truth in it. Could be the reason Bolger has signed.

Heard a rumour! that Shackell has an American wife and is joining an American club in the Summer, maybe just for the Summer and back here next season. Don't know if there is any truth in it. Could be the reason Bolger has signed.

I’ve heard the same rumour.

Not heard this but if there is anything in it it wouldn't just be a summer thing as their league overlaps ours quite a bit. Shackell is 35 and obviously needs to secure himself beyond playing years. If there is anything in this it may be some kind of college coaching job as there are plenty of those around in the States

I think Akinde has had a really good run of performances for us recently Started really well yesterday but then I felt he struggled , not his best game for us.
However,whilst I acknowledge we need another back up striker I think the midfield area is the one that needs an additional player. We have probably the strongest defensive midfield in the league they work there socks off closing down the opposition and helping out the defense. But I think we lack a creative midfielder who could play the sort of balls to Akinde etc to unlock a defence. But unless Danny can come up with one of his signings who isn't on anyones radar.These players are rarely available and would probably be too expensive.
Butvyou never know with Danny.