January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 50 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

I always imagine these players when they are older…

Imagine the scene - Young grandson sitting on the elderly ‘player’s’ lap “granddad mummy says you were a professional footballer when you were younger”

Granddad “that’s right sonny, I was”

Grandson “oh wow!! Who did you play for?”

Granddad “well I was a really hot prospect after being in a successful youth team and so I managed to bag a place in the Chelsea squad when I came of age…”

Grandson “oh wow!! You played for Chelsea?”

Granddad “well no… I was in their squad for years though!”

Que dumbfounded look on Grandson and regretful look on ex-‘player’…

*please note – I have an over active imagination. However, In my wildest dreams if I were good enough to play league football I would take that every time over being sat in a stand as a squad number.

I’m with you mate, we clearly were brought up to value experiences and achievement and not money and materialism. Sadly that not universal.

Jem Karacan has been released by Millwall. We know Danny has a good relationship with Neil Harris, and he is a talented, experienced central midfielder who has recently suffered from injury problems.
Only 29. Could be decent. Remember thinking he looked a decent player with Reading in the premiership.

I always imagine these players when they are older…

Imagine the scene - Young grandson sitting on the elderly ‘player’s’ lap “granddad mummy says you were a professional footballer when you were younger”

Granddad “that’s right sonny, I was”

Grandson “oh wow!! Who did you play for?”

Granddad “well I was a really hot prospect after being in a successful youth team and so I managed to bag a place in the Chelsea squad when I came of age…”

Grandson “oh wow!! You played for Chelsea?”

Granddad “well no… I was in their squad for years though!”

Que dumbfounded look on Grandson and regretful look on ex-‘player’…

*please note – I have an over active imagination. However, In my wildest dreams if I were good enough to play league football I would take that every time over being sat in a stand as a squad number.
I’ve often thought that, but then I think I wouldn’t mind £30k a week to train without any of the media hassle of actual playing ? could go watch the Imps on Saturday!

It looks like it - this is the article below your link:

"Meanwhile, City will allow Shay McCartan to stay at League Two table-toppers Lincoln for the rest of the season. The Irishman scored a superb volley against Swindon at the weekend – the fifth goal of his loan."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...imminent-as-mccartan-stays-at-lincoln/?ref=ar

It looks like it - this is the article below your link:

"Meanwhile, City will allow Shay McCartan to stay at League Two table-toppers Lincoln for the rest of the season. The Irishman scored a superb volley against Swindon at the weekend – the fifth goal of his loan."

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co...imminent-as-mccartan-stays-at-lincoln/?ref=ar

And if yesterday, now over, was the deadline for recalling loanees, i presume Gordon & Mensah are with us for the duration.
I was actually impressed with Mensah (for once!) at Swindon. He was putting everything into the warm up session despite not even being named on the bench. At least he showed he is prepared to work hard for us. Whether we'll see a telling contribution from him sometime remains to be seen.

And if yesterday, now over, was the deadline for recalling loanees, i presume Gordon & Mensah are with us for the duration.
I was actually impressed with Mensah (for once!) at Swindon. He was putting everything into the warm up session despite not even being named on the bench. At least he showed he is prepared to work hard for us. Whether we'll see a telling contribution from him sometime remains to be seen.
Although Gordon differs in that sense - his loan was only until January. We would need to extend the loan to keep him.

I manange on roughly that just fine thanks and I don't love what I do now... So I am in a positiion to say if I could play football for the same wage I know which I would choose!

Not the point at all. The point is you can see why some young kids see the cash and take the chance on their career.

No thankyou.

and hopefully wharton too?