January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts | Page 49 | Vital Football

January 2019 Transfer Window Rumours/Thoughts

No wonder clubs end up with crippling debts is there?
I know our squad is a bit on the small side but 44 is ridiculous!

Why do clubs stockpile so many players? It seems to happen from the Premiership down to L2 level at least. I dislike the Chelsea model (loans for profit) and understand the bigger clubs will keep some youngsters with a view to selling for profit or making it to the first team. Beyond that it doesn't make sense for the clubs either practically or financially and as for numerous players why would you want to be training with the kids until you disappear out of football when you could be turning out in the first 11 at a club like Lincoln keeping you current and in the spotlight.

Peterborough are like a wheeler dealer model. Speculate play until 12 before the end of their contract and flog.

Unless they are a star and sell to the highest bidder.

Why do clubs stockpile so many players? It seems to happen from the Premiership down to L2 level at least. I dislike the Chelsea model (loans for profit) and understand the bigger clubs will keep some youngsters with a view to selling for profit or making it to the first team. Beyond that it doesn't make sense for the clubs either practically or financially and as for numerous players why would you want to be training with the kids until you disappear out of football when you could be turning out in the first 11 at a club like Lincoln keeping you current and in the spotlight.

I think you pay people big wages, then when it doesn't work and you panic and get more players on big wages you can't shift the old ones because no-one wants to sign players who can't get in a bad team for lots of cash. Repeat a few times and...

As a side, ITFC suddenly found 7,000 extra fans last Saturday by reducing matchday prices from £35 to £15, £2 for kids. Grossly over staffed at 44 !!

My best mate down here in Norwich is a ITFC fan, and chatting last weekend they are relying on Lambert repeating the Canaries trick of dropping down a tier (after 2 decades of boring mediocrity) for one season, and coming back as Champs immediately.

For the record he is looking forward to revenge over The Imps who he admires greatly after our visit there.

I always imagine these players when they are older…

Imagine the scene - Young grandson sitting on the elderly ‘player’s’ lap “granddad mummy says you were a professional footballer when you were younger”

Granddad “that’s right sonny, I was”

Grandson “oh wow!! Who did you play for?”

Granddad “well I was a really hot prospect after being in a successful youth team and so I managed to bag a place in the Chelsea squad when I came of age…”

Grandson “oh wow!! You played for Chelsea?”

Granddad “well no… I was in their squad for years though!”

Que dumbfounded look on Grandson and regretful look on ex-‘player’…

*please note – I have an over active imagination. However, In my wildest dreams if I were good enough to play league football I would take that every time over being sat in a stand as a squad number.

Hopefully with him intimating he might sit his contract out and leave on a fee, it will help us r.e. a fee.

Better for Fleetwood to get something and him off the wage bill rather than holding out for a silly fee.

Hopefully with him intimating he might sit his contract out and leave on a fee, it will help us r.e. a fee.

Better for Fleetwood to get something and him off the wage bill rather than holding out for a silly fee.
Compromise i would guess.

Didn’t realise that Bolger was only out of the first team as he himself wants a move. If Cowley pulls this off we have managed to acquire a player who should really be playing at the top of League One. Better keep it under wraps until confirmed!

Hi Londonimp
There's not much you can keep under wraps nowadays with Fans Forums talking about details of players their teams are likely to be after.

Jem Karacan has been released by Millwall. We know Danny has a good relationship with Neil Harris, and he is a talented, experienced central midfielder who has recently suffered from injury problems.