Jan Transfer Window | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Does anybody really think we will do well in Transfer window

I very much doubt it

I'd be more confident of signing a decent player if we invited every non-league player to send in a highlights video of themselves and we picked the top 50 for trials than if we left recruitment down to our scouting team.

My Mrs always use to go the Next boxing day sale early knowing how much she had to spend and what she was looking for. She always came back stating there was always 2 or 3 that would annoy everyone by just going to the shelves and just throwing all the clothes in bags without looking at their sizes or what they were just so they didn't want to miss out on one item that might be ok. This reminds me of Forest policy.

@Apollyon can you pop this on the italics font spreadsheet please chap

What a development!

Our transfer policy is shambolic and sums up all that is bad in the club. It is understood that Ioannou is now set to leave already in January! Do we ever have any long term plans when we spend time buying players or just look to offload them asap? It is farcical as each transfer should be thought through rather than in and out and then wonder why we lack a team spirit.It is just amateurish.

It certainly doesn't smell like team spirit chap

Aris Thessanoliki have also been linked with a move for Nicholas Ioannou.

Reports from Cypriot media publication Goal claim that there’s an interest in the 25-year-old

My Mrs always use to go the Next boxing day sale early knowing how much she had to spend and what she was looking for. She always came back stating there was always 2 or 3 that would annoy everyone by just going to the shelves and just throwing all the clothes in bags without looking at their sizes or what they were just so they didn't want to miss out on one item that might be ok. This reminds me of Forest policy.

This is spot on. Last season we had a decent back 6 in Samba, Cash, Figs, Worrall, Ribiero and Watson. Add Grabban, Silva and Lolley and you are pretty near a decent starting eleven. Things went pear shaped after the restart, but we still really only needed four or five decent additions. Things went even more pear shaped over the summer though when we lost Cash, Watson and Silva. Then injuries cost us Worrall, Grabban, Lolley . We have numerous wingers of a similar standard, but only one number ten (if that's what Freeman is).

Even with Christie we still have a decent back five, though the pressure on them has brought about some loss of form. Our ball retention is terrible. Yates, Sow, Cafu are all decent individually, maybe even two of them, but if we play two we need far more from the front four.

Aris Thessanoliki have also been linked with a move for Nicholas Ioannou.

Reports from Cypriot media publication Goal claim that there’s an interest in the 25-year-old

Massive shake up in transfers and Hughton and his team has the say on everything going and coming.

The board will also have a dust down and Vrentzos will be quiet from afar.

Things are looking up

January is such a bad time for us we generally get screwed over, knockaert won't stay but we will most likely end up with Groiski is that an improvement? We really need a cm with passing ability to link the play and get us on the front foot, more interested on how many of the poor ones we can shift.

Massive shake up in transfers and Hughton and his team has the say on everything going and coming.

The board will also have a dust down and Vrentzos will be quiet from afar.

Things are looking up
Do you honestly believe he won't be thinking of getting rid of Hughton if we continue to not climb the table?

The sun saying we would need to bring in money to keep knockaert for rest of the season

I would like to keep Knockaert. I think because of our lack of creativity and general poor ball retention, his main problem is he's trying too hard. Don't think we should be selling any non-surplus players in order to keep him though.

The sun saying we would need to bring in money to keep knockaert for rest of the season
IIRC the loan was a loan to buy, with the buying part in January. He cost them £10m.

So yeah, I imagine that is probably spot on. To be honest, I never thought there was much chance of him being here all season. My assumption is that he would go back unless we were riding high and we'd look to replace him with a 6 month loan for Grosiki or some PL youngster

Do you honestly believe he won't be thinking of getting rid of Hughton if we continue to not climb the table?

I think he's listening to the people telling him about the errors made. Whether Hughton remains at the helm is yet to be seen, but the structure will change and The Marquis says they are listening to Hughton, hence the exits of the new playing staff in a few days time.

He's wasted millions, that won't continue Ingy. The general feeling is one more season then sell.

Personally I think we will sell one of our main assets to fund survival

The amount of money that will be saved in July is astronomical Jock. There will have to be sales because there are every season. Fortunately, we have assets that are worth a few bob. Not all teams have that luxury.

Personally I think we will sell one of our main assets to fund survival
What's an assett?

Struggling to see any that have value.

Worrall could go, and that is one we could afford to lose given we have McKenna. I would look at someone such as Sheffield United signing him.

Lolley's value must have gone from £15m to about 15p such has been his form.

I'm struggling to see a single other player in our squad that has any value. We would be stupid to sell McKenna on when his value will likely triple with more games.

Can't see anyone else attracting more than about £3m