Jan Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Sheff Wed are one of the only clubs in the league that are worse than us and they think that Rhodes is overpaid dross, so would make absolute sense for us to sign him.
Someone like Rhodes is the last thing we need, overpaid, and simply not very good except against us of course, but that applies to many strikers who don't score many except against us

Someone like Rhodes is the last thing we need, overpaid, and simply not very good except against us of course, but that applies to many strikers who don't score many except against us

Almost every striker in this league is pure dog shit.

Except when they play against us of course.

Sheff Wed are one of the only clubs in the league that are worse than us and they think that Rhodes is overpaid dross, so would make absolute sense for us to sign him.

Had a poor time at Wednesday, but over 200 goals in 500 games is far from dross. No idea if he is fit or injury prone, but if I remember correctly he carries an aerial threat, which is something we don't have at the moment. Even Ameobi has little aerial ability, despite his height.

If Grabban stays/stays fit we should be ok, but it seems for all their abilities Taylor and Guerrero have added almost nothing to our ability to actually stick the ball in the net.

Had a poor time at Wednesday, but over 200 goals in 500 games is far from dross. No idea if he is fit or injury prone, but if I remember correctly he carries an aerial threat, which is something we don't have at the moment. Even Ameobi has little aerial ability, despite his height.

If Grabban stays/stays fit we should be ok, but it seems for all their abilities Taylor and Guerrero have added almost nothing to our ability to actually stick the ball in the net.

When was the last time he even managed double figures?

His masterbate.

Rhodes is a penalty box striker, does very little out of it of it needs a lot of decent service. How olds he now must be around 30, we need a younger more mobile striker preferably with pace.

Rhodes is a penalty box striker, does very little out of it of it needs a lot of decent service. How olds he now must be around 30, we need a younger more mobile striker preferably with pace.

We do, but we do need some aerial threat, even if it's a large striker we only use for the odd ten minutes . For years we have ended up throwing the likes of Morgan, Halford and Dawson up front as a last resort. Can't see us getting a young ,fast , mobile striker on the cheap, and even then would we use them if we still have Grabban, unless they can play as a winger too. I see Daryl Murphy is still playing !

Exactly, and why do you think Pullis, a manager desperate for goals, will not put any trust in Rhodes?

Because the lazy c * n t will not pull his weight and is a liability.

No Club in this Division, never mind one in Wednesday position, can afford to play with 10 men for large parts of the game.

Almost every striker in this league is pure dog shit.

Except when they play against us of course.

We have very little chance of signing a striker anywhere near as good as Grabban; certainly not for what we can afford.

You pay a premium for good strikers and then there are their wages on top.

We clearly need another forward to share the workload preferably in the same vein as Grabban; someone who can make a similar contribution and maybe score a few.

Jutkievicz would do me; big strong athletic, great at bring other players into the game and scores a few.

He is not the right age but that would be reflected in what he costs.

We just need someone for a couple of seasons, until the next big thing from the U23s is ready - and he will be star.

Playing for the U23's at 17 years old, he already has the attributes for the job; another year with the U23s a year out on loan and he will be ready.

Dale Taylor

We have very little chance of signing a striker anywhere near as good as Grabban; certainly not for what we can afford.

You pay a premium for good strikers and then there are their wages on top.

We clearly need another forward to share the workload preferably in the same vein as Grabban; someone who can make a similar contribution and maybe score a few.

Jutkievicz would do me; big strong athletic, great at bring other players into the game and scores a few.

He is not the right age but that would be reflected in what he costs.

We just need someone for a couple of seasons, until the next big thing from the U23s is ready - and he will be star.

Playing for the U23's at 17 years old, he already has the attributes for the job; another year with the U23s a year out on loan and he will be ready.

Dale Taylor

Sounds like a men's outfitters in Sneinton.

i dont like grabz at all, just such a wimp. But even I cant deny his goal hanging and finishing in the 6 yard box. Seems like ideal partner for Taylor who seems to have the strengths Grabz doesn't, i.e strong, threatening, competetive, wins headers.

i thought balance of the side looked good versus Wednesday, Sows performance was so mature and he, cafu, sameobi, christie worked great. was almost a 352 at times and soh showed hes good enough for that back 3.

kept the ball so wel without lolz, sell him in Jan

Watching Hull Vs Pompey.

One of these at least will potentially replace us and they represent the standard we'll need to be at next year.

Over time you forget just how shit the players are in league one, even the ones in the best teams.

"This looks like a good move.... Ah, that was shit and he lost it"

"According to Het Laaste Nieuws, Forest are among a host of clubs to have made an enquiry for Anderlecht winger Francis Amuzu, with Mainz, Koln, Olympiacos and AZ Alkmaar also said to be interested.

Amuzu, who has made 79 appearances for Anderlecht and featured 12 times this season, is a left-sided winger who is seemingly catching the eye of plenty of clubs.

The 21-year-old has made 14 appearances for Belgium’s Under-21 side, too, and is clearly a raw talent who could be an exciting addition."

Will prob end up at Oly if he's any good..

Glenn Murrays season-long loan at Watford apparently likely to end in Jan by mutual consent. Wonder if Hughton will try and get him in? He knows him pretty well from Brighton