It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS | Page 2 | Vital Football

It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS

Wish they started this earlier. Think what my Gills/Clyde August ‘71 friendly commemorative scarf would be worth now, if they’d done one and if I’d bought it. And if they’d done an even harder to find mistaken run with Clydebank on it, well…

I can't believe some of the negativity about this. I've ordered the scarf, pin badge, Sean Bean's entire film back catalogue on DVD, a new set of cutlery and when I go to the chip shop in Livingstone Circus before the game I'll ask for one side covered in curry sauce, the other in gravy with a greasy chip butty on the side. Up the Gills, Up the Blades x

😂😂😂

Wish they started this earlier. Think what my Gills/Clyde August ‘71 friendly commemorative scarf would be worth now, if they’d done one and if I’d bought it. And if they’d done an even harder to find mistaken run with Clydebank on it, well…
Lol. I was at that game too. Felt glamorous at the time, to be playing a 'foreign' side.

Edit:
Gills 4 Clyde 1
Yeo (2), Quirke, HRH Wilks

Att 3045 Impressive for a friendly, especially as we'd been so appalling the previous season, relegated and smallest ever league crowd at the time for the last home game, 1 1 v Chesterfield. I can only assume they turned out to see the new messiah and were rewarded by seeing him score.

Last edited:
I think everyone is missing the bigger picture, this merchandise isn't aimed at us Gillingham fans. It's clearly one for the utd fans, after all we are massive
Agreed. When we get Man Utd in the 4th round at Old Trafford we'll all be buying a harfnarf!

Lol. I was at that game too. Felt glamorous at the time, to be playing a 'foreign' side.

Edit:
Gills 4 Clyde 1
Yeo (2), Quirke, HRH Wilks

Att 3045 Impressive for a friendly, especially as we'd been so appalling the previous season, relegated and smallest ever league crowd at the time for the last home game, 1 1 v Chesterfield. I can only assume they turned out to see the new messiah and were rewarded by seeing him score.
Same here, and I remember thinking along those same lines. Gills hit the big time !

I'll admit I got a Gills-Villa one back in 2009 from the cup tie, mostly because our household is split between the two clubs. I'm not sure it's ever actually been worn.
I also bought the Gills/Villa scarf and I do wear mine when it's cold with only the Gills horse bit on show!!