It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS | Page 3 | Vital Football

It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS

It's good to see the club is switched on commercially.

Disappointing that the programme price for today has been hiked up to £4 though.

Got a couple of free tickets to West Ham today and they were selling half and half scarfs outside with the date on it etc. looks like it’s another idea like a programme to mark the event. I can’t understand it at all, but loads were buying them.
Though I must say it was like a tourist day out and our tickets face value ( my son was six quid if I bought it)
The atmosphere was zero apart from the bubble song and a few shouts of iron. City fans luckily were in their numbers and made plenty of noise, otherwise it was so quiet
Anyway it looks like the new way of making money is wearing a rival team round your neck. But it’s a no from me, but I’m old

Got a couple of free tickets to West Ham today and they were selling half and half scarfs outside with the date on it etc. looks like it’s another idea like a programme to mark the event. I can’t understand it at all, but loads were buying them.
Though I must say it was like a tourist day out and our tickets face value ( my son was six quid if I bought it)
The atmosphere was zero apart from the bubble song and a few shouts of iron. City fans luckily were in their numbers and made plenty of noise, otherwise it was so quiet
Anyway it looks like the new way of making money is wearing a rival team round your neck. But it’s a no from me, but I’m old
I can see why the half and half scarves are produced as day trippers who don’t go to many games may want to commemorate their big day. I have to confess that I bought a half and half for the England v Denmark Euro semi. It was purely for my son to hang up at home. I bought it at Wembley station and left it at the hotel when we checked in and didn’t wear it during the match.

West Ham must be one of the most plastic clubs out there. They are no different to the gloryhunter clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool and nick a load of fans from local Essex and Kent teams who have little or no reason to support them. It’s generally Mockney types who think they’re hard and walk like Liam Gallagher. Also, why does every West Ham fans refer to them as “the Irons” now when they alway used to be known as the hammers? And this cross arm hammer thing is cringeworthiness personified.

Ha spot on Steve, I was moaning constantly to my son at Stratford station at the amount of fans going back to Kent on the high speed. Not only by passing us but many other clubs and not all are resettled East Enders same as Arsenal fans
Ha hopefully he doesn’t want to go too often, but it’s hard to convince a 12 year old that Gills are best. Though he did comment that he prefers the Rainham end as the sang more 🤣

I can see why the half and half scarves are produced as day trippers who don’t go to many games may want to commemorate their big day. I have to confess that I bought a half and half for the England v Denmark Euro semi. It was purely for my son to hang up at home. I bought it at Wembley station and left it at the hotel when we checked in and didn’t wear it during the match.

West Ham must be one of the most plastic clubs out there. They are no different to the gloryhunter clubs like Man Utd and Liverpool and nick a load of fans from local Essex and Kent teams who have little or no reason to support them. It’s generally Mockney types who think they’re hard and walk like Liam Gallagher. Also, why does every West Ham fans refer to them as “the Irons” now when they alway used to be known as the hammers? And this cross arm hammer thing is cringeworthiness personified.
The Iron but always confuses me

I wouldn’t like to be called an Iron

The Iron but always confuses me

I wouldn’t like to be called an Iron

West Ham were originally called Thames Ironworks FC and based in Canning Town.

Their rivalry with Millwall was therefore originally geographical but the bitterness stems from 1926 when the Millwall dock workers broke the so-called General Strike.

I'd rather be called an iron than a scab.

Ha spot on Steve, I was moaning constantly to my son at Stratford station at the amount of fans going back to Kent on the high speed. Not only by passing us but many other clubs and not all are resettled East Enders same as Arsenal fans
Just out of interest, which other clubs are West Ham fans from Kent passing on the High Speed to Stratford?