It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS | Vital Football

It's only Sheffield United in the 3rd round FFS

Much mocked by most of us that have been going for decades but some of the new generation of fans will buy these. Good luck to them. We need all the cash we can get for this prolific, top striker.

I can't believe some of the negativity about this. I've ordered the scarf, pin badge, Sean Bean's entire film back catalogue on DVD, a new set of cutlery and when I go to the chip shop in Livingstone Circus before the game I'll ask for one side covered in curry sauce, the other in gravy with a greasy chip butty on the side. Up the Gills, Up the Blades x

Thing is people buy them, how many times u seen them @ games like this ? Any extra revenue is good revenue, right ?

I don't like them but we have never really ever gone down this root ......money talks, especially if u want new players in ;)

I can't believe some of the negativity about this. I've ordered the scarf, pin badge, Sean Bean's entire film back catalogue on DVD, a new set of cutlery and when I go to the chip shop in Livingstone Circus before the game I'll ask for one side covered in curry sauce, the other in gravy with a greasy chip butty on the side. Up the Gills, Up the Blades x
Top work! 😁

I’ll never forget one game home to Sheff United, probably early-to-mid 2000s. Walking up Balmoral Road from the station towards the stadium with my dad. Suddenly a Jaguar pulls up beside us and it’s Sean Bean asking for directions for parking 👍 Even though it was a Jaguar he was in the passenger seat with a few other blokes in the car with him.

I cannot stand half and half scarves.
Insane.
Are the wearers supporting both teams so as to make sure they support the winning side ffs?!!!

Aaaarrrgh!!!

Ps. Add gross consumerism and more landfill to that criticism. 😡

I bought a Spurs V Gills scarf and gave it too my brother who is largely spurs but also follows our results and will see the odd game once or twice a season.If the club gets funds from it brilliant.I think it might have done better had Egan been playing.I can't see them selling but hopefully I'm wrong.Sheffield United are a club almost certainly getting relegated.
With no likelihood of many people at all backing both sides I can't see the demand personally.

I bought a Spurs V Gills scarf and gave it too my brother who is largely spurs but also follows our results and will see the odd game once or twice a season.If the club gets funds from it brilliant.I think it might have done better had Egan been playing.I can't see them selling but hopefully I'm wrong.Sheffield United are a club almost certainly getting relegated.
With no likelihood of many people at all backing both sides I can't see the demand personally.
I'll admit I got a Gills-Villa one back in 2009 from the cup tie, mostly because our household is split between the two clubs. I'm not sure it's ever actually been worn.

I’ll never forget one game home to Sheff United, probably early-to-mid 2000s. Walking up Balmoral Road from the station towards the stadium with my dad. Suddenly a Jaguar pulls up beside us and it’s Sean Bean asking for directions for parking 👍 Even though it was a Jaguar he was in the passenger seat with a few other blokes in the car with him.
Think I’m more surprised that you actually saw a Jag being driven and not just broken down by the side of the road...

They aren’t aimed at us. And I don’t think these things are designed or purchased to be worn to games. Not more than the one game anyway. They are commemorative. Hang it up on your kids bedroom wall type of thing.

But can’t see the need v Sheff U to be honest. More worth it v Man U, Liverpool, Real Madrid when we make the euros.

But, you’d imagine they’ve done the homework on how much these things sell at other clubs. And if it brings in more income, great.