Internationals - Break | Vital Football

Internationals - Break

Just find this a strange comment from Gareth:

"I think the main reason I came to Spurs this year was to play football first and foremost.

Going into the Euros I wanted to be match-fit. The original plan was to do a season at Spurs and after the Euros still have a year left at Real Madrid."
It's probably a diplomatic way of keeping all of his options open. But if he returns to RM he'll be in exactly the same situation that he wanted to get out of.

Mind you, you can see why he's peeved at the moment. Prior to the Arsenal game he had shown real signs of a return to form and fitness and there was a buzz about the place again. Then he has one poor game against Arsenal, along with 10 others, and he's dropped for the next two matches - if not more. In similar circumstances I'd be wondering why I'd been singled out.

It's probably a diplomatic way of keeping all of his options open. But if he returns to RM he'll be in exactly the same situation that he wanted to get out of.

Mind you, you can see why he's peeved at the moment. Prior to the Arsenal game he had shown real signs of a return to form and fitness and there was a buzz about the place again. Then he has one poor game against Arsenal, along with 10 others, and he's dropped for the next two matches - if not more. In similar circumstances I'd be wondering why I'd been singled out.
Well let's hope Jose has had a word with the Wales coaches about managing Bale's minutes, just like his request re. Kane with Southgate.

England – Dier, Kane
San Marino, Poland, Albania

England U21 – Tanganga
Croatia, Portugal, Switzerland

France – Lloris, NDombele, Sissoko
Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Bosnia

Republic of Ireland – Doherty
Serbia, Luxembourg, Qatar

Ivory Coast – Aurier
Ethiopia, Niger

Belgium – Toby
Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus

Denmark – Hoj
Moldova, Israel, Austria

Wales – Bale, Rodon, Davies
Belgium Mexico, Czech Republic

Holland – Bergwijn
Turkey, Latvia, Gibraltar

England – Dier, Kane
San Marino, Poland, Albania

England U21 – Tanganga
Croatia, Portugal, Switzerland

France – Lloris, NDombele, Sissoko
Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Bosnia

Republic of Ireland – Doherty
Serbia, Luxembourg, Qatar

Ivory Coast – Aurier
Ethiopia, Niger

Belgium – Toby
Wales, Czech Republic, Belarus

Denmark – Hoj
Moldova, Israel, Austria

Wales – Bale, Rodon, Davies
Belgium Mexico, Czech Republic

Holland – Bergwijn
Turkey, Latvia, Gibraltar

lol - Sissoko in the squad of the World champions. You couldn't make it up.

Are there no games in South America our Latin contingent can get injured in . ?
That’s unusual .
:LOL:
Nice one!

Apart from Sonny out injured, I guess I can account for the following:

Moura - still running around on the pitch - not heard the final whistle.
Vinnie - With Moura, but stood on the goal line for the customary tap in.

Lamela, LoCo - sad!

Dele - Angry - seeing Sissoko chosen by his country and Lingard leap frog him after only 3 months work.

Winks - Upset - Watching Skipp making waves at Norwich.

:LOL:

LOL was about to say the same thing....why Dier?

The England centre half situation is quite interesting. We now have Stones playing superbly again for his club and it seems like Maguire has settled down. Mings and Coady are having decent seasons whilst Gomes is injured. I think Ancelotti would also talk about how good Keane has been and that Godfrey is close to promotion from the U21's. So along with Dier, there are probably about 7 or 8 guys vying for 4 or 5 places in the Euro's squad.

Most England fans don't like Southgate's 3 at the back either.

Perhaps a Manchester back four of Walker, Stones, Maguire and Shaw is quite realistic.

Skipp got the top rating (7) from Sky, though the team performance was apparently turgid.

Embarrassing watching Sterling, the usual wasteful, against the pub team.

Am going to say it, I cannot stand Sterling, there I said it, last night was the final straw for me, get him out of the England team cos he is wasting a good space for another.
Before anyone starts/points out that I detest, find em boring, International games, I do force myself, as painful as it is, to watch England.

Am going to say it, I cannot stand Sterling, there I said it, last night was the final straw for me, get him out of the England team cos he is wasting a good space for another.
Before anyone starts/points out that I detest, find em boring, International games, I do force myself, as painful as it is, to watch England.

I have nothing against him as a person (don't know him!) but he's a 1 in 4 game, 1 in 4 chances kinda striker. It's frustrating seeing him miss all those chances. Not a world class striker imo. Another Mr me me. Didn't realise how small he is until saw him stood alongside the other strikers!

That Bellingham guy out did him though with his misses. I think it was his debut, so can be forgiven.