Internationals - Break | Page 4 | Vital Football

Internationals - Break

He should, Phillips is bang average and then we can get a really good hard working creative in like Madison, and or depending how we set up, with Sancho.

The other player that cannot be the first choice is Chilwell; the number of times she should have used the wing and gone past their last man and didn't drove me nuts - he loves stopping and passing back, awful play.

Agreed, Chilwell is over-rated. I prefer Shaw. Not sure we have a great LB and notice that even the 21's are using Lloyd Kelly there.

We seem to have a glut of RB's but I would still select Walker over any of them until they step up.

Kano was peerless again, his little passes and flicks were quality. Walker was again great and I love Foden. Sterling was useless and his passing was in the "hospital ball" category. Chilvers is poor. I thought the West Ham lad was immense. Not enough from the Leeds lad again.
I agree with your assessment, but not so for Walker. Not sure what role he was assigned to play, but as a wing back, I thought he offered Zilch. As a defender (only) yeah, did the job.

On the whole, you couldn't really assess the back line as they had little to do but make 1000 passes amongst each other, only for Stone to put a spanner in the works!

Only thing i learnt from last nights game is that against decent opposition, it isnt just Spurs who struggle to get the ball to Kane in good positions. His movement, lauded by many is an absolute disgrace. Its lauded because he ends up going everywhere to get on the ball in positions he is capable of getting it without needing to move quickly, completely vacating the space his team needs him to occupy players. He is so static that the ball has to be played to him in world class precision (Foden) for him to make anything of it. Otherwise its just Kane using his strength to make an opening which works but makes you completely predictable. JM spotted it and has adjusted the team to fit. If i was in charge of England i would be looking at wether the sum of the other players is worth more than a focal point of Kane.....

How many times did Stirling, Chilwell, Mount get the ball in crossing positions and want Kane to make their mind up for them by already being in front of his defender and attacking? Instead Kane would be loitering, in the box but fully marked. Honestly, it isnt his ability to score, its his inability to move which effects the entire team. If we are to play a mobile, attacking, fluid midfield then Kane is not the striker to link it all together. I just kept picturing Calvert Lewin getting across his man, bullying him out of the way and actually making something of those oppertunities.

Says a lot when they declared Kane is the highest ever penalty scorer for England.
Kano was in the box on the last man several times early on, none of our lot tried to pick him out so he moved outside the box. The crosses that did go in first half were eaten up by their centre halves so to get behind them was always the best strategy. Before the 1996 Euros Shearer was on a goal drought but no one said he should be dropped, rather they said that we needed to find a system or players that could feed him. We did and he got goals in those finals.

I agree with your assessment, but not so for Walker. Not sure what role he was assigned to play, but as a wing back, I thought he offered Zilch. As a defender (only) yeah, did the job.

On the whole, you couldn't really assess the back line as they had little to do but make 1000 passes amongst each other, only for Stone to put a spanner in the works!
Yea critical, I meant as a defender. His pace and strength are so reassuring. He did sprint through their ranks a couple of times with the ball but as there is no end product I prefer to see him saving us with his express pace and good tackling when we foul up.