Injuries 2023/24 | Page 16 | Vital Football

Injuries 2023/24

All this feeling sorry for the guy, He should say Thank You and walk away! But NO he will want to be renumerated for the remaining of his contract!

Last edited:
Personally, I would like to see a rule change over the Sess scenario. He was born on May 2000 so the maths should be easy.

16/17 season - 17 starts, 9 sub (1622 mins)
17/18 season - 48 starts, 1 sub (4297 mins)
18/19 season - 26 starts, 9 sub (2298 mins)

Fulham were absolutely reckless with the kid letting him wrack up 100 games across the PL and Championship before his 20th b'day.

I mean, what were they thinking?

Everything since has been a consequence of that crazy schedule whilst his body was developing. The best thing that could have happened to Ryan is Spurs buying him 2 or even 3 years earlier. THFC would have let him go through a more natural process of development.

Fulham fans always moan about losing the likes of Sess, Elliott, Carvalho etc. They could have easily done to the latter two what they did to Sess.

Personally, I would like to see a rule change over the Sess scenario. He was born on May 2000 so the maths should be easy.

16/17 season - 17 starts, 9 sub (1622 mins)
17/18 season - 48 starts, 1 sub (4297 mins)
18/19 season - 26 starts, 9 sub (2298 mins)

Fulham were absolutely reckless with the kid letting him wrack up 100 games across the PL and Championship before his 20th b'day.

I mean, what were they thinking?

Everything since has been a consequence of that crazy schedule whilst his body was developing. The best thing that could have happened to Ryan is Spurs buying him 2 or even 3 years earlier. THFC would have let him go through a more natural process of development.

Fulham fans always moan about losing the likes of Sess, Elliott, Carvalho etc. They could have easily done to the latter two what they did to Sess.
Wiv you 100% there Mutters, Fulham wrecked the young man before he was 20 years old, jeez by that time his body hadn't fully developed simple as that.

As you say it was bloody reckless, now the kid is paying for it.

All this feeling sorry for the guy, He should say Thank You and walk away! But NO he will want to be renumerated for the remaining of his contract!
He's a human being with hopes and dreams (more that I can say for most), not a toy for fickle fans to jeer at.

Imagine working so hard to get to the point where your life and career means so much, but then it's ripped away by a faltering body? None of us would understand.

Wiv you 100% there Mutters, Fulham wrecked the young man before he was 20 years old, jeez by that time his body hadn't fully developed simple as that.

As you say it was bloody reckless, now the kid is paying for it.
but our medical staff should have seen this coming and done the same sums (should never have signed him in my book) ... least he doesnt have to endure these amount of minutes in A&E like we all have to do

but our medical staff should have seen this coming and done the same sums (should never have signed him in my book) ... least he doesnt have to endure these amount of minutes in A&E like we all have to do

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's his PL career pretty much finished, very sad day really, he did at one point show real promise.

Sessegnon said on Instagram: “Gutted beyond belief. Just when I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, and thought I was back doing what I love, I’ve had another setback.

“I’ve been down this road before. I’ll pick myself up, stay headstrong and begin my recovery in the best way possible. Having been through an operation and the recovery on my other hamstring last year, and knowing how strong that hamstring is now, I know this is the best solution to put an end to the reoccurring issues.

“Thank you to those who have sent messages of support — I can’t express how it feels. We’re all human at the end of the day, and I’m devastated more than anyone to have a setback. I’ll do everything I can to be back out on that pitch.

“Speaking on behalf of anyone who’s been in this situation, please be careful what you say online. Words hurt and no one chooses to be in this position.”

Last edited:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's his PL career pretty much finished, very sad day really, he did at one point show real promise.

Sessegnon said on Instagram: “Gutted beyond belief. Just when I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, and thought I was back doing what I love, I’ve had another setback.

“I’ve been down this road before. I’ll pick myself up, stay headstrong and begin my recovery in the best way possible. Having been through an operation and the recovery on my other hamstring last year, and knowing how strong that hamstring is now, I know this is the best solution to put an end to the reoccurring issues.

“Thank you to those who have sent messages of support — I can’t express how it feels. We’re all human at the end of the day, and I’m devastated more than anyone to have a setback. I’ll do everything I can to be back out on that pitch.

“Speaking on behalf of anyone who’s been in this situation, please be careful what you say online. Words hurt and no one chooses to be in this position.”

That is a very touching message from Ryan, especially the last couple of paragraphs.

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
Feb 26: 'Ryan has undergone surgery to his right hamstring following an injury during a U21s match. The 23-year-old will be closely monitored by Spurs' medical team to determine when he can return to training.'
Potential Return
03/06/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Fraser ForsterReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Feb 16: 'The big one is Fraser Forster. He picked up a knock in training - a fracture in his foot - he's longer-term, a couple of months. Yeah, disappointing.'
Potential Return
27/04/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Pedro Porro SaucedaReason
Other
Further Detail
Feb 16: 'Pedro picked up a sort of strain in training. And it's fair to say he'll miss tomorrow, maybe a couple of weeks for him.'
Potential Return
10/03/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Manor SolomonReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Feb 09: 'Manor has had to have a further procedure on his knee.'
Potential Return
10/03/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Destiny UdogieReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
Feb 16: 'Destiny, in last week's game, obviously jarred his knee. Don't think it's anything too serious, but he'll miss tomorrow. Hopefully, with no game next week, that's all he'll miss...'
Potential Return
02/03/2024
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

No, no, he's a machine! How dare he suggest that he has emotions and feelings!!

Don't you know that he's robbing the Spurs fans of their hard earned money while he's sat on his arse all day?

No, no, he's a machine! How dare he suggest that he has emotions and feelings!!

Don't you know that he's robbing the Spurs fans of their hard earned money while he's sat on his arse all day?
Sadly, often some fans can't think beyond the players' pay cheque, and express the view the bigger it is, it's more outrageous it is that he should dare be injured and not play - under those circumstances they should stop 'stealing' a living and hand it all over to the fans who pay (metaphorically) at the gate!

He's a good lad & has remained committed & thoroughly professional throughout. If it isn't to be it'll be truly heartbreaking for him. The kid deserves so much more. He has the skill, it's his body that's the issue at play here.