Injuries 2023/24 | Vital Football

Injuries 2023/24

Wouldn’t it be nice if this thread was kept to a minimum this coming season .
Doesn't seem likely with the high energy game Ange likes to play. :rolleyes:

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 11: 'Ryan has undergone surgery to his left hamstring following an injury sustained in pre-season training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Bryan GilReason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Aug 02: 'Bryan has undergone surgery to resolve an issue in his groin. He will be closely monitored by our medical team to determine when he can return to training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
June 23: 'We continue working, and my knee is doing very well. I didn't set a lap time, but I hope in two or three months to be at least gaining a few mins again.'
Potential Return
16/09/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Fraser ForsterReason
Lower Back Injury
Further Detail
Back Injury
Potential Return
26/08/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
25%
TRACK
Tanguy NdombeleReason
Other
Further Detail
Jul 25: 'Tanguy was the other one who's been a slow burner, but now he's back training, so he's available as well.'
Potential Return
19/08/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
25%
TRACK
Cristian RomeroReason
Head/Face Injury
Further Detail
Aug 18: 'In terms of Cristian, he's good to go. He's been in the hands of the medical team, going through all the protocols. It's a clearly defined process we need to go through, and he's ticked all the boxes.'
Potential Return
19/08/2023
Condition
None
Status
100%
TRACK
Alfie Malik WhitemanReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Aug 03: 'Alfie has undergone surgery following an injury sustained to his ankle whilst on pre-season tour. He will now begin his rehab with our medical team, and a date for his to return to training will be determined in due course.'
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

Tottenham Hotspur
TRACK
Rodrigo BentancurReason
Knee Injury
Further Detail
June 23: 'We continue working, and my knee is doing very well. I didn't set a lap time, but I hope in two or three months to be at least gaining a few mins again.'
Potential Return
23/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Ryan SessegnonReason
Thigh Injury
Further Detail
July 11: 'Ryan has undergone surgery to his left hamstring following an injury sustained in pre-season training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
Bryan GilReason
Groin/Hip/Pelvic Injury
Further Detail
Aug 02: 'Bryan has undergone surgery to resolve an issue in his groin. He will be closely monitored by our medical team to determine when he can return to training.'
Potential Return
21/10/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK
James MaddisonReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Ankle Injury
Potential Return
26/08/2023
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
50%
TRACK
Alfie Malik WhitemanReason
Ankle/Foot Injury
Further Detail
Aug 03: 'Alfie has undergone surgery following an injury sustained to his ankle whilst on pre-season tour. He will now begin his rehab with our medical team, and a date for his to return to training will be determined in due course.'
Potential Return
No Return Date
Condition
Currently Being Assessed
Status
Ruled Out
TRACK

I wonder why Bentancur's potential return date has been pushed back by a month compared to last weeks report?

Why? The guy has talent, he made it this far. It's not like he intentionally injures himself. This pisses me off when we take shots at a decent kid.
He is crap. Watched him too scared to take on full backs and poor crosser. We have way too many of those already

He is crap. Watched him too scared to take on full backs and poor crosser. We have way too many of those already
He has never demonstrated an ability to be anything other than a decent championship level player, even when fit.

That's your assessment. Passing judgment on a kid who has never had the chance to develop his skills fully due to recurring injuries? It is not his fault we acquired him or offered him the contract we did. He had the talent to get here.

Having players on the payroll that don't cut it is part of being a PL team.

That's your assessment. Passing judgment on a kid who has never had the chance to develop his skills fully due to recurring injuries? It is not his fault we acquired him or offered him the contract we did. He had the talent to get here.

Having players on the payroll that don't cut it is part of being a PL team.

May have been avoided if we had bought him when we should i.e. 2 years before we did. We would have then been in control of his playing time.

LOL - he wouldn't have been overplayed with our recent managers. He'd have been lucky to pick up a soft tissue injury.