India v England | Page 2 | Vital Football

India v England

I was coached buy Derek Underwood , at a kent Cricket School . Suppose i'll always be a bit biased toward him , but he does have the best average for a spinner to date apparently . Mind you it was a totally different game the , to compare players now , with the earlier eras is a bit daft . just saying lol

Yes, no "drying wicket" for deadly Derek to bowl on for his 7 for 17. Once the batsmen didn't have to worry about the ball turning square, the heavy bat came into the game, and the game changed forever.

Yes, no "drying wicket" for deadly Derek to bowl on for his 7 for 17. Once the batsmen didn't have to worry about the ball turning square, the heavy bat came into the game, and the game changed forever.

Until DRS, Swanny reckons he got dozens of wickets because of it...

The little arrow denoting which batsman is facing seems more noticeable today. Graphics department must have had feedback

They only had about 4 days prep for this Channel 4, so more functionality for the second test I expect.

Got to feel a little bit sorry for Washington Sundrav first Buttler knicks it caught behind and it isn’t given out and as India have burnt there reviews, they can’t call on DRS then Bess chips a dolly to Rohit Sharma and some how he manages to drop it.

If I was him, I wouldn’t waste £2 on a lottery ticket tonight.

Seem a bit cautious towards the end, as in playing out maidens towards the end of our innings and declaration (or lack of)

Seemed that way to me too, just occupying the crease but not scoring seemingly to use up time. We often delay declarations too long......I guess we’ll see tomorrow, be gutting if we have them 8 down at stumps. Equally if they get set and go for it we’ll be pleased if they fall 30 runs short

According to Alastair Cook on Channel Four the idea was something to do with wanting to have only a dozen or so overs against India tonight then resume again in the morning 'when the ball would still be hard' (or some such - all a bit too technical for me to grasp). He indicated a declaration would have been coming at about the time the innings ended anyway.

Seems like Root knew exactly what he was doing, knocked them over with a comfortable amount to spare. Excellent performance, won pretty much every session didn't we? Not often that happens in India...

Great result, great start to the series and delighted my declaration worries were unfounded. Well played England

Typical! Switched on for some nail-biting morning cricket and they're shaking hands.

That's a very, very good performance by England. But India won in Oz last month from 1-0 down so England will have to keep at their best. And compared with the usual nonsense from the Aussies, it's great to see that competitiveness between the 2 sides doesn't exclude respect and sportsmanship, Root and Kholi take a bow for setting the tone.

Typical! Switched on for some nail-biting morning cricket and they're shaking hands.

That's a very, very good performance by England. But India won in Oz last month from 1-0 down so England will have to keep at their best. And compared with the usual nonsense from the Aussies, it's great to see that competitiveness between the 2 sides doesn't exclude respect and sportsmanship, Root and Kholi take a bow for setting the tone.

No doubt it would have been much tougher had we lost the toss, but we played excellently to put them to the sword without question. You are right about the spirit the game was played in as well, I wonder if having so many players from England in the IPL has helped that?

What a first over that was from Anderson, one of the most exciting I can recall in test cricket.

The toss was extremely important as it will be in the next three tests. Having said that you still have to do the business if you win it, which England did superbly.