India v England | Vital Football

India v England

Chesterimp

Vital Football Hero
Switch on Channel 4 this morning for a bit of breakfast junk TV and there's a bunch of blokes in white on a big field, lobbing a red ball about or hitting it with sticks.

Claims to be "Test Cricket" with India v England.

Great to see it back in terrestrial tv and England going ok, 140-2 at tea first day.

There's a tiny arrow in the white bar to the left of the batsman's name, I think that indicates the facing batsmen?
On our tv I need to be about 1' from the screen to see it! Channel 4 need to work on that one.

Root 100 in 100th test, class.

Switch on Channel 4 this morning for a bit of breakfast junk TV and there's a bunch of blokes in white on a big field, lobbing a red ball about or hitting it with sticks.

Claims to be "Test Cricket" with India v England.

Great to see it back in terrestrial tv and England going ok, 140-2 at tea first day.
It was quite amusing last week. I got a big fanfare email from Now TV announcing I could watch the game with them......followed by a grovelling apology email the following day explaining they didn't actually have the rights but I could watch Pakistan instead :ROFLMAO:

Pity about Sibley getting out at the end. I thought he blunted the attack superbly with out virtually giving a chance.

India at the moment just look a three bowler attack. Though in the third innings when the pitch is turning I suspect the other two spinners might look and perform better. I was surprised they didn’t play Kuldeep Yadav.

Brilliant again from Root.

Pity about Sibley getting out at the end. I thought he blunted the attack superbly with out virtually giving a chance.

India at the moment just look a three bowler attack. Though in the third innings when the pitch is turning I suspect the other two spinners might look and perform better. I was surprised they didn’t play Kuldeep Yadav.

Brilliant again from Root.

Yes, an excellent toss to win, I'm not sure I would fancy England spinning India out if they were batting 3rd instead of 4th, I remain unconvinced by the current spinners

At what point have you ever been convinced by English spinners? 😉

English spinners have flattered to deceive over the past years . Best one on averages was Derek Underwood . great bowler . Fred Titmus , Tony Lock were others i had high opinions of .

English spinners have flattered to deceive over the past years . Best one on averages was Derek Underwood . great bowler . Fred Titmus , Tony Lock were others i had high opinions of .

Swann was excellent, according to Alastair Cooke he pretty much guaranteed he could tie down an end or get a breakthrough when he was captaining in India and won

I was coached buy Derek Underwood , at a kent Cricket School . Suppose i'll always be a bit biased toward him , but he does have the best average for a spinner to date apparently . Mind you it was a totally different game the , to compare players now , with the earlier eras is a bit daft . just saying lol