India v England | Page 3 | Vital Football

India v England

They were talking about a crowd of around 15k before the match. The third umpire has already had a match to forget, luckily it hasn’t cost England many runs.

Batting last on this wicket isn’t going to be much fun. The pitch was breaking up upon delivery as early as the ninth over.

I gave the benefit of the doubt for the stumping that wasn't given but that catch! Come on, everyone knew what England were appealing for. Very dubious; I'm sure somebody will put my mind at rest and reassure me that there was at least one independent person involved in running the VAR on that decision.

I can see England getting skittled for a 150 and a sub 100 on that pitch. There's lumps coming out of it from the spinners before tea on day 1. Good luck England. If they win this it will be an amazing victory.

Avoided the follow-on, but once Pope had gone no-one could stay with Foakes. Brilliant bowling in the conditions, especially from Ashwin.

Very difficult to avoid defeat now. Good that Channel 4 are showing it live.

English spinners have flattered to deceive over the past years . Best one on averages was Derek Underwood . great bowler . Fred Titmus , Tony Lock were others i had high opinions of .

Derek Underwood was helped by uncovered pitches. Deadly Derek was unplayable on drying pitches because he pushed it through at about medium pace. Think he'd struggle on covered pitches nowadays.

I thought the umpires had an excellent first test.

But today Rohit Sharma should of been out LBW as he clearly wasn’t playing a shot

Which makes three dismissals in the game that England should of had that have not been given by the umpire and third umpire.

Ironically the first two only cost a handful of runs and today’s error doesn’t make any difference to the result of the match as realistically it is a good as won for India.

India are a very good side but that was a pretty pathetic capitulation. I wonder if they are ‘targeting’ certain Tests, and think they are more likely to get a result in the day/nighter?

3rd Test at Ahmedabad is a day-nighter and has just begun (Channel 4). We won the toss and opted to bat - but I have a feeling it will be tough and we might get rolled for 150 again.