Imps in Exile | Page 6 | Vital Football

Imps in Exile

My favourite aviation memory at Sincil Bank just has to be the afternoon when the Lancaster did a fly past at low level during the Yeovil game, I think it was, a couple of years back. If I remember rightly, we were one nil down at the time when we needed to get at least a point out of the game. The crowd had been a bit muted before hand, but the sight of the Lancaster really ramped up the noise and the atmosphere and we equalised not long afterwards. Please feel free to correct me if I've got the game and the score wrong.
I think that was MK Dons...

They scored, the lanc flew over, the crowd erupted and really got behind the team. And we won...

My favourite aviation memory at Sincil Bank just has to be the afternoon when the Lancaster did a fly past at low level during the Yeovil game, I think it was, a couple of years back. If I remember rightly, we were one nil down at the time when we needed to get at least a point out of the game. The crowd had been a bit muted before hand, but the sight of the Lancaster really ramped up the noise and the atmosphere and we equalised not long afterwards. Please feel free to correct me if I've got the game and the score wrong.

This a picture of it, the Co-op stand erupted the Selenity stand wondering what had happened

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2019/may/190522-selenity/

Welcome aboard. So what do you think of the Fire going back to Soldier Field? I guess Toyota Park was a nice ground in the wrong place as Bridge view is miles from the City centre. Although having driven round Chicago it's hugely spread out like most US cities.
I'd rather them build a MLS-dubbed "soccer specific stadium". It would draw more fans than roping off half of Soldier field. It just feels empty in there sometimes.

Although I live away from Lincoln, I never try to use the word exile if possible I always think I've just gone for a long walk, maybe one day I'll be back just don't want to lose that connection. Not sure where the next chapter of my life is going right now but looking forward to the journey (with trepidation).

I remember going up to Waddo with the school. We stood by the side of the runway as four Vulcans scrambled. Not only did you hear them, you felt them. So did your teeth... Awesome - in the proper sense of the word.

Living on Scorer Dr for many years, we became accustomed to the particular time of Vulcans in flight.

One of my pupils is an aircraft fanatic - he was over the moon when I played him a video of a Vulcan taking off and doing a fly past.
We got our plane-mad son a video of the last Vulcan, including a nicely edited sequence of it setting off loads of car alarms at take-off at Waddo Air Display.

Robeys also built a few aircraft in Lincoln during WW1, as did Handley Page.

ah Handley Page , builders of the Halifax heavy Bomber . My late father was a Navigator in the Halifax during WW2 , 587 squadron based in Yorkshire . Although the Lancaster was more famous , he preferred the Halifax . i suppose it was what he was used to, flying missions in them . Still go his flight book . All the Bombing raids are in red .Interesting reading

We got our plane-mad son a video of the last Vulcan, including a nicely edited sequence of it setting off loads of car alarms at take-off at Waddo Air Display.

Used to watch them heading off in pairs over the North Sea. Our next door neighbour was a co-pilot in one and at the time there were lots of 'encounters' with Russian planes flying along the edge of British airspace, down from the arctic, that much of the UK population knew nothing about.