Imps in Exile | Page 21 | Vital Football

Imps in Exile

Ex para, apparently broke his back in a parachute accident but managed to fully recover. Absolute psychopath, not a man to upset or get wrong side off. Once through a desk across the room in the general direction of a lad who had upset him. But in the late sixties he could get away with that.
But us pupils weren't much better. We had a young physics teacher called Godbolt. Nice man but very weak, never should have been in charge of about 30 14 year old lads. We used to have acid spray bottles on our desks for experiments . Every time he walked passed anyone they sprayed the back of his jacket without him knowing. At the end of the lesson his jacket disintegrated down the back.
I cringe now at the thought of what evil little bastards we were.

Indeed, I remember Mrs Fowles collecting some French text books, and reading out "Miss Gill is on the pill, I should know I fcvked her" that someone had scrawled on an inside cover. Philip Andrews (a newbie kid from Canada) who sat next to me, laughed out loud. She came over in fury and in a red pen but a line through all his mornings work and wrote 1% in the top corner.

Mr Goddard (nicknamed Goosey) who loved cricket and was a decent spin bowler to be fair, was literally chased down the Cloisters by some St Giles lads from the 'R' band (R for Remedial) on the last day of term. His face had genuine fear on it, as he headed for the sanctuary of the Staff Room - an image I'll never forget. :oops::eek:

Indeed, I remember Mrs Fowles collecting some French text books, and reading out "Miss Gill is on the pill, I should know I fcvked her" that someone had scrawled on an inside cover. Philip Andrews (a newbie kid from Canada) who sat next to me, laughed out loud. She came over in fury and in a red pen but a line through all his mornings work and wrote 1% in the top corner.

Mr Goddard (nicknamed Goosey) who loved cricket and was a decent spin bowler to be fair, was literally chased down the Cloisters by some St Giles lads from the 'R' band (R for Remedial) on the last day of term. His face had genuine fear on it, as he headed for the sanctuary of the Staff Room - an image I'll never forget. :oops::eek:
Unfortunately I left Lincoln School either a year or two before it almagated with Gillies and Mile Cross. So missed out on the healthy intake of teenage girls. But have 'fond' memories of the gillies lads. I lived on the Ermine had had to walk home through St Giles on my way home. Didn't walk many times mostly ran being chased by the gillies lads. They weren't fond of Grammar School lads or anyone from the Ermine so it was a double whammy for me. But kept me fit!

If there is a 12 in the day there are Imps on tour somewhere in the World! I met folk from Worksop and Nottingham, however, we represented the Imps well by drinking our own bodyweight in beer!

Imps on tour 2 Resize.jpeg