I hate what the world is becoming | Page 77 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

I am convinced social media and our connected world is driving up mental health problems. This isnt exactly what I was thinking of but IMO its a matter of time before they find a link between outrageous conspiracy theorists, the internet and mental health issues.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tiktok-tourettes

The physicians cautioned “there is some concern that social media and websites such as TikTok that promote the sharing of videos of influencers with symptoms may have a part to play." Others researching Tourette’s and tics responded, saying we could be seeing a 21st century equivalent of the Middle Ages’ “dancing mania”, when people began suffering from attacks of spontaneous dancing which has little cause. (None of the authors of either BMJ paper responded to requests for comment.)

This is still just a theory – and it’s unclear what the mechanism for such a phenomenon might be, or how it would fit into our limited understanding of the causes of Tourette’s syndrome.

Suggestibility could be one root cause, says Uttom Chowdhury, who works in an NHS community clinic focused on tics and Tourette’s in Bedfordshire. His clinic has seen an increase in the number of referrals for teenage girls – unusual given Tourette’s usually affects boys, and usually presents at an early age of five or six, rather than 14 or 15. “These girls who are presenting did not have a family history [of tics], so there’s something different about this cohort,” he says. (Around 50 per cent of those with Tourette’s are likely to pass it on to their children, according to one analysis.)

I am convinced social media and our connected world is driving up mental health problems. This isnt exactly what I was thinking of but IMO its a matter of time before they find a link between outrageous conspiracy theorists, the internet and mental health issues.

Yes, absolutely agree.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/tiktok-tourettes

The physicians cautioned “there is some concern that social media and websites such as TikTok that promote the sharing of videos of influencers with symptoms may have a part to play." Others researching Tourette’s and tics responded, saying we could be seeing a 21st century equivalent of the Middle Ages’ “dancing mania”, when people began suffering from attacks of spontaneous dancing which has little cause. (None of the authors of either BMJ paper responded to requests for comment.)

This is still just a theory – and it’s unclear what the mechanism for such a phenomenon might be, or how it would fit into our limited understanding of the causes of Tourette’s syndrome.

Suggestibility could be one root cause, says Uttom Chowdhury, who works in an NHS community clinic focused on tics and Tourette’s in Bedfordshire. His clinic has seen an increase in the number of referrals for teenage girls – unusual given Tourette’s usually affects boys, and usually presents at an early age of five or six, rather than 14 or 15. “These girls who are presenting did not have a family history [of tics], so there’s something different about this cohort,” he says. (Around 50 per cent of those with Tourette’s are likely to pass it on to their children, according to one analysis.)
We retain the same brain our ancestors from 10'000 years ago were muddling through with, hanging around in groups of no more than a hundred or so individuals who were your world. Now our brains are trying to contend with being visible to and seeking approval from thousands and thousands of strangers and leaving an indelible trace of everything we've ever said. No wonder our brains are melting.

We retain the same brain our ancestors from 10'000 years ago were muddling through with, hanging around in groups of no more than a hundred or so individuals who were your world. Now our brains are trying to contend with being visible to and seeking approval from thousands and thousands of strangers and leaving an indelible trace of everything we've ever said. No wonder our brains are melting.

I don't know whether to like that post or not!!!

I see "The Tiger Who Came to Tea" is a sexist text aimed at turning 6 year old lads into raging misogynists. I'd better burn any copies of the William books lurking on the back of my bookshelf.

I see "The Tiger Who Came to Tea" is a sexist text aimed at turning 6 year old lads into raging misogynists. I'd better burn any copies of the William books lurking on the back of my bookshelf.
I don't think we need to worry about the barking opinion of one Scottish charity worker amplified a million times by the national media desperate to fill its pages in the summertime.

An interesting take on the story, for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's about a tiger who, thanks to the complete suspension of disbelief, turned up and ate a hard-working family out of house and home.

But, all's well that ends well, the family went out for dinner instead. So everyone's a winner.

An interesting take on the story, for sure.

I'm pretty sure it's about a tiger who, thanks to the complete suspension of disbelief, turned up and ate a hard-working family out of house and home.

But, all's well that ends well, the family went out for dinner instead. So everyone's a winner.
That's just what The Man wants you to think though but look deeper...

Tigers are obligate carnivores, so any vegetarian food in the house would have been left alone, leaving the family to eat until their heart's content.

Tigers are also native to the Indian subcontinent, but with most Buddhists and Hindus being vegetarian the Tiger can therefore only represent Indian Muslims.

So we see that, worse than being misogynistic, The Tiger That Came For Tea is actually pro-BJP/Hindu nationalist propaganda inciting fear and hatred about the threat to India from the Muslim threat within the country and warning against compromising or trying to live with them in harmony, or "having them round for tea" if you will.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

Tigers are obligate carnivores, so any vegetarian food in the house would have been left alone, leaving the family to eat until their heart's content.

Tigers are also native to the Indian subcontinent, but with most Buddhists and Hindus being vegetarian the Tiger can therefore only represent Indian Muslims.

So we see that, worse than being misogynistic, The Tiger That Came For Tea is actually pro-BJP/Hindu nationalist propaganda inciting fear and hatred about the threat to India from the Muslim threat within the country and warning against compromising or trying to live with them in harmony, or "having them round for tea" if you will.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
:clap:

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.
If you keep this up the Guardian will be headhunting you.

I'm sure the punishment would have been the same if he were a young Muslim man... :shake:

A young Nazi sympathiser who downloaded bomb-making instructions has been sentenced to read classic novels including 'Pride and Prejudice' instead.

Judge Timothy Spencer QC told 21-year-old Ben John, he could stay out of prison as long as he steered clear of white-supremacy literature and read books and plays by Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Thomas Hardy and Charles Dickens.

The former De Montfort University student will have to return to court every four months to be tested on his reading by the judge after avoiding jail "by the skin of his teeth".

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2021-09-01/white-supremacist-sentenced-to-read-literary-classics

I'm sure the punishment would have been the same if he were a young Muslim man... :shake:

A young Nazi sympathiser who downloaded bomb-making instructions has been sentenced to read classic novels including 'Pride and Prejudice' instead.

Judge Timothy Spencer QC told 21-year-old Ben John, he could stay out of prison as long as he steered clear of white-supremacy literature and read books and plays by Jane Austen, William Shakespeare, Thomas Hardy and Charles Dickens.

The former De Montfort University student will have to return to court every four months to be tested on his reading by the judge after avoiding jail "by the skin of his teeth".

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2021-09-01/white-supremacist-sentenced-to-read-literary-classics
Let's hope this decision doesn't blow up in the judge's face.

Let's hope this decision doesn't blow up in the judge's face.

A sort of similar story is hitting closer to home, the woman is attending a doctorate at Stanford. She is black, and there is wonderful little **** running for student president who is white and using the n-word along with lovely little policies such as bringing back the 3/5ths law in the school and other great jim crow era stuff.

The school has naturally decided to do the sum total of fucking nothing about it until yesterday. They finally banned him from campus but still havent expelled him.

He also shared a tweet saying "A woman always gets what is coming to her". Referencing a student who was expelled for sexual assault. I mean how can they not expel this ****? So I have to worry if she needs to go up to campus.

https://paloaltoonline.com/news/202...m-campus-for-racist-sexist-social-media-posts

A Change.org petition calling on Stanford to expel Vinci, which has received over 3,700 signatures, links to screenshots of posts that include racist caricatures; an image edited to make it look like a Black student has been beheaded; a picture of a guillotine next to a photo of a Stanford professor whose face and neck are marked with red; and a pie chart of the racial and ethnic composition of Stanford’s student body, with the Black population circled and the caption, "It’s time the majority started running things, don’t you think?"

A review has already been requested.