I hate what the world is becoming | Page 76 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Yes. Not sure what the answer is with Afghanistan.
Doesn't look good does it.
One of those dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

What’s going on in Plymouth?

I’ve read one news report about a 2 year old in the good old US of A who has shot his dad thinking it was a toy gun - what the fuck were the parents doing leaving a loaded gun out. And now, there’s shooting in Plymouth (Devon U.K.)

Last edited:
I wonder if he meant holding power, or foreign peoples holding power. Maybe you have to be absolutely brutal and authoritarian to rule? The Taliban seem to be that.

I believe that the Taliban is an ethnic Pashtun group. The Pashtuns make up about 50% of the population of Afghanistan. I would guess that most members of the Taliban are members because of their ethnicity rather than their religious beliefs.

Heartbreaking watching the news watching normal Afghanis trying to flee as the Taliban take Kabul. People trying to cling onto aircraft, even though the plane has taken off, they are shitting themselves because of the Taliban taking things back to their equilalent of medieval times.

Question is, who re-armed this fucking Taliban scum? It's a similar end to the Vietnam war..... beat the retreat, let's go, fuck 'em!

The leaders of Afghanistan are corruptly weak, no backbone either, so it's left to the ordinary Afghan to suffer at the Taliban's hands. Disgusting!

Heartbreaking watching the news watching normal Afghanis trying to flee as the Taliban take Kabul. People trying to cling onto aircraft, even though the plane has taken off, they are shitting themselves because of the Taliban taking things back to their equilalent of medieval times.

Question is, who re-armed this fucking Taliban scum? It's a similar end to the Vietnam war..... beat the retreat, let's go, fuck 'em!

The leaders of Afghanistan are corruptly weak, no backbone either, so it's left to the ordinary Afghan to suffer at the Taliban's hands. Disgusting!
Well the Yanks spent a good decade arming and training them when they were occupied by the Soviets.

totally heartbreaking. And a complete insult to the soldiers who died there and their families .

I'm seeing increasing numbers of post on social media from Afghans appealing for help, claiming they have been abandoned by the west etc.

I'm convinced these are pro-war ads from American think tanks.

Afghanistan is not being invaded by the Taliban. The Taliban are Afghans. As barbaric as we perceive them to be, that's what most Afghans think is normal.

I'm seeing increasing numbers of post on social media from Afghans appealing for help, claiming they have been abandoned by the west etc.

Afghanistan is not being invaded by the Taliban. The Taliban are Afghans. As barbaric as we perceive them to be, that's what most Afghans think is normal.
Maybe there's an overrepresentation of the 'bourgeois' class in that country on social media, people who are more Americanised and do not necessarily want a society governed by a stone age religion. This may not represent what most Afghans actually want.

Ohhhhh hahahaha, this is so hilarious. 'Anti-racists' being racists then trying to retroactively redefine racism.

Aysha Khanom is a racist and deserved to be fired.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/17/acad...after-being-sacked-for-racist-tweet-15104104/

Academic sues university for discrimination after being sacked for ‘racist’ tweet

An academic claims she was wrongfully sacked by a university after her trust called a mixed race conservative commentator a ‘house negro’.

Leeds Beckett University cut ties with advisor Aysha Khanom in February and said the language was ‘racist’.

But the academic claims it is an ‘anti-racist’ term because it challenges ‘white supremacy’.

If the words aren't racist despite being defined by the far right as the cockwomble claims, then why do they need to be reclaimed?

If the words aren't racist despite being defined by the far right as the cockwomble claims, then why do they need to be reclaimed?
Maybe it's 'acceptable' for black people to say it to each other, although it's still a problematic thing even in that context.

I can't see how it's acceptable for a Muslim, or someone who isn't black, to accuse a black person of being that term. It's a vile thing to say.

Let them get on with it then?
So we won't need to take any refugees from there then.
Ok I agree. Deal. Where the hell are they going to go anyway if we take 20,000 like Canada? We can't house our own and illegals from France are god knows where.

Ohhhhh hahahaha, this is so hilarious. 'Anti-racists' being racists then trying to retroactively redefine racism.

Aysha Khanom is a racist and deserved to be fired.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/17/acad...after-being-sacked-for-racist-tweet-15104104/

Academic sues university for discrimination after being sacked for ‘racist’ tweet

An academic claims she was wrongfully sacked by a university after her trust called a mixed race conservative commentator a ‘house negro’.

Leeds Beckett University cut ties with advisor Aysha Khanom in February and said the language was ‘racist’.

But the academic claims it is an ‘anti-racist’ term because it challenges ‘white supremacy’.
Tell you what Pangloss I bet she wins her case.
They will pay out to shut her up.
Freedom of speech is a two way street but sadly these bloody activists dont get it.

Ok I agree. Deal. Where the hell are they going to go anyway if we take 20,000 like Canada? We can't house our own and illegals from France are god knows where.
None of the above comes into it col.
The practicalities are only ever thought about afterwards when the shit hits the fan.
In the meantime this is all about politicians being seen to be sensitive and caring, and earning their halos on the back of the British tax payers.

I don't see that there is any other choice now.