I hate what the world is becoming | Page 53 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

We don't know the context of the lesson. Perhaps the teacher was trying to talk about how western secular democracies can view and satirise religion? There are other countries in the world where blasphemy is punishable by prison or death, perhaps these deranged protestors should consider moving.

It sounds to me like a teacher went looking for trouble and didn't like it when he found it. The only reason to show that cartoon is to cause offense.
Thats a bit of a rash statement. As pangloss said we dont know the context of the lesson but i am sure it would have been intended to educate. Naive and a bad decision. Absolutely. Shouls someone lose their job and probably career for this though? I have my doubts.

Dont worry 57, if they get their way we will all be back there with them.

Fortunately not in our lifetime matey but certainly my Grandsons time we will be a Muslim country and so will most of Europe, I'm talking 80 years time or more but they'll take us back to the dark ages unless they move forwards with the rest of the world.

Thats a bit of a rash statement. As pangloss said we dont know the context of the lesson but i am sure it would have been intended to educate. Naive and a bad decision. Absolutely. Shouls someone lose their job and probably career for this though? I have my doubts.
Another classic of a very small minority protesting and the vast majority doing fuck all about it turning a blind eye etc for fear of reprisals

Another classic of a very small minority protesting and the vast majority doing fuck all about it turning a blind eye etc for fear of reprisals
Yes every time we back off from criticising the behaviour it emboldens them.
As Ricky Gervais has said this morning "what next? People being punished for insulting unicorns?

It sounds to me like a teacher went looking for trouble and didn't like it when he found it. The only reason to show that cartoon is to cause offense.
Why would you go looking for trouble BB when you know what these lunatics are capable of?

Yes every time we back off from criticising the behaviour it emboldens them.
As Ricky Gervais has said this morning "what next? People being punished for insulting unicorns?
I agree with him. Aggressively protesting and demanding reprisals for blasphemy in this day and age shouldn't be tolerated in this country. I do think David Cameron was on to something when he talked about the need for a more 'muscular liberalism'.

I agree with him. Aggressively protesting and demanding reprisals for blasphemy in this day and age shouldn't be tolerated in this country. I do think David Cameron was on to something when he talked about the need for a more 'muscular liberalism'.
Agree Pangloss, Western democratic freedom of expression, dress codes, and liberal life styles means that Islam will always be in conflict in our countries if it continues to follow its current path.

Why would you go looking for trouble BB when you know what these lunatics are capable of?

I don't know. Perhaps he was well intentioned but nieve but I can't see a context where it could be appropriate.

Imagine if some free speech lover routinely burned pictures of the Queen. You can be sure that Tommy Robinson and the boys would be out in force.

Fortunately not in our lifetime matey but certainly my Grandsons time we will be a Muslim country and so will most of Europe, I'm talking 80 years time or more but they'll take us back to the dark ages unless they move forwards with the rest of the world.

There's already too much change in the community for that it just doesn't get overhyped in the press. Whilst the elder generation still holds the bulk of the power, come down two odd generation group and views are dramatically different in terms of being more liberal and less devout in my experience.

A long way to go in terms of the journey Christians/Catholics have had, but change is definitely happening. You need to forget about the bombardment in the press, much in the same way not all white students are lazy feckers for example.

We'll continue to be a mixed race planet as we always have been, no one is taking over - the one thing I'd like to be around to see is how a more liberalised Islam can effect change in far more devout countries - ie Iran etc and how much they inspire dissenters to really change and protest for better rights and equality, rather than power being centralised in families/dictatorships etc.

China's no different on that front either.

Jenrick's statement was pretty strong I thought - I didn't know he had it in him.

I don't know. Perhaps he was well intentioned but nieve but I can't see a context where it could be appropriate.

Imagine if some free speech lover routinely burned pictures of the Queen. You can be sure that Tommy Robinson and the boys would be out in force.
Why do you have to be far right to stick up for the queen?
What is with this ridiculous logic?
Why if you love the flag or the queen your far right.
For fucks sake. Stop it.

although to be fair, he's become a seriously borish type of man. I am athiest, I don't feel the need to keep shouting about it, or shouting down those with faith. All he does is slate stars (funny to start, now he just seems to want to be ultra nasty and rude - not so funny) and bang home the fact he doesn't believe there is a God. It is pretty much an obsession and I was going to say, who the fuck cares, but, well, we are both talking about him!

There is a podcast with him and self proclaimed guru Russel Brand. Fuck me they take themselves so seriously, the borish twats. Why did I watch it? It came up on facebook video highlight things, I was gobsmacked and just how boring they were to be honest, so watched for a few minutes and turned off wondering why they think their views were so interesting and important but also, even more so, why others seem to hang on their every word.

Ramble well placed in this thread. It is these sorts that fit fantastically into the 'I hate what the world is becoming'.

Just shut up you silly, self-important, berks (them not you!)

For fucks sake. Stop it.

Don 't think that is what he was saying. It was a good illustration. The teacher was ridiculously naive at best, fucking stupid more likely, and it was always going to create the fury that has been created - rightly OR wrongly. It just is what it is.

The teacher was indeed naive to not think that a mob of deranged theocrats would show up and hound him out of a job. Other than that without the details of the lesson it's hard to condemn him IMO.

For fucks sake. Stop it.

I was just drawing an analogy that would resonate with British people. I'm glad it resonated with you.

although to be fair, he's become a seriously borish type of man. I am athiest, I don't feel the need to keep shouting about it, or shouting down those with faith. All he does is slate stars (funny to start, now he just seems to want to be ultra nasty and rude - not so funny) and bang home the fact he doesn't believe there is a God. It is pretty much an obsession and I was going to say, who the fuck cares, but, well, we are both talking about him!

There is a podcast with him and self proclaimed guru Russel Brand. Fuck me they take themselves so seriously, the borish twats. Why did I watch it? It came up on facebook video highlight things, I was gobsmacked and just how boring they were to be honest, so watched for a few minutes and turned off wondering why they think their views were so interesting and important but also, even more so, why others seem to hang on their every word.

Ramble well placed in this thread. It is these sorts that fit fantastically into the 'I hate what the world is becoming'.

Just shut up you silly, self-important, berks (them not you!)
Talking of which, what has happened to Brand?
He has gone from being in the limelight every day almost, to not being heard of in ages.
Should count our blessing I suppose.
/

I was just drawing an analogy that would resonate with British people. I'm glad it resonated with you.
Well yeah im sick of all this nonsense.
Disagree with meghan markle your a racist.
Proud of the british flag racist.
Proud of the english flag far far far right loony nutjob.
Love the queen or the army. Far right.
Im not having a pop at you here. I am absolutely sick of this anti patriotic nonsense that is sweeping through everywhere.

It needs to stop.
Again not having a go at you or relating to your post. Just having a moan.

Talking of which, what has happened to Brand?
He has gone from being in the limelight every day almost, to not being heard of in ages.
Should count our blessing I suppose.
/

If you google, you'll find he is a podcaster/guru... not sure why but Gervais and him come up on my facebook video thread (whatever that is) quite often, luckily I get plenty of decent music also come up on there!

Well yeah im sick of all this nonsense.
Disagree with meghan markle your a racist.
Proud of the british flag racist.
Proud of the english flag far far far right loony nutjob.
Love the queen or the army. Far right.
Im not having a pop at you here. I am absolutely sick of this anti patriotic nonsense that is sweeping through everywhere.

It needs to stop.
Again not having a go at you or relating to your post. Just having a moan.

Think some of it is perception as well. I don't give a rats arse what others think of me as long as I know I'm being decent. My mini has union jack tail lights, love them, as you know from my posts here, I'm middle of the road politics wise (not punishment wise mind) but have no problem with our or others flags.

I did - and have said before - make one concession years back. When I shaved my head, my doctor martin boots went. This was early 90's so we were only just out of the 80's where it was skinheads / boots / braces. Didn't want to be in that category.

I think a good few people are so angry about something that really isn't that big a thing other than what is whipped up in certain papers (and that is from both divides)

Shame there are divides really... but that's mankind for you.