I hate what the world is becoming | Page 54 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

I don't know. Perhaps he was well intentioned but nieve but I can't see a context where it could be appropriate.

Imagine if some free speech lover routinely burned pictures of the Queen. You can be sure that Tommy Robinson and the boys would be out in force.
The difference is BB its almost in fashion to have a pop at the Queen, and at any British institution, and no body would be out in force, and if they did they wouldnt be issuing death threats.
22 kids murdered by these fanatics in Manchester, and I dont recolect anyone taking to the street
You can also have a pop at virtually any religion in the world whilst your at it, and be certain that no raving lunatic is going to come and cut your throat.
Protest yes, but sadly it doesnt stop there does it, as we have seen in France also.

But the fact the teacher will have seen what happened in France, why on earth would he stoke the fire? that is the problem. Yes, maybe he should be allowed to, but previous experience of the fury that ensues, suggests it was a ridiculous thing to do.

The difference is BB its almost in fashion to have a pop at the Queen, and at any British institution, and no body would be out in force,

I am not sure that is totally right to be honest. We are British though, so although people wouldn't be out in force, there would be plenty of tuts and indeed, some would express their fury with raising their eyebrow AND tutting.

But the fact the teacher will have seen what happened in France, why on earth would he stoke the fire? that is the problem. Yes, maybe he should be allowed to, but previous experience of the fury that ensues, suggests it was a ridiculous thing to do.
But that is the whole point isnt it.
There should be no way in this country or any other free society where this should be tolerated.
No one should have to worry what they say in a free society.
If you feel the need to threaten someone with death for disagreeing with you then go and live in a country where you are all of the same mind, and you can all be happy together.

It is the point, I get the bigger issue totally and hate it BUT the fact remains, as BB said, was the teacher just out to stoke the fire/cause trouble because it was fairly obvious that would be the result and indeed, IS the result.

Just a good job for those out and about protesting, that covid has now totally gone isn't it?

Yep. A very very silly thing to do.
But i read somewhere that the same lesson has been in place for 2 years??
So... as i said earlier... his line manager, the head of department would also need a rocket up the backside because he/she/non binary would have either made the lesson more or less or would have authorised its use.
How many teaching assistants would have seen that lesson? Did they report it?
How many lessons observations do you have a year? ALOT. So senior management would have seen that lesson.
So not just said teacher is to blame here.
If 60% of the pupils are BAME there must be a decent understanding of the muslim religion. And whether you agree or disagree if we should be allowed to show these things in an education setting you have to be 100 percent professional at all times and look at the fall outs of any potential actions.
I am no liberal. No way. But if i was a head teacher, no way i would allow a teacher to show that cartoon. No chance.

It is the point, I get the bigger issue totally and hate it BUT the fact remains, as BB said, was the teacher just out to stoke the fire/cause trouble because it was fairly obvious that would be the result and indeed, IS the result.

Just a good job for those out and about protesting, that covid has now totally gone isn't it?
Apparently, I read that the school aknowledge that this has been part of lessons for two years now, so why now?

Why do you have to be far right to stick up for the queen?
What is with this ridiculous logic?
Why if you love the flag or the queen your far right.
For fucks sake. Stop it.

on radio kerry fri morn alistair campbell, giving a speech at the IT college in tralee, i had a flash back to when my daughter drove an army wagon from kuwait to basra
weapons of mass destruction, i sent them a nice text, seanie

Just feels everyone wants to be angry and out protesting, doesn't matter about what... doesn't it? Or that just me?

I think this society and life at the moment is so low in quality and happiness. The covid break could have worked to make people re-evaluate but no, the anger has just grown.

Said to my parents again the other day, they'll be 'getting off the wheel' at the right time - age wise. Too much nonsense now, not enough quality of life or happiness, all the silly stuff of people worrying about being a he/she/it/them, protests over everything, lower quality food (mass produced) than they had. Poor environment and on it goes.

Most people fear death, without the realms of decency (out live parents and so on) I think I'll be delighted to fuck off... ! (Somewhat brain ache and pain informed that bit as well to be fair - and not said in a whingy way either)

Apparently, I read that the school aknowledge that this has been part of lessons for two years now, so why now?

I've seen that, but it seems this is the first time the image was used even if it was a long standing set lesson.

Dr Shazad Amin, deputy chair of Muslim Engagement and Development (MEND), an organisation which helps Muslims engage with British media and politics, said it had been helping several parents liaise with the school.
He said he saw "no problem" with blasphemy being discussed at the school but said the particular image shown to pupils was "deeply offensive" and "furthered stereotypes and anti-Islamic tropes".

I'm getting the impression the teacher maybe grabbed a more comic image potentially thinking it would go over more easily and light hearted. The above chap is also the one I think who said in another report the parents had been happy with the school's response.

Just feels everyone wants to be angry and out protesting, doesn't matter about what... doesn't it? Or that just me?

I think this society and life at the moment is so low in quality and happiness. The covid break could have worked to make people re-evaluate but no, the anger has just grown.

Said to my parents again the other day, they'll be 'getting off the wheel' at the right time - age wise. Too much nonsense now, not enough quality of life or happiness, all the silly stuff of people worrying about being a he/she/it/them, protests over everything, lower quality food (mass produced) than they had. Poor environment and on it goes.

Most people fear death, without the realms of decency (out live parents and so on) I think I'll be delighted to fuck off... ! (Somewhat brain ache and pain informed that bit as well to be fair - and not said in a whingy way either)
Well I for one do get angry JF, this is not the England I grew up in, where you have to watch what you say because a religion that has no roots in Western liberal democracies has been allowed to get into such a powerful position.

No different from Jesus really if you make that distinction Wittonite.

Society has never been free, life is qualified by laws and the reality is it's no different regardless of the book. Religious freedoms cover that on all sides of the debate irrespective of how pithy and pathetic some of it seems to others. Life moves on, otherwise we'd be stuck in the days of no blacks or irish.

All this shows is life needs to move on again and catch up.

No different from Jesus really if you make that distinction Wittonite.

Society has never been free, life is qualified by laws and the reality is it's no different regardless of the book. Religious freedoms cover that on all sides of the debate irrespective of how pithy and pathetic some of it seems to others. Life moves on, otherwise we'd be stuck in the days of no blacks or irish.

All this shows is life needs to move on again and catch up.
Do you really believe extremists will stop using a tried and trusted method of getting their own way.
I make the point again, as a religion they are alone in using violence to further their cause.
Nothing can be beyond criticism in a free society.

How have we suddenly jumped to extremists from an accepted hijacked but completely peaceful protest?

"...as a religion are alone in using violence..."

Old debate, but Islam is a few hundred years behind Christianity in its growth, let's not forget violence in the name of God.

Not least, going back a few months there was a certain event in the US with plenty proclaiming their love for God and Jesus whilst donating to televangelists from Capitol Hill.

You're making a black and white issue out of something which is still very much grey.

We also appear to have overlooked the likes of Israel and plenty of others.

How have we suddenly jumped to extremists from an accepted hijacked but completely peaceful protest?

"...as a religion are alone in using violence..."

Old debate, but Islam is a few hundred years behind Christianity in its growth, let's not forget violence in the name of God.

Not least, going back a few months there was a certain event in the US with plenty proclaiming their love for God and Jesus whilst donating to televangelists from Capitol Hill.

You're making a black and white issue out of something which is still very much grey.

We also appear to have overlooked the likes of Israel and plenty of others.
What concerns me is what is happening in this country, its where I and my family live, and I dont wish to live in a country where people are frightened to speak their mind.
This teacher has had death threats over this, that is extremism.

What concerns me is what is happening in this country, its where I and my family live, and I dont wish to live in a country where people are frightened to speak their mind.
This teacher has had death threats over this, that is extremism.

That I agree with, but we still can't treat the UK in isolation - namely because we are a hell of a lot better than some other places in reality.

It'll be interesting to see where the death threats come from but 100% fullest extent of the law.