I hate what the world is becoming | Page 41 | Vital Football

I hate what the world is becoming

Just listening to that fat twat Adam Boulton on Sky talking about the fishing issues and follow the BBCs lead in referring to fishermen as fisherpeople.
What is wrong with these fuckin idiots.
They inhabit a London/ Media bubble that no one else subscribes to.
They are not representative of the real world, but by abuse of their position are able to do as they please basically. Speak the Queens English, not try to rewrite it.

Fisherpeople! They sound like something from The Hobbit.

My dad is 65 and has used the term "coloured" around my GF once and rightly or wrongly that's what people said when he was growing up. Thankfully she understood it contextually and didn't want to embarrass him by correcting the word when he said a good thing.

"That's Gay" is something I would have said a lot as a teen and my early 20s.
The problem is... JUST in my time in education so 15 years.....
Using black was frowned upon. Ok now.
Coloured was ok. Racist now.
Half cast was accepted. Racist now.
Mixed race. Was accepted. Racist now.
Person of colour was accepted. Racist now.
So currently its BAME. Wont be long until thats racist.
So people who arnt glued to PC politics how the hell would they know what is and isnt acceptable?
So not sure what the answer is.

Yeah, I'm probably not coming off very well here, but fuck it who cares, lol

But if you want me to acknowledge that Ellen Page (now Elliot) is biologically a man, then no, sorry. I really don't care about peoples fee fees anymore.

I know the whole thing is a lot more complex, intersex for example is a real thing, as is gender dysphoria, and they should be treated properly. In the most amazingly predictable turn of events people who transitioned as young as 10 or 11 are now de-transitioning and left worse than before, but thankfully there has been a new ruling where u-16s will not be able to give consent to have treatment. So at least some kind of sense is coming back.

And yes as for my last line, maybe I came off wrong, and I totally agree with what you said, but my point was there is a big horrible world out there that doesn't care about you.

For instance, I saw a feminist say the other day that "women should have the right to walk alone at night". Well of course they should, but welcome to fucking reality. I doubt I need to go much further with that, as I'm sure you see the point.
We should've framed some of these chats over the years lol

Take the biological point and agree, I'm looking at things more from the mental side given how weird and wonderful the brain can be. Again the problem is the extreme voices and tags rather than focusing in on what is a real thing - you only need to look at what you list in terms of hermaphrodite's which is probably the outdated phrase now anyway.

If we have physical proof this can happen (albeit few ever got to decide for themselves which 'gender' they should be, I don't think it's a stretch to think that mentally it could occur - without the physical traits.

If I'm making sense myself?

Thoroughly agree on that court case as well, but I don't think the numbers bare out that 'most' are detransitioning. Just a good number who are vocal about it. But it should never have been allowed to happen pre-16 anyway.

I also take your point, but as a planet we evolve and progress. We can't give up on that because of arsewipes who shout the loudest and irritate us in the process.

Transgenderism is a mental illness IMO and I do not think sex-reassignment surgery should be an easy thing to do, more like it should be a kind of a last resort. In particular I find it alarming that children are having their desires to be a different gender taken seriously. I'm fairly sure I've seen some evidence of post transition regret and even reversal surgery has been rising over time as well.

In terms of pronouns, I think we should accept that some people want to be addressed in a particular way and politeness demands that we accept/ acquiesce to this. However I don't agree that people should be berated for innocently 'misgendering' someone.

Not sure I agree on the first line in terms of the debate. Wanting to be a furry or whatever the fuck that is, I'd give a different answer.

But thoroughly agree it's about balance on all sides and people digging in on offence for the sake of being offended does nobody any favours. Short of the loveable insults we all throw at each other on here, I don't see the pronoun game being any different than referring to you as Pangloss in reality.

The problem is... JUST in my time in education so 15 years.....
Using black was frowned upon. Ok now.
Coloured was ok. Racist now.
Half cast was accepted. Racist now.
Mixed race. Was accepted. Racist now.
Person of colour was accepted. Racist now.
So currently its BAME. Wont be long until thats racist.
So people who arnt glued to PC politics how the hell would they know what is and isnt acceptable?
So not sure what the answer is.

Which in itself is half the problem even for those who try and keep up.

In everyone's search for equality, over time the goalposts move. They should if we are moving in the right direction.

But you don't move the pitch, the stadium and change countries every 2 years on top without hampering that progress.

We should've framed some of these chats over the years lol

Take the biological point and agree, I'm looking at things more from the mental side given how weird and wonderful the brain can be. Again the problem is the extreme voices and tags rather than focusing in on what is a real thing - you only need to look at what you list in terms of hermaphrodite's which is probably the outdated phrase now anyway.

If we have physical proof this can happen (albeit few ever got to decide for themselves which 'gender' they should be, I don't think it's a stretch to think that mentally it could occur - without the physical traits.

If I'm making sense myself?

Thoroughly agree on that court case as well, but I don't think the numbers bare out that 'most' are detransitioning. Just a good number who are vocal about it. But it should never have been allowed to happen pre-16 anyway.

I also take your point, but as a planet we evolve and progress. We can't give up on that because of arsewipes who shout the loudest and irritate us in the process.

Yeah, they should be hung on a wall called "How To Solve The Worlds Problems By Arguing Our Way To The Same Conclusions Mostly" lol

Yep, totally get the mental side of it, it's the biological side where it's gets very tricky. And I think "Intersex" which I mentioned before is the new term for Hermaphrodite.

As for the court case, not sure I said 'most' are detransitioning? But we are seeing the consequences of young children being influenced, and rightly it has been corrected.

But anyway, none of this is an attack an actual trans people, as I saw someone say today, it's more of a backlash against the ridiculous rules around transgenderism that have been drummed up by the activists. They should be ignored, but if they are going to be demanding changes in law surrounding speech, then we are on a very slippery slope. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

Yeah, they should be hung on a wall called "How To Solve The Worlds Problems By Arguing Our Way To The Same Conclusions Mostly" lol

Yep, totally get the mental side of it, it's the biological side where it's gets very tricky. And I think "Intersex" which I mentioned before is the new term for Hermaphrodite.

As for the court case, not sure I said 'most' are detransitioning? But we are seeing the consequences of young children being influenced, and rightly it has been corrected.

But anyway, none of this is an attack an actual trans people, as I saw someone say today, it's more of a backlash against the ridiculous rules around transgenderism that have been drummed up by the activists. They should be ignored, but if they are going to be demanding changes in law surrounding speech, then we are on a very slippery slope. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

That would actually be the perfect title for the wall PMSL I'm convinced this forum couldn't do worse than most Gov cabinets over the last 20 years....yes we dig in, a few insults fly in the hope of being funny and they go wrong (mainly me it seems!) but at least we debate, acknowledge, find a middle ground and so on.

We've said before, chats like this wouldn't last 30 seconds on social media and it's so counterproductive.

I'd guessed with intersex but I'm still old school on that front, even if I still struggle to spell it. But no you didn't on 'most', I went a little bit general because of Pangloss's follow up to save repeating myself - but didn't point that out.

I'm still not sure why it was ever allowed at pre-16 ages msyelf. Given the procedures/psychology/chats etc - there shouldn't have ever been chemical or medical intervention prior to that. I don't know the name (can't be bothered to search) but the chap/ess on that case impressed me by acknowledging they helped force this through because they were entitled....but then acknowledged they should've been ignored at that age because of the age! Wasn't right for them, could be 100% right for somebody else, but pre-16 is not the time to make such choices. Did themselves credit I thought.

Again completely agree, it's not very different to the whole BLM thing. Black Lives Do Matter (granted BLDM is a bit close to something else) but the group cause more problems than good even for lefty libs like me. It's no different to agitators on this subject - they cause more division and annoyance than is needed.

Not seen anything changing about speech laws unless you mean recognition on passports etc though? There should be acknowledgement on request for documents etc but there's no way anyone should be calling for a criminalisation of the wrong pronoun.

I've never sued anyone who called me Mick or spelt my last name as Fields - surprisingly that does irritate me more than being called an ugly **** for some reason.

lol, yeah if this was Twitter half of us would have blocked each other and we'd all be living in echo chambers (although I think the familiarity with users also helps, and most here seem to be reasonable adults.....mostly lol)

As for speech laws, that whole thing started in Canada with Jordan Peterson and basically ignited the fire still burning now. I think it was Bill-16 or something. Some say he's making a storm in a teacup about it, but he certainly doesn't see it that way, and it isn't just about the present, it's where it could lead down the road.

If you have to time to get around to it, have a look at this, as it kind of sums up the pronoun debacle and he talks about the legislation too. There's also many other debates you can find which are very interesting to watch, and I think he always makes valid points.

lol, yeah if this was Twitter half of us would have blocked each other and we'd all be living in echo chambers (although I think the familiarity with users also helps, and most here seem to be reasonable adults.....mostly lol)

As for speech laws, that whole thing started in Canada with Jordan Peterson and basically ignited the fire still burning now. I think it was Bill-16 or something. Some say he's making a storm in a teacup about it, but he certainly doesn't see it that way, and it isn't just about the present, it's where it could lead down the road.

If you have to time to get around to it, have a look at this, as it kind of sums up the pronoun debacle and he talks about the legislation too. There's also many other debates you can find which are very interesting to watch, and I think he always makes valid points.

Mostly lol

It definitely does because we allow each of us leeway on explanation (knowing in debates likes this what the other has said before on previous threads etc). It's why I wouldn't even try debates down a pub anymore (and I did used to enjoy that with strangers!), let alone social media, because there's such a lack of overall context - and I'm certainly not alone in not explaining myself fully (regularly) but rather than you lot lynching me, you question, ask for clarification etc and vice versa.

And as per your wall comment - we are often arguing the same thing but from a different direction and we haven't quite put the consensus together.

On here we don't have the 'quick to cancel' element that other formats do or life does, simply because we don't shout I guess. And we're also not playing to a crowd, we're talking to mates who don't have to always agree but when we fuck up, we're big enough to apologise/explain better and we continue to be mates who talk shit.

Hope you understand twat! lol

Re speech, I'd not heard that one. I think I need to look into that as that's totally new to me. I did think you meant UK based, but yes, I still need to get speakers or headphones sorted but I'll add that to my list of things to watch.

As night becomes day, what starts in the US/Canada heads over here, so worth paying attention to.

I cannot watch that programme but saw him at the very start before switching over. Very sad indeed.

Norton's not that bad lol

But yeah, I think Fry summed it up best in saying something like he came from nowhere to be everything and then successively had it ripped away from him - but the bugger keeps going and fair play to him.

On the off chance you had it recorded, fast forward to his interview. He's clearly tired but he ain't throwing the towel in.

I would say it reminds me of someone on here, but I don't do praise.

I would say it reminds me of someone on here, but I don't do praise.

If you were the sort to say it, and I was the sort to take it, I would say

But with less hair, obviously.

Mom said today, "We have our Jonathan back." Which was lovely, as although (as they said) I was still taking the mickey and making them last, it was so clear the struggle to talk and apparently I looked like a ghost.

So im at work today... well im not doing much work but im here in body.
Anyway, another day another freak.
The bloke i am lumbered with is refusing to have the vaccine because he honestly believes they are injecting us with a computer chip designed by microsoft that will control the way we think and act.

You couldnt make this shit up.