Hull City | Page 6 | Vital Football

Hull City

Surely any doubt Cook needed to go has been utterly laid to rest by now. If there is any decent boss fancys a care taker role until the summer id have them in now - we were utter garbage under Joyce but at least if we took a lead you knew we could park the bus and fight like crazy to cling on giving us a good chance of grinding out a grimey win - Cooks team could be given a 1-0 head start in every game and still end up losing. Cooks side has literally no strengths and every area is a weakness - are there any tactics rather than hoof it to no one and play your best players out of position?

He won't get replaced now. Should have gone in January and should have gone after the Blackburn game. He didn't, he's going no where now. Said at the time royals job is on the line with that decision to keep him in post if we dropped which seems increasingly likely.

Recruitment, tactics, selections and game management. Need I say more.

Apparently only the 3rd time in our 87 year club history we have not completed a league double over any team in a season - well done Cook another crappy milestone

Can someone please explain to me the rules of cricket and recommend a team to follow.

Goalie dropped a Bollock, defensively not too bad tonight , James had another excellent game but can't help feeling he was wasted in that position. Nick Powell another injury. Leon Clarke cannot win anything in the air. The best team won but we should have been able to hold out for a point.

Surely any doubt Cook needed to go has been utterly laid to rest by now. If there is any decent boss fancys a care taker role until the summer id have them in now - we were utter garbage under Joyce but at least if we took a lead you knew we could park the bus and fight like crazy to cling on giving us a good chance of grinding out a grimey win - Cooks team could be given a 1-0 head start in every game and still end up losing. Cooks side has literally no strengths and every area is a weakness - are there any tactics rather than hoof it to no one and play your best players out of position?
A little unfair on Reece James that KDZ but otherwise spot on !

He won't get replaced now. Should have gone in January and should have gone after the Blackburn game. He didn't, he's going no where now. Said at the time royals job is on the line with that decision to keep him in post if we dropped which seems increasingly likely.

But apart from that its all good...!

It's like being on the deck of the Titanic seeing the iceberg is about to hit us and when we shout to the captain to try and change course he says 'bit late to try and change course now so lets go straight ahead and hope it works out'.

The decision to move him back to right back was baffling given his yet another motm display and wonder goal Saturday. All to move byrne back to right wing where he's been shite whenever he's played there this season. I just don't understand the thinking.

The decision to move him back to right back was baffling given his yet another motm display and wonder goal Saturday. All to move byrne back to right wing where he's been shite whenever he's played there this season. I just don't understand the thinking.

The thinking is fear of the opposition, don't hull have a decent player on that side who comes in from wide and scores quite a few, his name escapes me, cook will have looked at that and instead of letting them worry about us decided to try and nullify a threat to us.

Ah well, it turn out well in the end !!!

PC's post match interview tonight " we were lacking character & leadership out there on the pitch tonight....ffs it's your job to instill that in the players!!!
"It's constant individual errors that cost us"...ffs drop said players then!!!
Yada yada yada.....cut & paste the interviews for whatever game suits - 1 dimensional bit like the team for most parts of the season.

Had the game recorded on red button tonight so I could watch it after revising to chill out a little... then my Dad went and blurted our the result ffs ??. Did I miss much? As in, was it an entertaining game to watch in which we took the game to them, or just another case of playing for a point but coming away with nothing?

We were unfortunate. 1 up, & In two minds. Twist or stick?
Walton's mistake was a howler.
Massey should have buried his header.
5 seconds before the corner from which they got the winner, we were attacking, but got caught out.
Maybe, as it heads further toward muck or nettles, we'll be forced to be brave.

Motm...... Sammy.......with a word for Robinson keeping Bowen reasonably quiet.

Looking forward to Norwich. Its a free game. No-one expects owt. Most of you buggers have written 'em off already........ falling over each other to find the best hyperbole....... So there's nowt to lose.

I reckon we might win.

UTFT.

Last edited: