Hull City | Page 7 | Vital Football

Hull City

We were unfortunate. 1 up, & In two minds. Twist or stick?
Walton's mistake was a howler.
Massey should have buried his header.
5 seconds before the corner from which they got the winner, we were attacking, but got caught out.
Maybe, as it heads further toward muck or nettles, we'll be forced to be brave.

Motm...... Sammy.......with a word for Robinson keeping Bowen reasonably quiet.

Looking forward to Norwich. Its a free game. No-one expects owt. Most of you buggers have a rotten 'em off already........ falling over each other to find the best hyperbole....... So there's nowt to lose.

I reckon we might win.

UTFT.

Nice comment, Moonay. I can't disagree with any of the other posts on here tbh and I seriously worry that we are in grave danger of going down after tonight... but was nice to see your optimism. I don't know how you maintain your positivity, though.

Some of the other posts on here Will purport to be analysis, but are actually, often emotion..... or bollocks.

Byrne was right wing back, and had a decent game.
Windass did sweet fa.
Gibson did absolutely nothing of any value.
Clarke put himsel' about as well as he has done since being here.

We weren't great, but we weren't shite.

Pies were decent, mind.
?

Some of the other posts on here Will purport to be analysis, but are actually, often emotion..... or bollocks.

Byrne was right wing back, and had a decent game.
Windass did sweet fa.
Gibson did absolutely nothing of any value.
Clarke put himsel' about as well as he has done since being here.

We weren't great, but we weren't shite.

Pies were decent, mind.
?

To stay positive, I keep telling myself that we're one win away from safety. If we beat Norwich, and Rotherham fail to get a result at the weekend, that would be our survival almost guaranteed imo. I don't think Rotherham would be able to overcome a 5 point deficit with only a month remaining.

Problem is, I just can't make myself believe that we're going to beat Norwich :confused:.

I have half a century of watching Latics behind me and I wouldn't swap it for the world. But in all that time I reckon this is the most frustrating team we've ever had. We are so good at throwing games away it's unbelievable.

Because of that I can understand a lot of the moaning on here. But the truth is that there are some people that only want to see negatives and it feels like they can't wait to jump on the team when they cock up.

I like to think I see things in a balanced way and in order for us to throw games away they need to be in our grasp in the first place. So in a lot of our games there are positives that can be found if you want to. It's just that the team very often override those positives by chucking a massive negative into the mix. The people that see only positive get dismissed as happy clappers, or whatever the latest term might be. Those that see only negatives seem to escape criticism scot free but should be just as easily dismissed. There is good in there but it's just so frustrating the number of games we've thrown away to allow the doom and gloom merchants to thrive.

And before a certain someone asks "so your happy with our situation are you" no I'm not. I'm more frustrated now than I've ever been. We've put ourselves in a situation we should be nowhere near. Cook needs to take some responsibility, but what can he do to stop Dunkley slipping or Walton spilling a simple save? I actually feel huge sympathy for Cook.

But the simple truth is we're now up against it. Cut out the individual mistakes and we should be ok but they seem to be blighting us. The one sure thing now though is the need for everybody to try to pull us out of this mess together. No shouting for half a dozen players to be taken off during the course of a game. No skriking at the first misplaced pass or miscontrol. Time to take our frustrations out in as positive a way as we can. We've been in worse situations and got out of them. Hopefully the players aren't too nervy in the run in and stop throwing points away.

UTT

It's like being on the deck of the Titanic seeing the iceberg is about to hit us and when we shout to the captain to try and change course he says 'bit late to try and change course now so lets go straight ahead and hope it works out'.

No, its like being sat on the deck listening to the Orchestra playing 'Nearer my god to thee', whilst ice cold water is swishing around your feet.......

So we go in 1 up , we come out and let them have the ball no one pressing until they reach the half way line which is unacceptable .
All the top sides work really hard high up the pitch , Walton makes the mistake and falls to pieces and the whole team starts to panic , you can see us change and this is the problem we have no belief now when we concede .
If we survive we seriously need some pace in the side and a quality striker , i won`t loose any sleep if we loose Powell he is a liability now and he might struggle getting a decent side with his injury list he is a big risk .
It is what is is now like it or not we are relying on other results

We’re not relying on other results though it’s still in our hands. It’s up to the players to get us out of this mess

So we go in 1 up , we come out and let them have the ball no one pressing until they reach the half way line which is unacceptable .
All the top sides work really hard high up the pitch , Walton makes the mistake and falls to pieces and the whole team starts to panic , you can see us change and this is the problem we have no belief now when we concede .
If we survive we seriously need some pace in the side and a quality striker , i won`t loose any sleep if we loose Powell he is a liability now and he might struggle getting a decent side with his injury list he is a big risk .
It is what is is now like it or not we are relying on other results

Agree.

A few weeks ago, I was in conversation with one of Ralph Huttenhal's people from Southampton. They were saying about how he is looking to strengthen next season and I reccomended they look at Reece
We’re not relying on other results though it’s still in our hands. It’s up to the players to get us out of this mess

Give it another couple of games.....

I was hoping that the Milwall game would determine our fate were to win that game would keep us in the Championship, but I am now fearful that it wont reach that stage, and we will be relegated before that last game of the season.

Had the game recorded on red button tonight so I could watch it after revising to chill out a little... then my Dad went and blurted our the result ffs ??. Did I miss much? As in, was it an entertaining game to watch in which we took the game to them, or just another case of playing for a point but coming away with nothing?

It was an awful lifeless performance from us and Hull were half hearted but still better - don't waste your time watching the full thing. The 2 mins of youtube highlights will cover anything of note.

As shite as we’ve been at times, I actually think if we get another 4 points it’ll be enough to stay up.

We were unfortunate.......

Most of you buggers have a rotten 'em off already........ falling over each other to find the best hyperbole....... So there's nowt to lose.

I reckon we might win.

UTFT.

Moonay I think 'most of you buggers' are NOT too pleased at having to constantly / most times come on here & be negative, slag off PC & bemoan certain players but it's the same old same old most games - if only this, if only that. Far too many false dawns have kept PC in a job yet he seems oblivious to our frailties, either that or he is unable to sort it - either way it just frustrates the hell out of some supporters hence the winging / moaning/ negativity & general feeling of doom.....as KDZ says - on top deck of the titanic heading for the iceberg n the captain unable to do anything about it......

Yep Sunday as you say is a 'free' game, hopefully PC n players don't see it that way n go into it a la West Ham / Stoke games where we battled for a win..

Any goalkeeper can drop the kind of bollock that Walton did last night...but what will stop him ever being a premier league goalie is his inability to deal with anything lobbed into his 6 yard box. How a 6'5" lad becomes 5'6" on a cross is one of life's great mysteries.

We were unfortunate. 1 up, & In two minds. Twist or stick?
Walton's mistake was a howler.
Massey should have buried his header.
5 seconds before the corner from which they got the winner, we were attacking, but got caught out.
Maybe, as it heads further toward muck or nettles, we'll be forced to be brave.

Motm...... Sammy.......with a word for Robinson keeping Bowen reasonably quiet.

Looking forward to Norwich. Its a free game. No-one expects owt. Most of you buggers have a rotten 'em off already........ falling over each other to find the best hyperbole....... So there's nowt to lose.

I reckon we might win.

UTFT.

We weren't unfortunate. It's a pattern. What the fuck goes on at training, team meetings, half time team talks I have no idea. Time after time after time we contrive to throw away points when it's seemingly harder not to. It's a distinct lack of professionalism, nous, game management call it what you will on behalf of all involved to see out a game. Winning just one, just one of these away fixtures we've inconceivably thrown away then we'd be almost safe. I've lost track of how many points we've squandered from winning positions on the road. It's a fucking shambles. When the manager comes out with bollocks about not being worried about away form then this permeates down. If you added two cup defeats away as well this little sequence would look even worse. How the hell is Cook still in our employment?

LLWLLLLLLLDLLDLLLDLLLDL

Mr Barrell (can I call you Harold?)..... ???

Mightytics..... so Powell scored last night, and wasn't on the field to high press when they scored..... but somehow, he's a liability? ?

Jock, I actually believe that some folk would moan whatever the circumstance......eg. just missing out on the play offs, or an auto promotion spot...... its just what they do.

Just before the corner for their winner, we were pressing high, lost the ball upfield (Robinson I think) and then got caught out. Should we have been more cautious? ..... settle for the draw? ...... maybe ...... but then some would have slated us for that!

I read a cracking quote on twitter...... "Our away record is a lovely little town in North Wales!"
?
Made me smile, anyway.

Have you heard of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? It's a village in Anglesey off the coast of North Wales.

(Had to copy and paste the name from Wikipedia tbh :ROFLMAO:).