Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 20 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

Be nice to build a team around him but no player should be irreplaceable. The club will survive and hopefully Doyle Hayes or a.n.other will fill the void.

But the last decade or so should have taught us that actually replacing a player often never happens. Jack is class, and that's what we need if we're ambitious. We'd be extremely unlikely to replace him in the short term, and it will be difficult to do it medium term. Hope the owners realise that.

The club will survive, but is that that the limit of our ambitions?

Hutton did give a hint of his dribbling capabilities against Dresden, when he set up Green for his second goal.

Happy with 3 points though there is scope for plenty of improvement. If, as I expect, Grealish goes then we need a competent replacement. I assume that we will have identified 1 or 2.

Bruce's interview was good to be fair. Pointed out the shite that the media come out with, was honest about the Grealish situation, backed him, saying he's been a good pro and got on with it.

A lot of us slate him on here but none of us understand the daily crap he has to put up with - not surprised he has learnt to deflect after 20yrs in management. Just wish he could.produce a product on the field and he would be our perfect match.

Wish him luck this year, and yes, hope he can find the new Bowen for two and six.

Poor goal we conceded. Expected more from Elphick. He had one eye on colliding with the post. Rough, tough centre back should be taking a hit there .

Thought steer was fine as well
The save from the offside shot was class and also the one from bowen in the first half was vital

Thought steer was fine as well
The save from the offside shot was class and also the one from bowen in the first half was vital
Never thought in his previous cameos he was THAT bad. Surprised we are getting 2 keepers to be used ahead of him.

Well our slow start last season cost us promotion so a win tonight is more than welcome.
Doesnt really matter that it wasnt entirely convincing or the football was bang average, all that matters is the three points.
Wigan on Saturday and a chance to get another three points on the board.

what odds on those 3 scorers eh? sat and watched it in a pub with a workmate who was in his Hull City shirt. He cheered when they scored I laughed when Elphick equalised and wondered how he had so much room in the 6 yard box, Jeez even I would have netted that. Shocked when Elmo fired home, was stunned when Hutton put one in and got told off by an old drunken lady when I swore out loud in disbelief at Hutton's goal. She stood up and told me I should be thrown out for wearing my Villa shirt in a Hull pub. I just said "I'm from round 'ere, I live less than 1/4 mile away from the pub. I'm an 'ull lad, bin a Villa fan for almost 40 years luv" She threatened to have me barred, me and mate just laughed our heads off. I wouldn't mind but he's the bloody foreigner as he's from Gt. Yarmouth.