Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 21 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

Poor goal we conceded. Expected more from Elphick. He had one eye on colliding with the post. Rough, tough centre back should be taking a hit there .
I had the benefit of multiple TV replays MD. I thought the same at first, but when you see it back, he was never going to get there. He put his arm up I think initially to block it then pulled it away last second...

Poor goal we conceded. Expected more from Elphick. He had one eye on colliding with the post. Rough, tough centre back should be taking a hit there .
Oh and that was the luckiest goal ever from their standpoint. Weakish punch from Steer but their boy was just lobbing it back in. Never in a million years did he mean to put it in the top corner.....

Commentator mentioned a couple of times that Jedinak is being linked with a move....
Mind you, he must have a mate at the Daily Star cause he also desperately tried to defend the “well researched stories linking Thierry Henry with the manager’s job despite denials from Henry himself...”

Kodjia and Albert remain concerns. Can't afford to keep carrying passengers, especially if Jack goes. The three players that scored tonight may not score again all season.:grinning:
Not surprised by Kodjia, he hasnt really looked at the races for some time now, the injuries have taken their toll and he hasnt looked the same player since coming back, but time and fitness may be key.
I did think at one stage he had learnt that football is a team game, but no, still the same selfish sod but without the finish that he used to have.
Albert is a worry though, he seems to have lost belief in himself and his ability to take players on in a one on one.
Never looked like doing anything tonight and both were pretty much passengers.
Still great result, onwards and upwards.

Kodija was woeful. Massive concern

Time for a Holte Lower caps lock moment.

Kodjia HAS to be given time. Bruce confirmed as much post match in his interview.
Patience isn't a virtue of the modern fan but I really think people need to lay off Kodjia.

Think about it logically. He has a very very good first season. So much so that we were concerned that he might get snaffled by a premier league club.
He gets injured. Then injured again, same ankle. A year out. Comes back at the tail end of the season. He has had hardly any game time in a year and a half.
He hasn't become crap in that time has he ?. Any lack of form is down to, it must be, his injury. Don't underestimate how long it takes. Would hate to hear him become the next boo boy target. I remember rumblings against Tekkers after his lay off and thought how ridiculous.

Kodjia is a player. By god frustrating as evidenced in the first half tonight. But once again he is a forward (read hogan) that is not helped by isolation up top. He looks better coming in from the inside left but with injuries to forwards he is the only option. Actually think he is trying too hard and those little touches and stretches for the ball are just not coming off. Ends up ricocheting off him or gives a harsh foul away.

He will come good. We NEED to give him time. He needs game time and cliche alert, a goal. Watch his first season highlights to remember. Some forget too easily. Like I said fans have no patience nowadays. I'm as guilty. It's blatantly obvious his form is connected with his injury lay off. We may not see him back to full form until mid autumn.

Time for a Holte Lower caps lock moment.

Kodjia HAS to be given time. Bruce confirmed as much post match in his interview.
Patience isn't a virtue of the modern fan but I really think people need to lay off Kodjia.

Think about it logically. He has a very very good first season. So much so that we were concerned that he might get snaffled by a premier league club.
He gets injured. Then injured again, same ankle. A year out. Comes back at the tail end of the season. He has had hardly any game time in a year and a half.
He hasn't become crap in that time has he ?. Any lack of form is down to, it must be, his injury. Don't underestimate how long it takes. Would hate to hear him become the next boo boy target. I remember rumblings against Tekkers after his lay off and thought how ridiculous.

Kodjia is a player. By god frustrating as evidenced in the first half tonight. But once again he is a forward (read hogan) that is not helped by isolation up top. He looks better coming in from the inside left but with injuries to forwards he is the only option. Actually think he is trying too hard and those little touches and stretches for the ball are just not coming off. Ends up ricocheting off him or gives a harsh foul away.

He will come good. We NEED to give him time. He needs game time and cliche alert, a goal. Watch his first season highlights to remember. Some forget too easily. Like I said fans have no patience nowadays. I'm as guilty. It's blatantly obvious his form is connected with his injury lay off. We may not see him back to full form until mid autumn.

Nowhere NEAR enough CAPS LOCK there Melon... :loser:

Not sure on Kodjia.. its his decision making and selfishness which is what frustrates people and this has nothing to do with injury. Hopefully he is “trying too hard” to score a goal after his spell out but even in his good season he was incredibly selfish and wasteful at times refusing to pass and often failing with ridiculous attempts at “wonder goals” e.g lobs and acrobatic volleys instead of a normal attempt at goal or passing instead. If he can create or score goals then fair enough he can get away with occasional waste but often if he doesn’t score he plays at the detriment to the rest of the team because of his selfishness. I hope he can get back to that level of 2 seasons ago and scores 20+ goals as that could be the difference between promotion or not but at the moment the jury is out. At least he offers the threat of unpredictability if nothing else

Not sure on Kodjia.. its his decision making and selfishness which is what frustrates people and this has nothing to do with injury. Hopefully he is “trying too hard” to score a goal after his spell out but even in his good season he was incredibly selfish and wasteful at times refusing to pass and often failing with ridiculous attempts at “wonder goals” e.g lobs and acrobatic volleys instead of a normal attempt at goal or passing instead. If he can create or score goals then fair enough he can get away with occasional waste but often if he doesn’t score he plays at the detriment to the rest of the team because of his selfishness. I hope he can get back to that level of 2 seasons ago and scores 20+ goals as that could be the difference between promotion or not but at the moment the jury is out. At least he offers the threat of unpredictability if nothing else

That's the thing though isn't it. If he didn't have those frustrating elements to his game, he'd be in a top half Premier League team.

But he does have that "X factor" about him, where he can do some unpredictable, and sublime things. During his first season he was the main man, no doubt, and it was easy to overlook the other parts.

If he can get back firing like he was doing, he's a vital player for us. We need to be patient with him for now. The downside to that is we really have no one else to look to right now with Hogan and Davis being injured. Maybe a Grabban type loan is needed.

Elmohamady was man of the match according to Sky. He was ok in the second half to be fair and scored a decent goal but I don’t think he is the solution to the right wing position. He is too one dimensional, the first thing I said when he scored was “was that a misplaced cross?”. He seriously needs to look up more often and pass or cut back rather than mindlessly lumping the ball into the box which he does far too often. 6 crosses, 0 accurate according to the match stats on whoscored which unfortunately sums him up.

Well to tidy off the night, I will just say ''that will do lads and well done'' Not the best performance however I will take that if we can keep on winning even without best performances. Great start. Now for Wigan! Oh and Jack ain't going anywhere. I have it on good authority :grinning::eek!::censored:

That's the thing though isn't it. If he didn't have those frustrating elements to his game, he'd be in a top half Premier League team.

But he does have that "X factor" about him, where he can do some unpredictable, and sublime things. During his first season he was the main man, no doubt, and it was easy to overlook the other parts.

If he can get back firing like he was doing, he's a vital player for us. We need to be patient with him for now. The downside to that is we really have no one else to look to right now with Hogan and Davis being injured. Maybe a Grabban type loan is needed.
Agree he needs an extended run in the team like Benteke needed. Agree that he would potentially be playing at a higher level if it wasn’t for the frustrating elements to his game but that’s the player he is which is why fans are complaining. If he’s knocking them in then he’s allowed leeway by if not then people get pissed off with laziness and selfishness. He obviously wants a goal but his decision to not pass to Elmohamady when he was running through was shockingly poor and I absolutely hate when strikers do that. If you can’t score then pass... it’s almost like if he can’t score then he won’t let anyone else, either

Bruce bought that Bowen for 50 grand?

Fuck me, can he buy us some like that.

Ideal replacement for Snodgrass. I’m biased because he’s from my neck of the woods originally, but he can cut in from the right and whip a good cross in plus he looks a goal threat (although luckily not last night).

I love going through the match thread after a good win and reading the reaction to the team news. Lots of posts that didn't age well at all.

When will people learn to save the vitriol tl after the match?

#BruceOut