Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread. | Page 22 | Vital Football

Hull City V Aston Villa: Mon, 6th Aug, Match Thread.

That was absolutely BRILLIANT !!!!!

I can't lie, we weren't fantastic, in fact for the first 55 mins, we were hopeless, but what a utter superb day out.

1st half, Steer was both awful and match saving at the same time. Chester was being ripped to shreads, not helped by Taylor being in a different postcode, Our creative 40m player was obviously competing for Danny Rose's shirt coz thsts where he was playing, And Kodjia - well .......

And it started the same 2nd half and suddenly we were 2-1 up !!!.

And then........ i have just woke up .... did it really happen .?. Oh my god - The place went berzerk. The last time I remember a goal celebration like that was against the Albion a few years ago.

The atmosphere last night was one of the best I have been in, it really was like a home game. The fans were magnificent.

All in the sun, windows down, great music belting out on the way, quick meet up before match, grat victory meal of curry sauce, rice, chips n onions on way home, back at 0235 but christ it was worth it.

The atmosphere seems different this year. Call it arrogance but I believe everyone thjnks we are going up, so why not tell everyone about it and enjoy it.

92 points to go !!!!

Dont really know a motm, I dont really think we played that well tbh. In fact, I thought RHM and Green played really well. I suppose Elmo gets it, but for me, only one man can take that award this week.

Motm - Hutton.

(As long as he is in the 18, he gets it from me - i love him, I want to buy a nice house, and have lots of babies with him !)

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to say.

I think Bruce showed a lot of savvy last night. You only have to look how many goals were scored in the last 20 mins on Saturday. Fitness levels are down and it is 27 degrees.

We were crap first half, no doubt, but we kept our energy, let Hull run themselves out, then put on Green and RHM and ran at them.

Good tactics from Bruce

I thought it was a solid if unspectacular performance - always felt that we'd find the winner as the game went on despite us not setting the world on fire performance-wise.

Elphick and Taylor need replacing at the back as a priority (Axel and Bryan?) and we still need more control in the middle (McGinn).

Kodjia needs to be given time to get fully back up to speed.

Adomah needs to respond to the challenge of Green breathing down his neck.

I predicted 0-3 earlier on the thread and stated that the result mattered more than the performance, so I was actually pretty happy with how last night went.

Little did I know at the time Hutton getting further forward would make my fecking week :utv:

ALAN HUTTON, ALAN HUTTON!!

I had to settle for watching the highlights on YouPube anyone doubting Cafu's committment to the club would have those fears dispelled when watching his goal celebration.

I did smile when the tosser of a ref showed him a yellow card and Hutton did not even look at him.

left me with a warm glow.

Just back from my hols.

Watched the game with a few Villa fans and several Hull fans.

We well and truly shut them up.

However it wasn't a great performance but I would take that result every time.