Hughton Out | Page 11 | Vital Football

Hughton Out

I certainly expect more than we're currently getting. I don't think that's too high.
Personally I think we are a Championship team, not a Premier League team in waiting. We have no god given right to be promoted, and we haven't had one of the top 3 squads in the league ever probably, so here is where we can stay.
I'd just like to see some evidence that the players want to be at Forest and play with everything they have.

Its the lack of competitive edge that I really hate about this team. Even just a couple of years ago, we would play much better against better teams. There was some feeling that the team would step up to meet the challenge in front of them and fight hard for the win.
We've completely lost that, and its really depressing. The predictability of losses like the Cardiff game. The utter lack of anything that resembles mental strength, or competitiveness, or heart. Yuck.

It's a shambles, I'm ashamed to go at the moment.

If I had a slither of an excuse not to go tomorrow, I'd use it. Going to football ought to be a nice distraction for 90 minutes, from whatever part of your miserable existence needs it, but it’s the reverse at the moment; and it costs money!

Houghton has to go; he was totally clueless in the teeth of the most simple game plan by Cardiff; what did he do? Chuff all.

Lyle Taylor was the most frustrated I’d been watching a striker[sic] since I last watched him. The only time he's not on his fuckin knees is at the start of the game! He got bullied by Morrison and Flint like a ginger step-kid would be. It was a childish, inexcusable display. He wants dropping.

It's a shambles, I'm ashamed to go at the moment.

If I had a slither of an excuse not to go tomorrow, I'd use it. Going to football ought to be a nice distraction for 90 minutes, from whatever part of your miserable existence needs it, but it’s the reverse at the moment; and it costs money!

Houghton has to go; he was totally clueless in the teeth of the most simple game plan by Cardiff; what did he do? Chuff all.

Lyle Taylor was the most frustrated I’d been watching a striker[sic] since I last watched him. The only time he's not on his fuckin knees is at the start of the game! He got bullied by Morrison and Flint like a ginger step-kid would be. It was a childish, inexcusable display. He wants dropping.

Ray, chap?

I've been wondering why CH appears to be so down. There are so many "don't knows" that I'm on the point of giving up. He appears at times to have lost the plot even though his record overall is pretty good and none of us appear to know the whole story. His age could be against him if the club are not fully behind him, does he have any say in the signing of new players, what part does he have in the training, and other dubious points.

It's reached the stage with me that I've just played a DVD instead, Dads Army fourth series, last item on there, "Fallen Idol" where Colonel Mainwaring gets pissed trying to perform Colonel Puff Puff.

Haven't laughed so much in ages. Hope I don't have to do it again on Wednesday.

I've been wondering why CH appears to be so down. There are so many "don't knows" that I'm on the point of giving up. He appears at times to have lost the plot even though his record overall is pretty good and none of us appear to know the whole story. His age could be against him if the club are not fully behind him, does he have any say in the signing of new players, what part does he have in the training, and other dubious points.

It's reached the stage with me that I've just played a DVD instead, Dads Army fourth series, last item on there, "Fallen Idol" where Colonel Mainwaring gets pissed trying to perform Colonel Puff Puff.

I'd rather be forced to watch Mrs browns boys for 90 mins than this shower

I've mentioned this before, but Hughton probably had different backroom staff during the period of those successes. Not saying he is a bad manager but he is reliant on coaches implementing his ideas successfully or formulating together a recipe for success.
There is also the line of thought that at 62, does he still really have the same passion he had 10 plus years ago when he achieved that success.

He's 10 years younger than Warnock, who doesn't lack passion & always seems to be able to put together a competitive team.

I do think CH is getting plenty of effort out of the players, which is a bit worrying as they don't have much more to give. Sadly we lack talent, a striker who is big and strong enough to hold the ball up (never mind one who can score!), or a style of play for our smaller strikers , such as speedy breaks, or classy through balls from midfield.

No idea what say CH has in recruitment, but we clearly haven't even replaced the players who narrowly avoided relegation (Christie, Ribiero, Ameobi, Knockaert, Krovinovic) , never mind improved on them. Garner has underperformed in his recent games too.

On the subject of the ceo/manager relationship at the club. In his interview i detected a real like of CH by Murphy, describing him as being "so knowledgeable and calm". I think he may just be overawed by him? Everything else just doesn't seem to fit right to me. Young progressive CEO with modern ideas ( i assume) and then a 63 year old manager playing 90s football and the fact that he didn't appoint him in the first place. We cleared out players in the summer , the reason given that a younger squad was wanted. By who?

He was hardly going to say 'Hughton is a footballing dinosaur and I'll be looking to replace him as soon as possible' was he?
Well not if he likes him obviously. I doubt that he thought he would need to replace him to avoid the clubs relegation ever entered his head either.

Megson and Platt were worse. Calderwood whilst he got us promoted was atrocious in this league.

Davies was more destructive.

Even though Hughton is an abomination, he's still not as bad as the aforementioned.

The football under Platt was nowhere near as bad as this and never ever got us close to being relegated. That is how disastrous Hughton has been on both fronts.

The football under Platt was atrocious.

I know everyone looks for a common denominator, obviously the club would be that, but in 21 years the leadership has changed several times. They have tried all ways at getting promoted and have failed dramatically every single time.

We always point the finger of blame at the manager, but the guys hiring these people, and the infrastructure that surrounds the appointments is fucked.

I get what Dane is doing in relation to changing that with root and branch, but it's dangerous on the back of a dreadful season, players out and a pretty shit recruitment. January is notoriously hard to recruit in, but that's what they will need to do to save our season, that in turn will be an hard reset on this current change to philosophy and ethos

The football under Platt was atrocious.

I know everyone looks for a common denominator, obviously the club would be that, but in 21 years the leadership has changed several times. They have tried all ways at getting promoted and have failed dramatically every single time.

We always point the finger of blame at the manager, but the guys hiring these people, and the infrastructure that surrounds the appointments is fucked.

I get what Dane is doing in relation to changing that with root and branch, but it's dangerous on the back of a dreadful season, players out and a pretty shit recruitment. January is notoriously hard to recruit in, but that's what they will need to do to save our season, that in turn will be an hard reset on this current change to philosophy and ethos
Depending how Ojeda gets on we need a keeper, a second left back, a central midfielder, a striker and probably another attacking midfielder / forward.

As there isn’t a chance of us getting that many players in January (or at least quality versions) we are going to struggle whatever happens.

I also have a horrible feeling that Garner and maybe one or two more will ask to go back to their owning clubs if things don’t start turning around…