Hughton Out | Page 10 | Vital Football

Hughton Out

I wouldn't enjoy having him here, but I'd be fairly certain Big Sam would have us pulled away from relegation and we'd be all but safe with games to spare.

But then, I thought the same about Hughton last year 🤷‍♂️

For those saying that Hughton must go:
Here is the league table for 31st December 1989, at the time that Alex Ferguson was under pressure and when it was rumoured that he was to be sacked if his team went out of the FA Cup Third Round.
https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-division-one/31-december-1989/
Manchester United did not go out of the cup in the Third Round. Mark Robins scored in their away tie against Forest at the City Ground. Manchester United won the FA Cup that season, Ferguson stayed, and the rest was history. Brian Clough was manager of Forest at the time. Since then, there have been 33 managers of Forest.............. https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1845&teamTabs=managers

Here is the league table for 31st December 1989, at the time that Alex Ferguson was under pressure and when it was rumoured that he was to be sacked if his team went out of the FA Cup Third Round.
Manchester United did not go out of the cup in the Third Round. Mark Robins scored in their away tie against Forest at the City Ground. Manchester United won the FA Cup that season, Ferguson stayed, and the rest was history. Brian Clough was manager of Forest at the time. Since then, there have been 33 managers of Forest.............. https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1845&teamTabs=managers
Sorry Chando but comparing this to Alex Fergusons Man Utd turnaround is pretty pointless. It's a good story because it's a rare occurrence. If it happened regularly it wouldn't be a good story.
It's like expecting all bands that break up to recruit a new singer and become Queen, or all 18yo girls who play tennis to win the US Open.
The majority of managers doing badly will, generally speaking, continue to do badly. Not suddenly turn it around and become a huge success.
Hughton has had time - a lot of it given his very poor record whilst here. Now I'll agree that there is blame aplenty, and it isn't all to be laid at CH feet. But some of it is, and whilst others seem to be equally culpable and deserve to be gone too, it's changing the manager which can be done quickly to try and produce a more immediate up-turn in results.

That's a fairy tale example, probably more examples of clubs sticking when it was never going to work and taking them down. He's had over 50 games and doesn't have the worst squad and has gone backwards if anything, he refuses to change things and after this many games you have to think it's not going to work so change it but he won't. How long do you give him another 10 games or so, if we take maybe 3 points in that time we'd be screwed. Also I just can't be arsed with every game being so dull, it's supposed to be entertaining watching football and I can't recall anything entertaining since he's been here.

That's a fairy tale example, probably more examples of clubs sticking when it was never going to work and taking them down. He's had over 50 games and doesn't have the worst squad and has gone backwards if anything, he refuses to change things and after this many games you have to think it's not going to work so change it but he won't. How long do you give him another 10 games or so, if we take maybe 3 points in that time we'd be screwed. Also I just can't be arsed with every game being so dull, it's supposed to be entertaining watching football and I can't recall anything entertaining since he's been here.
Yes, but why has Hughton, who has succeeded elsewhere, been bad here, and how has Forest having had 33 managers since Clough got us anywhere? Hughton is not Montanier- he is a manager with a successful track record in this country and in this league.

Losing games under any manager that the players either dont rate or like can only end one way. You can see it happening now, each game that goes by and its no points a bit more confidence is lost. Its like watching someone with a serious illness and the treatment regime not being altered. Hughton is not going to turn this situation round. A change is needed and fast.

The reason we haven't been successful is because we had a few extraordinary elevated sustained moments which will never happen again

We think we deserve more like we should be up there fighting with behomeths like Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc day in day out

Our expectations are too high
We all do it including myself
The fans are a small part of our continued decline but we have added to it

The reason we haven't been successful is because we had a few extraordinary elevated sustained moments which will never happen again

We think we deserve more like we should be up there fighting with behomeths like Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc day in day out

Our expectations are too high
We all do it including myself
The fans are a small part of our continued decline but we have added to it

Our expectations aren't too high.
I'm not expecting Champions League or even sustained Premier League success.
I'm expecting a decent sized club like Forest that has spent roughly equal time between the two top divisions in this country, to be able to be reasonably competitive in the nations second tier.
Given our size and support this shouldnt be that difficult over the last 20 years.

Yes, but why has Hughton, who has succeeded elsewhere, been bad here, and how has Forest having had 33 managers since Clough got us anywhere? Hughton is not Montanier- he is a manager with a successful track record in this country and in this league.
I don't know but he hasn't been a success here he's heading to being a catastrophy, if it's not working you have to let him go. I see nothing to suggest we are at a turning point and how many more games can we afford to throw away? 3 wins in 26, worst start in over 100 years to a league season and terrible to watch I can litterally see nothing positive to use in his defence.

Our expectations aren't too high.
I'm not expecting Champions League or even sustained Premier League success.
I'm expecting a decent sized club like Forest that has spent roughly equal time between the two top divisions in this country, to be able to be reasonably competitive in the nations second tier.
Given our size and support this shouldnt be that difficult over the last 20 years.

We have been reasonably competitive for most of our time in this division over the last century or so
What people need to realise our level is that bit in between your arsehole and your balls
One being the top flight and the other being the 2nd tier

Right now we are nearer the arsehole end because we are shit

It will even itself out

Isn't big Sam available?

Sam offered to do the job for free when Lamouchi got the push; all he wanted was a 1m bonus for getting promotion, which I thought sounded reasonable.

If Sam can turn this lot round he will go right up in my estimation; in fact, if he does turn us round, given the chance, I will be sending him a 205 ltr drum of water for him to get started on so that I can cancel my subscription to Naked Wines.

I've mentioned this before, but Hughton probably had different backroom staff during the period of those successes. Not saying he is a bad manager but he is reliant on coaches implementing his ideas successfully or formulating together a recipe for success.
There is also the line of thought that at 62, does he still really have the same passion he had 10 plus years ago when he achieved that success.

I've mentioned this before, but Hughton probably had different backroom staff during the period of those successes. Not saying he is a bad manager but he is reliant on coaches implementing his ideas successfully or formulating together a recipe for success.
There is also the line of thought that at 62, does he still really have the same passion he had 10 plus years ago when he achieved that success.
Fair enough, each of those may be part of the answer, plus, I suppose, he might have had more support with signings etc at other clubs. Hughton has however also managed at basket- case clubs, such as Birmingham City, and been at Newcastle United too.

Well that is the million dollar question.

I think it is quite clear that he has not had anywhere near the support that has been claimed, but the flip side of that is he has not helped himself with his inflexibility.

I do not know how many more games it will take for him to realise that Taylor is not fit for purpose and that the Keeper is an accident waiting to happen; but Hughton could well have an ulterior motive with those selections.

It was interesting listening to Colin Frey and someone else who I think was Brian Laws, on the drive up to the game on Sunday; during the preview, the conversation turned to the fact that after waiting a whole year, Hughton now had some permanent signings he could call his own.

The response of "does he" was quite telling; unless I completely misheard was what said, it sounded like there was more than a suggestion that Hughton has had little or no say in who came in, which I find astonishing.

And its not like Frey has a track record for making mischief like that.

Well that is the million dollar question.

I think it is quite clear that he has not had anywhere near the support that has been claimed, but the flip side of that is he has not helped himself with his inflexibility.

I do not know how many more games it will take for him to realise that Taylor is not fit for purpose and that the Keeper is an accident waiting to happen; but Hughton could well have an ulterior motive with those selections.

It was interesting listening to Colin Frey and someone else who I think was Brian Laws, on the drive up to the game on Sunday; during the preview, the conversation turned to the fact that after waiting a whole year, Hughton now had some permanent signings he could call his own.

The response of "does he" was quite telling; unless I completely misheard was what said, it sounded like there was more than a suggestion that Hughton has had little or no say in who came in, which I find astonishing.

And its not like Frey has a track record for making mischief like that.

Wee Billy Bastart should have been grateful that he was even allowed to "advise and recommend".

I don’t have high expectations, I couldn’t give a toss about European footy and the prem

mall I want is my football team to show direction and play competitive/decent football

I don’t think that’s too much to ask

Your wish is unrealistic, unattainable, unachievable and therefore completely unacceptable.