Hughton Out | Page 12 | Vital Football

Hughton Out

I suspect that had fans been in the ground last season Hughton would have been gone already.

On one side - I can’t stand his negativity. We don’t seem to know how to create goals. Results have been and are terrible. We are in danger of becoming adrift. He got nothing out of what should have been decent players like Knockhaert, Arter.

On the other side – track record/experience suggested he could really make a difference. He must have identified players IF he has anything at all to do with recruitment. He said he wanted players in early then went on to repeat that just before the season got going. He has had to deal with the lack of recruitment and the low quality of it. Surely no one would suggest the signings we have are ones be begged for? (Garner, Zinc aside)

I think he has been shafted on players but the conundrum is would he do any better with better ones?

What I can’t figure out is WTF do the owners think is going in here? Why are we being allowed to sink like this? Someone else said it’s like we are sleep walking into oblivion.

Which manager can actually be a success here? Seems like you would need to be a miracle worker.

I have no doubt though that he will be sacked shortly and yes he has done shite but in the end is he just another scapegoat for the behind the scenes ineptitude or lack of interest?

About time questions were fired at Randall and the rest of the Board/owners I think. Worse than a shit show there seems a malaise and an apathy which will see us in League 1.

I would take Wilder of the options available.
we employed a manager who was rated and accepted by many fans..*not all of us) we know the owner puts people in place and leaves them to it, but if they are crap then he boots them and i find it hard to critiicise that, hes the owner and never pretended hes the manager. We all expected better, CH signed for us knowing the squad an frankly his performances have been simply awful. And aruably has not warrented investment into players he wants anyway, you nee dto prove youre doing a good job to get bcking in any siuation surely. Hes kept us botom of the league for a full year making it even less attractive to any player who simply looks at the league table th elast seasons. He should have gone befor Murphy came in

All I would say about all this talk of “nobody can manage Forest”… we have appointed utter dross for years. Take Hughton out the equation for a minute and how many managers who’ve left Forest have gone on to do anything of note in the last decade?

Davies - no club since
McClaren - One decent spell at Derby
Cotterill - lower league manager
O’Driscoll - sacked by another championship club/lower league manager.
McCleish - nothing of note.
Pearce - no club managed since.
Freedman - no club managed since.
Montanier - nothing of note.
Warburton - Average at QPR
Karanka - sacked by Birmingham.
O’Neill - no club since.
Lamouchi - left/sacked by latest club.

My point with this is, rather than us just being cursed, maybe we just continually appoint dross who aren’t up to it. Hughton is the exception given his CV but maybe he just doesn’t fit.

I hope if we actually bother to do our due diligence when we appoint our next coach and it’s in line with our player recruitment strategy, then we might actually see some success.
well i just really had that conversation and made those points, tho have been making them throughout all of those appointments :)

If we get another manager in with a fresh approach ( NOT Anton and Wayne’s Reptilian mate)
And start winning some football matches, we can add nicely to the squad in January. I like chris Hughton and gutted this hasn’t worked, but he needs to move on now before we’re too far adrift.

Last edited:
Hughton's tenure has been a disaster.
I was really pleased when he was appointed as he was, on paper, the real deal with proven experience and success at this level.
What has transpired has been terrible football and terrible tactics. Unwilling to change his style or formation.
There is also a distinct lack of leadership from the club.

“Some of it does reflect back to me that if it was a season of having crowds - particularly with what we get at the City Ground - possibly it might have been a better season, with the type of momentum you would have got from the supporters.
The above is what CH said in press conference I think if we had have had fans in last season and served up the sort of performances we did he would be gone by now as the fans would have let their feelings be known on a regular basis.

“Some of it does reflect back to me that if it was a season of having crowds - particularly with what we get at the City Ground - possibly it might have been a better season, with the type of momentum you would have got from the supporters.
The above is what CH said in press conference I think if we had have had fans in last season and served up the sort of performances we did he would be gone by now as the fans would have let their feelings be known on a regular basis.
This is a generic excuse that any team who played badly last season can use. Its true to an extent, but also given how badly we have played since the fans came back its a little bit insulting.

There seems to be a bit of a narrative being developed in his interviews. The reasons we lost are always for a reason other than the fucking obvious ones.

He's 10 years younger than Warnock, who doesn't lack passion & always seems to be able to put together a competitive team.

If we had had Colin any time over the last 2 decades we would have been competitive and more than likely got us promoted

And he has always wanted to manage us because of Clough

I know most of us hate him

But most of us hated Billy then adored him then hated him again

I would fucking love it if he came to our club

If we had had Colin any time over the last 2 decades we would have been competitive and more than likely got us promoted

And he has always wanted to manage us because of Clough

I know most of us hate him

But most of us hated Billy then adored him then hated him again

I would fucking love it if he came to our club
I'd have taken Warnock at any time. Too late now though.

I can't believe he's still here. There can't be a single competitive reason to keep him.

Someone has told Murphy about relegation right?

What's his fucking excuse now then?

His team has been booed off by every set of fans they have played in front of at the CG.

Does he think we are fucking stupid?

My guess is Hughton will be gone if he doesn’t get a result tomorrow. There’s too much chatter going on now.
I don't see it if he hasn't gone today

They'll clearly squander both the Boro and Huddersfield games on him, when he should have gone after Stoke

I don't see it if he hasn't gone today

They'll clearly squander both the Boro and Huddersfield games on him, when he should have gone after Stoke
Maybe. I think the decision will have been made Monday and it’s just a case of getting someone lined up which will take a few days so I would be surprised if it isn’t pretty much a double announcement on Thursday.