Hughton Out | Vital Football

Hughton Out

After watching tonight's debacle I'm almost persuaded - but we have to give him a few more games.

I think I was there when Man U beat us in a match which saved SAF's career. Closer to home, BC wouldn't have survived if his early record had been subjected to virulent fan abuse and the club had given a knee jerk response.

We have to grit our teeth and wait a bit before continuing the same cycle which has brought us...........nothing.

When Forest do decide to go for a new manager I hope we pick someone who has a reputation of playing young players, and getting the best out of them,as this will be our position with the players we have.Hence when the inevitable does happen I would be happy for us to go for someone like Robins at Coventry.

Despite all the very logical calls for stability when it comes to management, just what do you do if the players are not responding and heading towards relegation? I think that there is turmoil at the club and that is being shown on the pitch. JW, is he going ? BJ the same, question marks hanging over most of the rest of the players with probably a lot of new faces coming in. Stick or twist while all this is swirling around with a 35 year old ceo who has not even had time to take his strange coat off? These are sad times at the club i have supported for 60 years.

It does seem depressing at the moment but we're only a decent manager, a midfielder who can pass, and two average fullbacks away from a promotion push. This time last year we were coming off a 7th place finish, it wouldn't take that much to get back there again.

Hard to defend Hughton at present, the only mitigating circumstances are the covid outbreak that has put us back 2 weeks and that he appears to have been sold down the river and not supported with signings, which we are desperate for - others know that, so prices now jump!

I know we had to cut the wage bill and that we don't want to sign another tranche of 30+ journeymen, but the actual basics of football are missing too.

Fullbacks guilty of taking throw ins that don't go within 5 metres of a Forest player, quick free kicks putting others in danger, lumping the ball forward to strikers that are never going to beat monster centrehalves in the air, poor marking from set pieces and complete inadequacy when it comes to substitutions.

Johnson had an off day, but Mighten taken off instead - Colback, a red card in waiting left on the pitch for at least 10 mins too long, putting us under pressure, multiple free kicks conceded and they go 2-1..... clearly helped by Bryce Samba.

I'm a rose tinted spectacles kinda guy, but it does seem as though the coaching and tactics are not good enough. You cannot question CH's record, but I do wonder if he actually has the coaches around him that he wants.
We just appear to have picked up where we left off at the end of the season with poor displays and losses.
Unfortunately if we are going to change manager it has to be now due to when the transfer window closes.
Chris Wilder seems to like forest players and I have seen his name mentioned.
Would Eddie Howe come to forest?
Don't know if Dane Murphy had chosen the managers at Barnsley in recent years but they appeared to have on the whole chosen well.