Huddersfield Town | Page 12 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they turn down Sheff Wednesday to join a club in free fall like Huddersfield?

Doesn’t make sense, especially barely 7 games into the new campaign when they’ve created the best squad during their tenure here?
Were they offered Wednesday, I’m not sure they were

Why would they turn down Sheff Wednesday to join a club in free fall like Huddersfield?

Doesn’t make sense, especially barely 7 games into the new campaign when they’ve created the best squad during their tenure here?

I'm surprised they've chosen Huddersfield Town, a much smaller club than Wednesday. I think it could be a bad career move. Huddersfield have just enjoyed their greatest period for over forty years and I always believe it's better to take over when a club is at a low ebb.
Obviously the money will be life changing but surely better offers would have been available after a season consolidating Lincoln City in the third division. Anyway, Good Luck to the Cowleys and to you, Lincoln City supporters.

Yeah I doubt if they were offered Wednesday they'd reject it but take Huddersfield.

Seems a weird one to me given that Town have been a disaster for more than a year now. Big, big job and if they can't turn it round there's a very strong chance that they'll be in League One next year. But maybe they realised that even a decent-ish season with us in League One might not keep the bandwagon rolling and these offers might not keep coming.

Thats that then by the looks of it. Had to end some time.
I hope the replacement is well thought out.

He’s highly likely to take all of this support staff too, we’d be left with no one.

I'll be surprised if he/they have gone, if true what has prompted them to leave what was a long term project at Lincoln (their words) ? obviously a higher league and financial security but has the Board been unable to match their ambitions ?

Cannot believe this. Very poor timing if true. Only 7 games in. And no farewell. And Huddersfield. They could do much better. And all the speculation never mentions Nicky. What little they know.

I'm not sure if Ainsworth was joking on Quest yesterday but he said 'If Danny does not want the Huddersfield job I'll have it'. That suggests he knew Danny was considering it.

Yes I spotted that.
If this is true about Huddersfield were there moves done on Saturday for Gareth to replace Danny at Lincoln???
Who knows.

From our point of view it was becoming unsustainable. You can't have week after week where your manager is linked with every job that comes up in the Championship (and there are a lot of jobs that come up in the Championship) it's bad all round.

Half arsed performances like Saturday are the result of that. Question for me is, has Clive got someone in mind? If our current ownership are as good as we think there will be a succession plan.

Ainsworth would be my top choice. Very unlikely he’d leave Wycombe though. McCombe until the end of the season? (assuming he doesn’t go with them).

Half arsed performances like Saturday are the result of that. Question for me is, has Clive got someone in mind? If our current ownership are as good as we think there will be a succession plan.

I'll have to dig in to the archives but I'm fairly sure there was an article previously where it said that Clive had/wanted a similar approach to Southampton and would have targets identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.