Huddersfield Town | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see him going anywhere as a head coach. If you read one of their forums, there is a lot of chat about the very strong personalities in the squad who will be a challenge for any manager

WHY would DC/NC move from a club which is on the up to a club which is second bottom of the championship- in fact currently there are only 4 places between Lincoln and Huddersfield in the league.

This is so a non-news story (in terms of them leaving now)
I agree and believe he wouldn't want to leave. It was just seeing the betting odds and had thought nothing had been mentioned! UTI!!

If he did turn down West Brom then i really cannot see how Huddersfield would be a more attractive proposition.

He would also need to change his way of working if working under a director of football and become a head coach. I know he will have to adapt if he wants to go higher but Danny being a controlling person would surely want to be comfortable and have his own chosen players around him.

How far have we come as a club and what sort of zeitgeist have we developed between the club, the board, the management, the players and the fans, that few of us believe that a team the has just dropped down from the Premiership is not as attractive a proposition for our management team than we are.

Second in League 1, having spent virtually nothing in transfer fees since promotion, and (although it is going to be a very competitive top 10) we have a real chance of stepping up again. And even if we don't, what a ride it will be. What an experience. What a crest of fun and pride and sense of achievement we will all share and how much more is that than having to turn up for work in Huddersfield?

Last edited:
HTFC are a club with very little money and going through a difficult transition involving moving on 'premier league' players on big money who aren't very good as their current league position shows - would steer clear if I was DC/NC - much better off in a club on the up.

Thought they'd settled on Hudson because of 'financial constraints'? Despite parachute payments a fair few relegated Premiership sides look toxic financially, Huddersfield look candidates to keep on falling.

Danny will have seen the set up for himself very recently.

The start we've made and the continuing support he's (hopefully) getting from the board shows theres still a way to go here. It's a comfortable environment which encourages Danny and Nicky to challenge themselves to be uncomfortable. They surely want to take this as far as they can.

Dont tha knows were't might 'Uddersfield, well known underachievers in't premiership. Yorkshire tha knows, ever 'eard of it lads?. Were 'avin' a go at getting out of championship like!. Mind you it might be t'wrong way like, seethe! Does tha' wanna cum and 'help us like?

Status
Not open for further replies.