Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds)

re: taking the job during the summer.
would have been better for them
would also have been much better for us...
but 8 championship jobs came up after last season, and were filled in the summer.
stoke, reading and fulham already had new managers in place in the second half of last season.
for various other reasons lots of other championship clubs - pne, millwall, bristol city, cardiff, brentford, barnsley unlikely to change their manager this last summer.

wednesday - initially went with the caretaker for a few games into this season
huddersfield - stuck with their guy until after the season started

maybe they ran out out of perfect opportunities to take in the summer?

I was pilloried and some may quite rightly say so, and if you did, fair play to you. I said way back when that I said they needed a bloody nose to see how they dealt with things not going their way.

My point being then, as it is now, was that you cannot truly judge a captain, manager, leader until they are going through a bad run. It is how you deal with said bloody nose, or severe test, that determines your legacy.

They are going through their worst run as a management team. They have lost 6/7. How do you stop that. How do you turn it around. Many long term successful managers (I will mix them with our managers) often have inauspicious starts. Ferguson, Taylor, Murphy, Wenger, Keith Alexander.....and they essentially craft their way through that and become established and learn the game. The Cowleys have never gone through that. They have mainly only known success. So they now need to learn failure and how to turn it around. That is hard in this day and age, especially at the top divisions of the pyramid....where the boards have less patience than Donald Trump at 3am on Twitter.

To make this relevant to Lincoln and our current state of vacancy. We need someone of whom has had that failure and has learnt how to escape it, turn it around, learn lessons, have more than one plan, which just doesn't involve Championship Manager - as great as that game is.

Flynn and Ainsworth have had that. Ainsworth probably more so. He has more FL management experience, played with a variety of different managers, some good, some not so and still to this day credits Beck with giving him the desire to win.

When the Cowleys came to us....there wasn't alot of analysis about their tactics. Thanks to TV exposure and repetitive tactics, it is interesting to see that their repetitive weakness, being done down the left, has been mercilessly exposed by a Wednesday team, twice since July.

Bury did it to us, Everton did it to us (twice) as have many other teams at home. Along with the ball over the top, it has been one of their tactical Achilles heels.
'being done down the left" - that's a new one on me.

bury scored one goal down the left, one down the centre, and one from a corner.
everton were doing us down both sides, and down the middle. which was to be expected from a top premier team.

i thought the huddersfield weakness on both goals today was the two centre backs.

eardley was our player of the season two years ago. must look back and check all the times we were done down his side in the last two seasons.

Let's not rewrite history. He was and is a much more eloquent manager than most.

I agree, one of the most eloquent and different managers in the game.

I think, like me, most just hate that he is saying these things as some else's manager.

Is and always will be a leg end in at our club for what he and his brother have done under Clives regime. My personal view after a week or so, I think that footballing wise they have made a mistake leaving us, taking us to the Championship from the bottom 7 of the conference would have been historic and something built upon and developed in their image, jumping to a club full of already wealthy individuals with no emotional connection to the town and trying to instil the community, hardworking, 8 hour a day ethos will be an incredibly difficult task that I’m not sure they’ll be given the time implement.

On the personal front, they are both earning money that would have been inconceivable in May 2016.

Good luck to them both.

UTI

People need to let go the bitterness of Cowley leaving. I understand why people are frustrated at the manner that they left, but I understand why they have left. We've talked about both sides of it inside out over the past week. I for one, will be keeping an eye on thier progress as they hopefully make it to the top. I would do the same for all previous managers, its just the last few haven't been very good or been able to get another job after they left us! Another thing I will be doing, and what we should all be doing, is supporting Lincoln during this time. Let's concentrate on ourselves and get behind who ever the next man is.

Is it really true some of our fans have gone to their game today? Bloody weirdos.
2 full coaches left from outside the clubshop bright and early this morning and everyone to a man was decked out with an imp/htfc half and half scarf and some on the coach were in possession of Cowley facemasks.
I think i saw Chris Ashton sitting up front but i may have been mistaken,he is a lot better than that.

2 full coaches left from outside the clubshop bright and early this morning and everyone to a man was decked out with an imp/htfc half and half scarf and some on the coach were in possession of Cowley facemasks.
I think i saw Chris Ashton sitting up front but i may have been mistaken,he is a lot better than that.
That did give me a good chuckle.

banned video being inserted.......danger!

warning this may damage your health................at least i have been told that it will.

Lincoln fans going there is the same as town fans coming here to cheer on Jackson when he took over here, they didn’t obviously but our 'fans' did, weird.

Lincoln fans going there is the same as town fans coming here to cheer on Jackson when he took over here, they didn’t obviously but our 'fans' did, weird.

His managerial achievements were one playoff promotion, no where near the same level of success.

As I have already said, I'm in a position where I can't please everyone!

nobody can and nobody will.....it`s all a matter of opinions and thankfully we are all of differing opinions.......makes the board more interesting.

Looking forward to Harry taking over the reins next week he will steady the ship and Wayne may be coming as his assistant now the Derby thing has blown through.

His managerial achievements were one playoff promotion, no where near the same level of success.
And he got sacked there... twice! Really very different circumstances... there was at least half a season between him leaving HT and then pitching up here.

Don’t really understand the ‘weird’ reactions. If Imps fans had gone off to Crap Pint Stadium on a Saturday at 3:00 when the Imps were playing, for sure that goes down as highly questionable behaviour. But heading out on a Sunday for a game of football... why not?

And he got sacked there... twice! Really very different circumstances... there was at least half a season between him leaving HT and then pitching up here.

Don’t really understand the ‘weird’ reactions. If Imps fans had gone off to Crap Pint Stadium on a Saturday at 3:00 when the Imps were playing, for sure that goes down as highly questionable behaviour. But heading out on a Sunday for a game of football... why not?
Barnsley v Leeds was nearer if it was just a game of football.

You have to be impressed that DC is setting records already. He will go down in history & Udders folklore as the manager in charge of there worst ever start to a football season.