Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Huddersfield Town (v Sheff Weds)

0-2 defeat v Wednesday or a 6-1 win v North Ferriby? Hmmmm ? ..... a spanking at the Hawthorns this time next week awaits ?

0-2 defeat v Wednesday or a 6-1 win v North Ferriby? Hmmmm ? ..... a spanking at the Hawthorns this time next week awaits ?
htfc were decent given that they had not achieved 3pt for quite a stretch but Wednesday were well organised and Bannan a revelation in midfield.

When the second Owls goal went in i jumped up with excitement and smashed a few light bulbs in my lounge lights,but it was worth it.

only regret was i didn`t lump on the owls for a victory today.
..............still there is always next week.

Cowley's has until Christmas to get them stabilised and in mid-table. If they're not, there will be a very real chance of him being turfed.

After that, Cowley's might find it very difficult to get a good job in the top three divisions - no league 1 experience.

And I wouldn't have him back.

Cowley's has until Christmas to get them stabilised and in mid-table. If they're not, there will be a very real chance of him being turfed.

After that, Cowley's might find it very difficult to get a good job in the top three divisions - no league 1 experience.

Hopefully our new manager (or manageress) will be well ensconced in LCFC by then and it won't matter what's happening outside the bank anyway.

After that, Cowley's might find it very difficult to get a job in the top three divisions - no league 1 experience.

DC is certainly a good motivator of men so he has that in his favour and that is critical but to keep HTFC safe from relegation you need to motivate lads who are earning big dough and we all know how hard that was for Mourinho at MUFC and he had many tactical successes and delivered bundles of trophies during his tenure as a top flight manager.(Cowleys 1 promo into FL and 1 div 4 promotion)

Championship football for non league guys is a step into the unknown and come January Potless Phil(owner of htfc in name) steering the ruderless HTFC ship has only 1 priority,reducing the overall wage bill and shipping out expensive salaried skins to cut costs.(currently 33 pros on books)
January instead of being an opportunity for the current manager will end up being a negative period for HTFC.
Going forward i feel the biggest obstacle to success at HTFC going forward will be tactical naivety and the experience of the current managers within the division plus the size of their budgets leaving HTFC trying to keep up.
Even avoiding relegation medium term for HTFC the objective will be economic survival as the parachute payments drop off the horizon.
Avoiding relegation will not fix the financial shortfall.

So in conclusion the outlook up there in Yorkshire looks poor:

stooge owner waiting to make the next poor decision....just paid 50k to efl for illegal betting on shirts.(paddy Power)

52 million pound charge( AND RISING) outstanding to outgoing owner

players on 50% reduced salaries..........low motivation.

Well i suppose it`s a job and if it goes tits up you can count the dosh!

Rediculous. They will give them at least two transfer windows unless by the end of Feb they are in relegation fight with no signs of improval.

The Cowleys will easily get a job in League 1 if it doesn't go well, even so they've always said they'll go back to teaching if it doesn't work out.

Finally, I'd probably take them back.

As I have already said, I'm in a position where I can't please everyone!
I don’t see why we should lock the thread, it’s obviously a subject that some people want to explore - but moving it to the ‘off-topic’ forum and keeping it open over there makes a lot of sense to me.

If the timing fits I would as you could then have them as long as you wanted or until they have taken us to the next level.

Just watching the hudds v sheff game . Massive salvage job in my.opinion yet early enough in the season to be achieved. However 2nd rate as a championship team in nearly all aspects. Defending very poor